DVDVR Message Board

FIRE PRO WORLD

Craig H

RE: @Horton Hears a Wooo!!!

I've spent my first chunk of playtime making two new edits and copying over some old ones, so I can say with some certainty Logic is mostly the same as FPR, aside from the addition of a separate button that only does pin moves which gives everyone two more ground moves. There's probably one or two other weird conditional things I'm missing, but like 90% guaranteed you're looking at the same stuff in general.

54 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

Like shit mostly.  Few good edits and a lot of bad ones but when someone makes one you like, it's really easy to see the other stuff they did.

I'm working on this:

Dude, PLEASE let us know when you put that up.  Knowing how much you like the dude I'm certain you'll do that right.

For the sake of the shit ton of edits coming in I think it's good for us to have list of the top-notch makers for reference.  I know of Phil Parent but with the tons of edits coming in it'd be nice to know who brings to goods and who is just some dude putting his version of Omega.

I also have so many questions about the game but time permitting will check the dev blogs first.  What's bad is I suck at creating wrestlers but have no issue downloading.  Looking at the tons of edit options it seems rather overwhelming to make one, maybe I'll try one this weekend.

It feels real good to have a new Fire Pro game on my HD, I tell you what.

I didn't even play last night, just checked out edit mode and looked through the new moves, which is pretty much the first thing I do with any new wrestling game.  Made a pretty passable Randy Savage appearance in just a few minutes.

I didn't realize that doing the missions would unlock more stuff, so I guess I'm doing those tonight.

2 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

Like shit mostly.  Few good edits and a lot of bad ones but when someone makes one you like, it's really easy to see the other stuff they did.

This is pretty standard, though.  Back in the day, it used to be the people releasing "appearances" as full edits and getting pissed off when you called them out on it.

I never understood just wanting the guy that LOOKS like him and doesn't actually play like him, or even have any of his moves.  What's the point?

• Like 2

the cool thing is since you have a subscribe feature, if someone says something is a work in progress, it's supposed to update.

I hope it doesn't download all the edits every time you start up the game though.  Goddamn.

It's also pretty cool to be at work and at downtime be able to mark all my edits to download when I get home.  Jae made Flamita and I'm pretty excited to have him in the game.

As far as defaults go, yeah, Oyaji is right, Mr. Cobra is the shit.  I fucking love that guy.  I made a belt just to give him a belt.

If you leave your Steam PC signed in, it should DL them as you mark them, that way you only have to move them over from Retired when you start the game up.

Regarding Steam achievements, honestly, I wouldn't put much stock into them. So many of them can be unlocked with console commands. That tons of Steam users do this and Valve cares so little about it makes the achievements pretty irrelevant.

I don't care about the acheivements honestly, but it did at least give an idea of how many Missions there are.  So far I've only unlocked 1 move via missions, but I know there are more, and that the max edit points are behind that wall (200 is max right now, but there's always been a way to go higher in Fire Pro).

I took a break from missions to create an Okada. I'm about 50% done, but I'm not happy with the head and only marginally happy with the gear. 

Does this seem like a huge improvement in terms of game play, edit mode options, etc?  I'm on the fence about this.  I loved FPR in 2006, less so in 2011.  I hardly played matches after 2010, though I did create edits.  I basically only simmed matches to test logic.  I felt like the game always played too fast for most styles of matches - great for DG, lucha, Chikara matches, etc.  Not so great if you want to work an old-school match or even 1990's WCW.

Edits are a push for me right now.  I had a lot of appearances I was pretty happy with.  I feel like getting more options but losing gradients is a push.  I am happy to get actual beards in the game.  FPR had one facial hair option unless the head came with a beard.

Moves and character logic are probably the deciding factors for me.  Did they remove any moves from FPR?  It looks like they're adding mostly signature moves so far.  i'd prefer to see more generic moves added that can be used by a lot of characters.  I won't be giving the Rainmaker to a lot of edits.

Don't get me wrong.  I think a new Fire Pro game is a great development, in general, but gaming is probably the least of my hobbies and I'll have to buy a PS4 to play (no interest in PC gaming or online play).  Other than Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts, the list of PS4 games I'd actually spend a lot of time with is tiny.Gaming is one of those deals where I enjoy some games but wouldn't miss it a lot if I never gamed again.

Can you do two-tone tights and shorts in FPW?  It always annoyed CTU Minoru was on the game, but you couldn't create his tights.  Same with KENTA.

The layering system is taking bit of getting used to, but I managed to get 3 different colors into my Okada's tights, kneepads, and boots.  I'm going to attempt a Takahashi too, and that'd going to be a challenge, but with what I fiddled around with, two tone  hair should be possible.  

So far, it's cleaner than the previous versions, but right now, it's about the same, feature wise.  There's stuff I'm looking forward too (Custom Logo's, music, belt plates, logo's on the rings) that I'm hoping comes down the line.

No removed moves that I noticed, and I went through everything open at start.  The editing moves is streamlined nicely with moves being grouped into catagory's.  Editing appearance takes getting used to, doing the colors and such isn't that intuitive, and I really wish there was a way to get back to the default black tone.

1 hour ago, Raziel403 said:

I don't care about the acheivements honestly, but it did at least give an idea of how many Missions there are.  So far I've only unlocked 1 move via missions, but I know there are more, and that the max edit points are behind that wall (200 is max right now, but there's always been a way to go higher in Fire Pro).

I took a break from missions to create an Okada. I'm about 50% done, but I'm not happy with the head and only marginally happy with the gear. 

What move was it?  Did it tell you you did it or did you just find it?

Last night I did find good edits for 2000's Misawa and Kobashi at least. There's a really good looking Nakamura too, I think it's the same dude did a decent AJ Styles. Onita's there. Terry Funk loves his piledriver. There's a fairly accurate Kurt Angle. I subscribed to a ton of edits and I can always delete the ones I don't want later.

I don't totally get the editing. I tried to do just a made up test dude, and there's a weird coloured seam between the top of my face and where the hair starts. I guess I need another part out of the 45 billion.

It told me it did.  I don't remember what it was, but after I cleared the mission, when I went back to the screen, a window on the bottom came up that had "{whatever the move was} has been unlocked"  Some kind of Powerbomb that I didn't look at.

There aren't any logo's yet.  All i got is the color and turnbuckles down for all 4 WWE rings (RAW, SDL, 205, and NXT), NJPW, and RoH.  I might do some classic rings soon.  At least get them set until the logo Editor gets put in.

Are getting an importable belt plate editor as well, or no?

WIP head list. Okada is 201 according to it, @Raziel403.

As for edits so far, there are some nice appearances. And Phil Parent is doing a Fire Pro Anthology collection (he's the one with the Misawa and Kobashi edits) you can subscribe to. He and others are recreating all the default wrestlers from Fire Pro games of the past, complete with their moves and logic (the latter is kind of a bummer but whatever).

And Carlzilla posted a 100% save file. It also has his subscriptions saved onto there and you won't get achievements, but I doubt many would care.

It sounds like the game will be incredibly modable, which is fucking awesome. 

1 minute ago, Oyaji said:

WIP head list. Okada is 201 according to it, @Raziel403.

As for edits so far, there are some nice appearances. And Phil Parent is doing a Fire Pro Anthology collection (he's the one with the Misawa and Kobashi edits) you can subscribe to. He and others are recreating all the default wrestlers from Fire Pro games of the past, complete with their moves and logic (the latter is kind of a bummer but whatever).

Cheers Oyaji.

One thing I've noticed with using a Dualshock 4 is that the controller rumbles constantly if you turn controller vibration on. Not a huge deal or anything.

I do hope that additional video settings come soon too.