DVDVR Message Board

FIRE PRO WORLD

Craig H

People going all "hold my beer" in ignoring Oyaji.

Normally these days it would be ridiculous for me to take 2 days off to play a video game. However, I'm sitting on over 3 months of paid time off so I may as well just take that whole week off and fit in home improvement stuff as the forward facing reason for the time off while Fire Pro is the shadow reason.

As a lowly substitute teacher, I'm off anyway. Unless people are doing their own edits, the first few days will probably be pretty rough unless you plan on using the default guys like STEEL JOHNSON. I'm guessing the better edit makers will take their time. However, Phil Parent over at FParena, with the help of others, is doing an anthology that will include every single wrestler to make an appearance in the series. That probably will start coming together pretty quickly.

Personally, I will be busy working on bringing back CHEAP LOW BUDGET WRESTLING going way back to my high school days with FPD. The Janitor will rise again! Mop Buckets for everybody.

Yeah. I will likely gobble up any creations I come across. Even still, to just be able to get back into swing of things with playing Fire Pro will be fun enough. Part of me wants to go and play D or R, but I don't know where my Dreamcast power cord is and I could just play R on the PS3, it's already on there, but I just kinda want to go back in fresh and re-learn things instead of getting reacquainted now and going into World feeling like it's old hat.

I'm probably going to be taking my time cranking out guys slowly until I just break down and start grabbing edits as they become available since I'm going for like, 100% rosters of most of the top currently active promotions.

Hey, just thought I'd pop in to say that next weekend I am planning to run a live stream, where I go through a Fire Pro Wrestling Kumite, playing one match in every Fire Pro released on consoles up until FPD*. I will say that I'm going to lean this stream to being more like beginner friendly so there might be some amount of breaking down basics and maybe getting them wrong, so know that in advance. Either way, come through and watch and laugh as I get my ass handed to me like 16 straight times because I've spent the entirety of FPR's lifespan simming matches instead of playing!

*Not looking to put anymore wear on my PS2 than I absolutely have to before I get my FPR edits copied over

• Like 2

The file size will be super small, so we should be okay on that front. I'm thinking/hoping it releases midnight in Tokyo on the 11th, which would be 8AM Monday on the west coast. 

quick update: gonna go ahead and not promise FPD on the Getting My Ass Kicked stream. software solutions have failed and I have no idea if my dreamcast still works or if the controller ports have completely gone to shit, and I definitely don't have money to fix that if they have.

UPDATE THE 2ND: Turns out I have two dreamcasts and the controller ports work, but either this disc is trash or both of their lasers are borked. Will keep you posted.

NEW MOVES:

Yes, this is new.  This is clearly the Dirty Deeds but it looks way better than the old Double Arm DDT animation.

Contrived ADR finisher/move every luchador does now/Marine Spike too

They also posted some notes on the online matchmaking on the dev blog:

https://fireproworld.com/2017/07/04/dev-blog-3-online-settings/ 

I love that the online matchmaking has a filter for people looking to "work" matches vs. fighting to win.  And that it's "Pro Wrestling" vs. "Cement".

It's funny, but playing WWE 2K17, I catch myself actually "working" matches more than just going for straight wins, especially if my character is babyface, since babyface-friendly matches involve a lot more back-and-forth action, no brawling on the floor, etc.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, The Unholy Dragon said:

I love that they put the Double Stomp deal in the corner where it doesn't work and glitches out for the example.

I guess that also answers whether North/South corner moves will be possible.

The example is working as planned. You're seeing the corner of a ring as a backdrop. This is similar to past Fire Pro and AKI games, probably Yukes ones too, where you're just watching the move in isolation.

You've always been able to do North/South corner moves, or at least since the Saturn.

Tree of Woe-> Any strike

Do a knee dropkick to dropkick them in the face.  Big Boot them in the nuts.  Go grab a sledge hammer and tee off on some scrotum, etc

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

I love that the online matchmaking has a filter for people looking to "work" matches vs. fighting to win.  And that it's "Pro Wrestling" vs. "Cement".

This sort of mentality is something an absolutely vast number of online games would benefit hugely from, and it's a shame it has pretty much no chance of catching on because so many people just don't get it.

2 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

You've always been able to do North/South corner moves, or at least since the Saturn.

Tree of Woe-> Any strike

Do a knee dropkick to dropkick them in the face.  Big Boot them in the nuts.  Go grab a sledge hammer and tee off on some scrotum, etc

My favorite tree of woe spot was when the guy was tied up and I Critical'ed him with a superkick to the knee.  Didn't even work the leg before, but it was so cool breaking the dude's leg like that.

Sounds like it's FPR with 1v1 online and Steam Workshop support to start with. Some new moves and a few new mechanics but pretty much FPR with online functionality.

@DG_Jae dropping some more news from Famitsu:

Figure 8 is in

"Iron Finger from Hell and the Boma Ye as a corner to center move were also confirmed but not shown."

SWA Arena, Korakuen Hall, and the Dojo ring are the only ones available at early access.

For the strike exchanges, you'll be able to pick from 9 strikes to set. For the final big strike there will be 12. One last addendum to the strike exchange bit, 9 basic strikes, 12 finishing strikes, and 10 poses for before you hit the finisher.

Have to S rank the tutorial to unlock all moves and edit points. "It just says clear mission mode to get access to new moves and higher stats." :wacko:

My own rambling: Do you think they'll port over all the magnificent, glorious sounds from FPR? I wish they'd also bring back "FUCK" "FAWKING" and "SHIT" (and to a lesser extent "E.C. FUCKING W!"). Sounds were pretty essential to Cheap Low Budget Wrestling. Some guys were created just to have something emit the crazier sounds.