DVDVR Message Board

FIRE PRO WORLD

Craig H

On 8/18/2018 at 9:30 PM, Wee Bey said:

I'm not sure what's funnier: all the Young Lions having a finisher, or Yano having one that doesn't involve a low blow or roll-up.

1 hour ago, Casey said:

NJPW DLC for the PC has been pushed back and they're "aiming for September".

Well that's unfortunate for those sticking with the PC versions though I'm not much surprised considering they're putting more focus into the PS4 version.  I hope they realize that the more delays happen people are going to get the impression the PC version is becoming more and more neglected.  Then again we're still waiting on Management of the Ring mode and that was supposed to come out in the spring.

I pretty much decided though that the PS4 version will be mainly for the New Japan mode and the PC version will be for fucking around with mods.  I'm sure I'll download stuff on PS4 but figure this setup will work for the time being.  I also feel bad about the  initial sales/reviews for the Japan version and hope things get ironed out for the US one.  But if sales weren't were they wanted it to be then they really should consider getting started with developing it for Switch.  I'm sure the market for that system in Japan is much greater than that of the PS4 so to me it would make sense to port it over to that.  It doesn't seem like it'd be too technically demanding for the system and would give the unique aspect of playing a console Fire Pro while on the go.  I really hope they give it a go before throwing in the proverbial towel.

The PC version has a real chance of being evergreen, what with moves and texture mods. They've been figuring out ways to make faces and insert them into the game and so far they look better than the official ones. So many of the new faces look perfect in edit mode when looking at them square on but turn into generic looking messes from the standard 3/4s view you'll see them in for quite a lot of the game. I know we're setting ourselves up for disappointment but there's a lot of wishing that Matsumoto and co. release their dev tools once their funding dries up and production comes to a close. Even if they don't, some of the modded moves look dope and the animations would get better over time. 

Edit: oh dear, Carl is saying he may not have time to do the huge overhaul necessary to update the mod suite until around Christmas. He's also saying he may release a way of sharing edits (that vaguely sounds better than spike's) offline. That would almost assuredly increase the amount of pirates or diminish the need for greasy bastards who would only buy the game for edit sharing to avoid doing that. Hmmm. He says he doesn't care anymore because of spike releasing a mess of a game that's more fpr 1.5 than even 2.0. This will go well.

Edited by Oyaji

The dev team they brought on used dogshit code that caused more problems than it helped every patch until earlier this year when Matsumoto fired them. They've spent this entire year trying to fix said code, port it over to PS4, and get the NJPW content out for the summer. It was released with a tonne of bugs, some of which were legacy bugs from the PC version such as framerate drops, but there continue to be crashes and even save data corruptions. So, both versions are pretty messy and there have been a lot of delays (this I don't care about). Now they're prioritizing the PS4 version over the PC one, understandably, but I can see why some PC players would feel neglected. 

Carl's floating out the idea that he may not even bother updating his suite altogether. He makes some broad statements from time to time, so I'm not too worried and, while it would be an immense undertaking, somebody else like View would pick up the slack in time. 

3 hours ago, Craig H said:

They shit the bed on what, the PC version? 

Yeah, which probably doesn't matter in the scheme of things, but I think that it's also kind of just doing dumb customer service shit across the board that is starting to seem kind of shitty.

Hey man let's make dope shirts!  70 percent of our audience is overseas but let's only sell them in Japan.

Hey man remember management of ring mode?  It's not done sorry.

Remember those menu upgrades?  You'll get it after the PS4 if you're on PC.  Thanks for giving us your money though you dumb bastards.

Let's throw in some themes for PS4 users.  Hey, we suck at the internet and business so they're only available after launch when every single other game that has this shit as a preorder gives it to you when you preorder (I'm not holding my breath on ever actually getting those themes)

Let's stop updating the PC version to work on the one that will actually make us money (this is actually a good move honestly)

OH WAIT WE FORGOT TO WORK ON THE PC VERSION SHIIIIIIIIIIT let's tell people September so we can sit around with our dicks in our hands until September 29th

I love this game series more than probably anything else out there of any genre, and want it to succeed, but they're making Lucha Underground season 4 level shitty decisions. 

The only thing I'll disagree with is the idea that they're sitting around with their dicks in their hands. It's an incredibly small team working on the game and from everything I've gathered, they're working nonstop on it just to make it not shitty and porting it over on the ps4. It does seem like the director and the crew bit off more than they were capable of chewing though, but it was his passion and constant badgering that got this game made in the first place.

as someone that started stockpiling PS2s, copies of FPReturns, and Capture Cards, it's still 100% more New Fire Pro than I thought I was ever gonna get so I'm like completely willing to let that stuff go. Honestly the only real downside to it is that it means the Carlzilla suite is gonna be on standby for a while.

then again I am buying two copies of it for PS4* because I am a lunatic so I might not be the person to ask about that

*physical and digital deluxe, so I can have the physical copy but play the digital one so I don't put wear on the disc**
**i know***
***i know

• Like 1

I'm probably not going to get back into the game hardcore until December anyway, so the delay in getting the mod suite running doesn't really bother me at all. I'm looking forward to when the game is fully supported and Spike shuts it down and the modders can really go crazy. No more having to recreate edits every time a new mod comes out. That's when I'll go OCD with entrance themes, entrance attires, all that shit for every roster across all timez. Until then, I'll just casually download edits I feel like messing around with, probably on the PS4 and playing it with friends.

I vaguely remember that from the sleaze thread. The story about the von Erichs and alley cats scarred me. Safe to say they got theirs in the end. Oh and the glass bottom boat. Never forget that one either. 

https://gameidealist.com/news/ps4-file-size-revealed-for-fire-pro-wrestling-world/

PS4 file size revealed for Fire Pro Wrestling World

The file size has been revealed for the PlayStation 4 version of Fire Pro Wrestling World. When viewed on the system, the product page on the PlayStation Store shows that the wrestling simulator will take up 1.51 GB of free space.

Correct me if I'm wrong but they still haven't revealed how many edits we can have on PlayStation, right? I know it's technically infinite depending on hard drive space for the PC but I haven't personally seen anybody say that's the case for PS or not.