DVDVR Message Board

FIRE PRO WORLD

Craig H

• 2 weeks later...

Fired it up for the first time in a while, noticed I have about 800 edits, so I spend about an hour organizing them.  I got just about everyone sorted except for Mexico.  I just need to run through and clean out the bad edits since I have a ton of doubles and some of them are not good.

But I did have a pretty awesome Elite vs. Okada/Roppongi3K match last night.

• Like 1

I'm slowly making my way through The Anthology and editing people to my preference. It's a pain in the ass but I just can't handle having all different edits and the quirks of their creators - like those who use next to no highlight on parts, those who get a little crazy with the scaling, people who miss match skin tones, etc. 

Basically at this point it's less a game and more a hobby or collection, but still lots of fun. 

My bigger issue over appearance is movesets.  There are some real head scratchers in peope's movesets that I'm finding as I go (Like Naito having a Crossface Chickenwing Suplex) and just some general "not assigning move types to certain slots" nitpicking that I'm used to (like suplexes to Up-Medium)

This talk makes me wish there was a better way to find good edits. I shouldn't have to download 4 different Jeff Cobb edits to find one that isn't really shitty and the one I did download feels like they just took Apollo Crews' moveset from WWE 2K18.

• Like 2

I need to use the steam ratings more. If people used them we'd be better off.

The interface as a whole needs improving. It's too difficult to find edits when editing, loading, or deleting. They should be sorted into their promotions in those menus and I really wish there were a ctrl-f type of search box.

They said they wanted to replace the UI shortly after release but I guess that's unlikely with them leaving early access.

• Like 1

I've only played a little bit - just a couple of matches but some initial impressions:

1) Love the variety of moves, even if I have no idea how to trigger most of them

2) Not a fan of the stilted animation.  They went with a 1980s/90s look to be consistent with the rest of the series.  That's cool.  They could have left behind the 80s/90s animation though.  It's 2017, guys, it's OK to make give more frames of animation to stuff.

3) In one of my matches, I was a 7ft1, 430lb guy facing a 120lb woman.  10 seconds in, she bodyslammed my guy.  That's just a no.

Definitely need to play more.

9 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Fuck yeah! I was wishing they would do this when new Japan announced they were coming out with a game. Fucking cool! 

This is really cool to find out and surely gives me something look forward to this summer.  Are they coming to PC as well or is it just PS4?  And I wonder if it's just the wrestlers or if we're going to get their rings/arenas.

They did with All Japan Women's and JWP with All Star Dream Slam, Dome Super Female Big Battle and Queen's Special.  

I'm gonna have to go back and wipe out all the NJ roster when the update drops, but that's a small price for having an officially supported Roster.  Hoping for entrance music too, but not going to hold my breath.

But getting a story mode where I can start as a Young Boy with a limited move set and work up to Main Eventing the Dome like was in FPG is all I wanted from this game.  I can only hope for the hand drawn characatures for cutscenes like FPG had.

11 hours ago, Death From Above said:

Really interested to see how many folks get ported over. The full roster? Legends? 10-man tags for maximum BC/CHAOS/Suzuki-gun/LIJ insanity?

Should also mention that Firepro was replaced by a game series featuring only licensed wrestlers but I hated the King of Colosseum games and their gameplay so I won't

I don't think they'll do 10 man tags.  If they were going to do that they already would have to work it out in Early Access

NJPW dropping the announcement at Fan Fest before WK leads be to believe that we're getting at least the full current as of who's officially under contract after the 5th.  I'd love for Legends as all those guys technically exist in previous versions, and some of the FP Arena guys already ported them over.