DVDVR Message Board

FIRE PRO WORLD

Craig H

It's complete, and it's pretty sound. I've been in most of the Fire Pro e-feds over the last 15 years, so I've had a lot of practice honing logic, and a lot of good advice from dudes like Jason Blackheart, Lord Vermin, and Spunk.

You might find an appearance or moveset you prefer, but my edits work well.

No. They're going to finish adding features with Early Access on PC and then release it on PS4. The tough part about sales right now is that Steam and PC gaming in general aren't big in Japan, so once it finally does release on console they'll see the lion's share of their profit. From the sounds of it, the thing limiting their ability on inputting all of these wonderful features fans want is restricted budget. And limited features will affect PS4 sales I'm guessing. So it's a catch-22 of sorts.

So I mostly deal in totally original edits that I will never upload to the marketplace. One of these edits is of a character that is like a 90s Canadian Wrassler tribute, and even though I figure that there's people out there who have already made Bret Hart or downloaded a Bret Hart, I made some pretty badass Bret Hart pants. Here's screenshots and the layers.

e0bd71d201.png

Layer 1/2 for bodysuit. In this case, I'm using the female model so I'm just using F-Dress A1.
Everything is default contrast unless noted otherwise. The technique I used is reductive- instead of layering white designs onto pink, it's layering pink designs onto white:
Tights A (pink, neutral contrast)
Both Sides (white)
Flames (pink)
Line A (black)
Line B (white)
Line C (pink)

c6ea784981.png

Tights A (pink, neutral)
Spots 1 (white)
Spots 2 (pink)
Tights C1 (pink, neutral) <- the Inner Thigh tights, to cut off Spots 1 from wrapping around.
Flames 1 (pink)
Flames 2 (white)
Line A (black)
Line B (white)
Line C (pink)

The calves are kind of normal, but here's a way to do the colored heel/toe boots that I don't know if people have picked up on.
821cbf5782.png

Shoes A1 (white)
Leg Guard 1(pink)
Shoes A2 (black)
Shoes B2 (black) <- optional, I think it makes the black line on the soles look darker while letting it color-match the rest of the lacing on the calf
Shoes A3(pink)

And now, the finished product.

be4c74b592.png

c72939a31a.png

• Like 4

I'm trying to make a Goro Tsurumi CAW, it'll probably go no where but at least I'll try. M I have more than enough footage to go trough once I hook up one of my older external drives. Would be cool to make a IWA Kokusai/Union series of CAW's but I fear I'm not good enough for that. ( As a bonus I got to see The White Mummy and Jason the Terrible brawl in Union during a weird 6man gimmick match )

Also had a no dq, no count 8man ellimination tag match between Mitsuhiro Matsunaga, Ken the Box*, Shinsuke Nakamura & a Super Uchuu Power vs Shunji Takano, Mick Foley, New Jack & a wrestling Bear some one posted and the match got 94%. 

*Slightly edited version of that Japanese CAW.

Browsing the Fire Pro Arena board and I guess the developers have said gradients definitely won't be coming back in due to the difficulty of coding that back in (ie, expense).  That might seal it for me.  I'd like to have the game on a console I'll play - I bought the PC version but I don't enjoy PC gaming at all.  I might buy a PS4 for FPW, Final Fantasy, and Kingdom Hearts, but I'm not much of a gamer.  I can imagine buying a PS4 and having it sit around mostly unused.  The consoles I have now - including a replacement PS2 with modchip that I bought right before FPW was announced - haven't been touched in months.

I think the game is probably a decent step up from FPR, but I'm not sure it's enough of a leap to warrant buying a new system.  If they had improved/expanded logic and left gradients in, I'd be a lot more sold.

4 minutes ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Browsing the Fire Pro Arena board and I guess the developers have said gradients definitely won't be coming back in due to the difficulty of coding that back in (ie, expense).  That might seal it for me.  I'd like to have the game on a console I'll play - I bought the PC version but I don't enjoy PC gaming at all.  I might buy a PS4 for FPW, Final Fantasy, and Kingdom Hearts, but I'm not much of a gamer.  I can imagine buying a PS4 and having it sit around mostly unused.  The consoles I have now - including a replacement PS2 with modchip that I bought right before FPW was announced - haven't been touched in months.

I think the game is probably a decent step up from FPR, but I'm not sure it's enough of a leap to warrant buying a new system.  If they had improved/expanded logic and left gradients in, I'd be a lot more sold.

Going off what Oyaji said earlier if they end up making their money back off the PS4 launch then I wonder if they'd consider adding it in then.  That's assuming of course it takes off on PS4 and Japan buys it up like they're hoping.  I'm also hoping after both versions are officially released there's still enough interest where they're always adding stuff in and tinkering with it.  At worst I can see a mod to include it thought that won't do anything for the PS4 version.

I'm not trying to persuade you to change your mind, but I don't get the gradients thing. Not even from you specifically, but the whole idea of clinging to them outside of it just being a thing everyone was used to being taken away.

In my experience thus far, you can re-create pretty much any look you could achieve with wacky gradients using layers, and 9 times out of 10 it's a vast improvement.

In interest of full transparency though, I think most of the gradients looked like crap anyway. I felt like we wanted things to look good because we loved Fire Pro, so we kinda squinted and said, "Man, that looks so cool!" when it really kinda didn't.

But, enough of me being a downer.

I uploaded an Undertaker, even threw in the mask gimmick he used after Mabel crushed his face.  

• Like 3

Lord Worm had pretty great use of gradients for really minor details in Returns but dude is banned from the internet and a lot of the small details can be recreated with the extra layers we now have. I feel like the big thing with gradients was for fictional monsters and the like. 

Carlzilla's blood mod is so awesome! Spike should take a look and just alter their settings so it's the default because it looks infinitely better than what we get out of box. No ref bleeding from ordinary ref bumps either. Only time the ref should bleed is when the detonation goes off but I don't think that happens with Carl's mod. 

DJKM uploaded a large number of templates last week and making edits is now way less time consuming. Recommend those to anybody doing a lot of edit making. Few things I don't love but great time savers. 

Count me in for not getting the hand wringing over lack of gradients. It's honestly not even a big deal. Of all the edits I've seen, I've never thought, "you know what would make this Frank The Trashman Reynolds edit look better? Gradients." All of the edits look great.

And I've thought about using Carlzilla's blood mod, but worried if it would cause a hit in performance like some people talked about after the mod was introduced.

That blood mod is so damn tempting though I'm not certain if my computer can handle that.  Worth a try though as I could go for a nice bloodbath in my deathmatches.  If it struggles with it I can always undo everything easily enough.

I'm keeping an eye on this thread that has texture mods.  It's very promising though reading about it freezing occasionally keeps me from trying this right now.  But hopefully they get the bugs smoothed out.  Unless they're officially making this a thing then this would be a thing to try out.   http://www.fpwarena.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1405

Yeah, just rename the original .dll to "[insert name here] (original).dll". Carl states in the thread that if there's a CPU hit, it's very insignificant.

AcidDragon has a really nice collection of sensible layers he's suggested Spike add. He basically said if we don't get more layers it's not because of difficulty but because Spike chose to spend resources elsewhere and that modding wouldn't be too difficult. Promising.

Uh, there's a limited move mod tool in the debugger. It's not exactly an unlimited type of move maker, but I would think that one day move mods will be a thing. A very time consuming thing to do well, but a thing.

My two big wishes for this game were move and texture modding, so we could basically keep the game evergreen and it sounds like we may eventually have both!

giphy.gif

I'm impressed and pleased to see people get right into modding. I think Spike was probably surprised as well. Even better is that it sounds like Spike is welcome to the fanbase getting into the guts of the game and doing stuff they don't have the resources for.

5 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

FWIW 90% of my PS4 use is as a media center. I really like it as a Blu Ray player/Streaming Machine that I also play games on sometimes.

You can do that now by changing the "H1" setting to the right of the color in edit mode to "N". It's a flat/matte colour. And somebody is already working on transparent layer mods. That would be super neat.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

You can do that now by changing the "H1" setting to the right of the color in edit mode to "N". It's a flat/matte colour. And somebody is already working on transparent layer mods. That would be super neat.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Always wondered what the point of that was.

And obviously higher H numbers indicate more shine. 

We knew it was coming from spike but with mods it's already possible! 

6h5EoCA_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

He also modded the clock in the bottom right. So cool you can have more than one apron pic and you can cover most if not all of the canvas too. That means ads in the corner like with NJPW's current mat is possible. It's becoming very quickly evident that the community of modders are going to make an all time great game/series even better. 

• Like 3