DVDVR Message Board

FIRE PRO WORLD

Craig H

Guess who just jumped onto the Steam Sale and got FPW and a whole bunch of DLC?

Guess who feels dumb for burning $30 on the Parts Craft DLC that I’ll probably never understand?

So, I got this. What now?

You download a shitload of wrestlers that you’ll never use but it makes you feel good to have complete rosters for certain promotions and corresponding years.

• Like 1

Spend all of your time editing those thousands of edits , making sure their move sets are correct, use the right buttons, have the right logic, look the best (NOW WITH CUSTOM PARTS OH GOD NO), are in the correct faction within the correct promotion and then yeah, never use them. It's the best.

Edit: oh and don't forget to double check their parameters. Shitbirds up in here making delightful looking edits with 250+ points. Bless the PC mods in which you can edit them (but then the original creator reups the edit and overrides your shit - or you make a duplicate and then it never will get uploaded). 

The best wrestling console game of all time.

Edited by Oyaji
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Shitbirds up in here making delightful looking edits with 250+ points.

I'll never forget downloading a very fine edit of the Bushwackers that for some reason could curb stomp the Road Warriors and Kawada/Taue.

That Bill Burr video was a magnificent re-creation.

The Parts Craft DLC is such a game-changer that it's making me re-do a lot of the main rosters as they're getting made.  And it's made me feel incredibly spoiled by all that's possible now as I find it hard to keep or get any edits that don't have custom parts now.  I can only imaging what will happen once move editor comes in.

Who have been your go-to creators since the DLC?  For PS4 I' stick with its_tdiddy, gazewefcus, Migul Fransisca and just recently checked out KRadiation.

You gotta hit up LarryXDavid with his replacements for all of the default New Japan guys plus additional edits now.  

Like if Larry makes someone those other guys made I go with Larry's.  I'm glad he takes time away from Curb to make new Firepro guys

Edited by Tromatagon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Miguel’s is great. I had a match yesterday that mixed his All Japan edits, with another guys edits. It was what I finally the first time I had a legit 90’s All Japan tag. Everything just fell into the right place, and when I thought the CPU would over tag, I just used dirty tactics to trick the CPU with sticking with the current legal guy. 

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

I just started to get into importing music into the game for wrestlers.  I see for those like Miguel he has the song tied to his edits and the music plays with no issue.  But I do have a general question when dealing with older edits.

If I want to get the theme to play with...um...Batman for example I have the theme and the edit clearly doesn't have the theme assigned to them.  So in order to fix this would I have to create a wrestler using the Batman base and assign the theme that way?  Or is it hopefully something simpler where I just need to rename the song file name to match up with the CAW name.  I hope it's the latter as the former option would sucks.  If I know for sure there's no further updates the maker is going to do then I have no issue with doing this.  But especially with Parts Craft and making changes there's more often than not been updates that tend to be done.  So having to recreate an edit and unsubscribing from the original would suck in that case.  I could ask at Critical Club but prefer not to.  Thanks in advance.

You can ask who made it if they used a custom theme, and then name the theme the same thing they did, and then it'll work.

I say beware with the themes because they use the same space partition the parts (and probably the moves) do.  They're tiny and dont take up much space, but I'm not fucking w/ theme music in order to keep space for the other stuff I use more.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

You can ask who made it if they used a custom theme, and then name the theme the same thing they did, and then it'll work.

I say beware with the themes because they use the same space partition the parts (and probably the moves) do.  They're tiny and dont take up much space, but I'm not fucking w/ theme music in order to keep space for the other stuff I use more.

Yeah, I'll have to keep an eye out.  I'm only going to consider this for a small fractions of these, mainly for the ones I use the most.  But it is nice to at least have these as an option.  If anything I'll be adding more match background music as I can use some variety.

Looks like an improved UI for waza make basically. Good luck. I don't think they can do it but I would love the ability to add counters. Suneed alone has added so many dope false counters. Would be great to actually have them as counters and not offensive moves that take up a slot (I know there's a mod to map multiple moves to the same button combination but that's more for simming). 

Edited by Oyaji
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

KRadiation has been doing a lot of really good custon heads lately. Another guy to check out is itstdiddy. He has been porting over a bunch of Steam edits made by Avenger3 (they're pretty much the consensus pick for best edits on steam). Also I highly reccomend LarryXDavid and Miguel_Francisca. They're all top notch and have done some really cool custom parts for their edits

I spent a chunk of my weekend cleaning up duplicates and getting new edits. I still have a bunch of Joshi edits I need to change the names of.

I also ran an Edge/Orton match for the hell of it. Both edits were from Miguel F and I got a 100% match rating so maybe WWE is on to something ?

AND ANOTHER THING. For all you brave souls talkin' 'bout making all these moves with move craft... Here is what life is like:

Terrifying. I am a Fire Pro enthusiast who loves to tinker. I'm both patient and a nerd. But this is a whole different world. I eagerly yet patiently await the mad mages of move craft to do their thing (unless all of Danshoku Dino's moves not already in the game aren't made!). 

Edit: I should say I wish you all luck and sincerely hope you are able to master it. You're made of sterner things than I am. 

Edited by Oyaji

17 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

KRadiation has been doing a lot of really good custon heads lately. Another guy to check out is itstdiddy. He has been porting over a bunch of Steam edits made by Avenger3 (they're pretty much the consensus pick for best edits on steam). Also I highly reccomend LarryXDavid and Miguel_Francisca. They're all top notch and have done some really cool custom parts for their edits

Funny you mention that as those are the folks I follow as well.  Joselvocero might be good to follow as well as while he mostly does parts he also ports Avengers stuff with his parts in place.  One side effect of the parts is I look at past edits from well-known folks and without parts it feels off to me now.  I feel bad at times replacing their stuff with one that have parts but I guess that's just the way it is.

17 hours ago, Control said:

I really need to start clearing out my duplicates. It's just ... it's just a lot at this point. 

I made the initial mistake of subscribing to a shitton of edits after the parts DLC and clearing out duplicates took longer than I care to admit.  At least with working from home when things are slow I would just hop on and work on that in between calls.  Now if I subscribe I check for duplicates first and unsubscribe before doing so.  While I still need to uninstall in-game it at least helps me see the names in red and makes for a smoother process.

7 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Terrifying. I am a Fire Pro enthusiast who loves to tinker. I'm both patient and a nerd. But this is a whole different world. I eagerly yet patiently await the mad mages of move craft to do their thing (unless all of Danshoku Dino's moves not already in the game aren't made!). 

Edit: I should say I wish you all luck and sincerely hope you are able to master it. You're made of sterner things than I am. 

Looking at the screenshot I feel they need to have a webinar and approach it like calculus or something.  Knowing me my moves would just be various ways to either drop fools on their heads or hit them in the dick.

• Like 1