DVDVR Message Board

FIRE PRO WORLD

Craig H

GET GUD NOOB

Seriously though use the O grapple how is nobody figuring this out

Probably because the translation sucks though.

I KOed the motherfucker with the jumping wheel kick like a boss though

Edited by Tromatagon

Oh I figured it out. I O grappeled the fuck out of him the second time. O grapple for knockdowns. X Grapples to set up the flying wheel kick.

Texas Brutus sold that high kick like a gun shot. My dude.

• Like 1

I'm over halfway in, and the idea that there aren't any branching paths depending on your wins and losses, kinda kills the whole deal. Outside of some wacky dialogue the story went from interesting to bland real quick. And since all I have to do is win, with match ratings being irrelevant, I find myself just squashing these guys as fast as possible so I can get through it. It also doesn't help that the the move set has gotten WORSE as the game has gone on. 

I miss The Shellac.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jaedmc said:

I'm over halfway in, and the idea that there aren't any branching paths depending on your wins and losses, kinda kills the whole deal. Outside of some wacky dialogue the story went from interesting to bland real quick. And since all I have to do is win, with match ratings being irrelevant, I find myself just squashing these guys as fast as possible so I can get through it. It also doesn't help that the the move set has gotten WORSE as the game has gone on. 

I miss The Shellac.

Same here.  I was hoping for branching paths but with that not happening there's absolutely no replay factor for this.  Which is a shame as for a Suda 51 deal I was hoping for lots more.

1 minute ago, christopher.annino said:

I gave up and did the cheat to unlock the stuff. Stardom 2 is out, some kewl fucken moves. 

If I have to do one more empty arena match beating up Brazilian punks I might follow in your footsteps.

• Like 1

I mean I LIKE those kind of weird single player challenges! I used to do the old Bill Wood Maniac Challenges for Fire Pro D. It's just not enjoyable this time around. I appreciate any extra new content but overall this story feels like a serious air-ball. 

2 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Oh wow, they added the V-Trigger/Bicycle knee into the opponent on the ropes. 

Not only are those great additions, they give us the animation/template to make similar moves when move craft comes out. First thing I'd like to see/make is a proper "lariat somebody over the top rope" spot. 

• Like 2

Finished the Suda51 Scenario.

Or, I should say, the credits rolled and it was over and I was confused.

Wish I unlocked Nature Strange and that hoss tag team you fight as The Vanishing. 

Here’s how I’d have revised the Suda51 scenario:

-Once you and Sammy the South win the tag titles, things get erotic fast. Sammy’s like “oh your shoulder looks sore let me rub it partner” and the graphics get all Tom of Finland.

-That sweet scene where you’re cruising in the convertible ends with a terrible car crash. Close up: Sammy’s mangled body on the highway.

-at the hospital, American promoter appears and tells you Sammy is dead and that you’d better flee the country: the cops want you for vehicular manslaughter

-American promoter helps you, delirious from grieving, into the plane, sneaking contraband into your carry on.

-when you land in, let’s say Russia, you’re arrested for smuggling and sent to a maximum security prison in Siberia.

-your uncle kills himself from the shame 

-Evil warden of Siberian prison forces you and other prisoners into death match tournaments

-after becoming prison death match champion, you escape, to discover your uncle’s suicide

-gun to temple, you’re about to pull the trigger when you see an advertisement for American WWWWW wrestling: the new champ is a cyborg reconstructed from Sammy the South’s mangled body

-you fly to America and enter WWWWW under a mask, eventually Beating the champ and overriding his new programming so that you can reunite as the Vanishing

-True love conquers all 

• Like 4

So I picked up a mod for the PC version that allowed me to see how many edit points each edit I have downloaded from the steam workshop has.

I have just over 1400 edits downloaded and the mod still requires going through them one at a time.

After a week or so of picking away at this I had gotten about 1250 of them written down on a spreadsheet.

*dramatic pause*

...I did this as I use Fire Pro each year to sim my march madness bracket.

Welp.

• Like 1

Yup. There are so many simple moves I want to see/make that, frankly, should have been in the game since forever ago. Dives are a big one for sure. Gimme a proper dropkick from the top! Springboard lariat! Stuff like that. I also think corner-to-center moves could be hugely fleshed out, and more apron grapples please (perfect place for Foley's Nestea Plunge for example). 

I have some moderate OCD tendencies when it comes to shit like downloading edits and perfecting them, so when mods and what have you constantly have vanilla edits looking less and less cool, I was constantly having to redo stuff. I decided it would be better just to wait for the end cycle of the game. We are close. I'm heck of interested to see what they have in store for moves and parts editors. Like what kind of limit are we talking about? Will the move editor have an answer to the memory issues the waka maze moves do where you can only have about 100 before you run into issues, for instance? 

41 minutes ago, christopher.annino said:

Yup. There are so many simple moves I want to see/make that, frankly, should have been in the game since forever ago. Dives are a big one for sure. Gimme a proper dropkick from the top! Springboard lariat! Stuff like that. I also think corner-to-center moves could be hugely fleshed out, and more apron grapples please (perfect place for Foley's Nestea Plunge for example). 

Why is the top rope double stomp animation still the safe stiff legged animation from the 80s, when everyone who does a top rope double stomp now does a tuck into an explosive downwards dropkick? And where is the Hammerlock Slam?

• Like 1

Well they did add a second diving double stomp that looks right, at least. Plus the moonsault double stomp looks boss as fuck. It's CRAZY that a lot of the animations haven't changed since the SNES games! I mean, some still look spectacular - I've always loved a Fire Pro brainbuster - but many deserve an update. 

They still don’t have a great proper DDT in the game. Strangely the Moxley inspired double arm DDT is the best version in the game. All the others seem so under animated.

Another thing that needs to be fixed with move craft is the bump you get after you hit a V-Trigger. I don’t usually see guys flying back from those. 

tumblr_omtp4iWyex1s05wxzo1_400.gif

Maybe I could possibly create one that knocks them down like the Rain-Trigger does, and maybe one that spins them around to stagger them in place. Or possibly a strike version that I don’t need to get a running start on. 

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs