DVDVR Message Board

FIRE PRO WORLD

Craig H

Joshi elbow combi is dope!

Plus HANA IS IN. Bea is not but instead we get the wonderful Andras Miyagi (upgrade imo - we have to be getting HEADBANGING APPEAL!).

So final roster: HANA, JUNGLE, Starlight, Hoshiki, Mayu, Momo, Hayashishita, Miyagi, Hazuki, and Kagetsu. It really is amazing how the Stardom dojo continually churns out fantastic wrestlers. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Joshi elbow combi is dope!

Plus HANA IS IN. Bea is not but instead we get the wonderful Andras Miyagi (upgrade imo - we have to be getting HEADBANGING APPEAL!).

That elbow combo is pretty rad. Actually looks rotoscoped, and not just a Frankensteining of different Fire Pro moves. 

This is almost practically the 10 I expected, except Andras. Tam Nakano not getting the 10th spot is the only surprise.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

Been playing this weekend with my son. We do Timed Battle Royals with random participants. We randomly pick numbers 1-8 and whoever we get is whoever we get. IT's lead to some fun matchups.

BUT

something we've discovered is that the Xavier Woods edit we downloaded is fucking UNSTOPPABLE. Finishes EVERYONE. We did two battle royals that he ended up in and he pinned 6 of 7 both times. The last one we did he started in the 1 and 2 spot with Brock Lesnar. 10 minutes later he fucking Critical'd Brock.

He's now the bane of our existence.

You gotta bring in the Donkey Kong that is my random battle royal champ.  

That's like, my top championship.  But it doesn't work right in the timed matches for some reason when coupled with random entrants so it's always the regular ones for me. 

Edited by Tromatagon

Random battle royals are the best part of Fire Pro. Back when I was first getting into FPD, my friends and I would pretty much exclusively run battle royals with criticals being the only way of "rightfully" eliminating opponents. I enjoy that they've improved the targeting system around corpses in the game!

• Like 1

Reinstalled World from scratch with all of the new mods and will be setting this up for the next day or two (weeks). Stardom DLC will be a day 1 purchase even if it is $27 in Canadian Tire money (fuuuuu).

Some of the modders, well mostly one, are openly mocking the dev team by posting gifs of the moves they create that are in the polls saying Spike are lazy/inefficient in that they can churn out moves as a hobby using outdated/halfassed tools while it takes the official team forever to do moves as a job with the better set-up. I don't think the criticism is helpful or all that great but they aren't exactly wrong.

If you are on PC with this game, you really should be following and using Suneed's moves. Guy is a fucking beast, doing a move a day it seems. They look even better than the official moves the majority of the time, so it's not quantity over quality either.

All looks good but I'm telling you right now, I will fight a motherfucker if we don't get Miyagi headbanging.

tenor.gif?itemid=14033749

edit: NEVER MIND IT'S IN! You can see it during her clip on the left. It's not perfect but it'll do!

Edited by Oyaji
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

Those moves are fucking great but yeah, obnoxious behavior for sure and totally unnecessary - especially if we do end up getting a proper move editor. 

That might be the most adorable Fire Pro trailer I've ever seen.  I'm not terribly familiar with Stardom but will still get this tomorrow.

Pretty cool pack, some new non-finishers but not a ton. Hana has a few pretty cool new kicks. Only one costume per wrestler which is kinda lame but there are SO many new parts now, which is great. 

Also, the "load edit wrestler" screen was updated so you can choose by your organizations/feds like the wrestler select screen, instead of one giant list as it has been since launch. 

• Like 1

Separate. Honestly I'd say it's not worth $20 at all, especially when compared to how much came with even just the one main NJPW pack - but I had $60 in free PSN codes from having Sony Rewards so why the hell not? $10-15 would be more reasonable, and it'll surely go on sale soon enough.

3 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

Pretty cool pack, some new non-finishers but not a ton. Hana has a few pretty cool new kicks. Only one costume per wrestler which is kinda lame but there are SO many new parts now, which is great.

Is it possible to add more attire(s) like for created wrestlers/edits?

Not for non-edits. You can always create a new edit based off a default/DLC character and add/change whatever you want. Personally I already have been doing that with all the NJPW wrestlers, both to add new costumes and tweak moves/logic. 

• Thanks 1

It's the meat of the Stardom DLC, what you download after purchase is just a key.

It's pretty good DLC.  I don't watch stardom and kind of lack the capacity to give a shit about promotions I don't already watch now but there's some good move animations and music and the wrestlers have a lot of personality.

As always when I don't play this game for a while, I spent an hour playing with edit (moving people, updating names, etc) before I actually played a match. I with the unsubscribe option were better in the game (at least the edit you subscribe to on the site are marked red when you're uninstalling them in game now).