DVDVR Message Board

FIRE PRO WORLD

Craig H

OK, European PSN Store, Fire Pro World is on sale for the month of July. Game is £19.99, Deluxe Edition (with the season pass) is £29.99. Season Pass alone is £39.99. So even though I own it on disk, I should buy the Digital Deluxe Edition, right?

Also, it looks like the only add-ons available right now are the NJPW Wrestler Pack (£6.49), Fighting Road Jr Heavyweight (£11.99) and Fire Promoter (15.99). Now I know the Takayama charity DLC didn't come out in Europe, but is there something else missing as well?

19 hours ago, AxB said:

Also, it looks like the only add-ons available right now are the NJPW Wrestler Pack (£6.49), Fighting Road Jr Heavyweight (£11.99) and Fire Promoter (15.99). Now I know the Takayama charity DLC didn't come out in Europe, but is there something else missing as well?

That sounds about right. Go get it, dude.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

People over at the Critical Club are talking about DDT being the next DLC after Stardom, but for the life of me I haven't seen any source. That would fucking RULE, but I'm all prepped to be let down and have it not be a thing.

Probably speculation due to DDT being super friendly with Spike and fans/promotors of the game.  They were pretty heavily promoting it before they went and sold out w New Japan and then forgot DDT existed.

Because who needs Super Sasadango Machine and Maki Ito when you have fucking Taichi

Edited by Tromatagon
  • Like 1

Well yeah, me too.  I'd rather have DDT in the game than New Japan in the first place though.  Or like, W*ING  with realistic Victor Quinones mode

"This is Mr. Aguila.  He is my BITCH!"

"Victor Quinones is the ace promoter of the death match world.  He likes monsters and bloodshed.  Whatever you do, don't fall asleep."

"HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Do you know what that means?"

"I am going to need you to make Bart Sawyer look good.  He is also my BITCH!"

Edited by Tromatagon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was looking at some of the mods for this game after not having the time to be anally retentive about them and updating rosters constantly the past 9 months. Some of the moves the modders are producing look better than the official moves. Incredible. I'm confused by the actual mods now because a lot of the info is terse if any description is provided at all for some of them but it seems mostly in the same place it was when I left barring that it looks like they took the time to update the mods for the new version of the game with the NJPW DLC. Carl added some dope features to fire promoter like setting debut dates for edits that will automatically appear in ssves at specific times. He also added a starting year mod so you don't have mass retirements of older promotion's wrestlers and with those two mods you could do a historical run pretty well now. 

But yeah, the moves... 

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/462405309399433217/599983560631517203/SpinDoubleArmSalt.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/fpJjYk9.mp4

And so many more. I may dive back into this soon. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for posting that. I had been out of the loop on the PC version because if I ever played it, I'd play the PS4 version. I may have to fire the PC version back up again.

13 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

Speaking of move edits, a new Tweet from one of the developers says they're working on a move and part editor for the vanilla game. So that's pretty fucking wonderful. 

Thank goodness.  I have used the mods before but once it came out on PS4 I've become a lazy bastard.  Maybe at some point I'll feel bold enough to check them out again but the more they are able to put in the base game the better for me.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Looking at a tweet from the Stardom account, seems like there are only 10 wrestlers included which is criminal.

We know so far:

Mayu, Starlight Kid, Tam, Hoshiki, Momo, Hayashishita, Jungle, Kagetsu... So two more to be revealed. That's really disappointing.

EBXc7gQUIAAt8fg?format=jpg&name=medium

Mayu (who has her wonderful high bridge Dragon Suplex). Hoshiki's Brazilian/question mark kick has been given a unique animation as the Brazilian kick in the game is fine but nothing special. 

$20 is high for that content and only Fire Pro addicts and Stardom fans (mostly the gross guys at their shows, lol) will pay that. They have really made some mind-boggling decisions with this game.

Eh two bucks a wrestler is what we all paid for Takayama (sorry for you foreign weirdos that can't get him) right?

I don't ever really freak out about the prices because I was importing this shit at $100 each for years and I feel like I'm coming out ahead now.

I know who like four of the people are that you mentioned and don't watch Stardom I'm just excited for new content.  I mean, I've seen Mayu live at least.

They could do a GCW Invisible Man produce pack and I'd probably buy that

Edited by Tromatagon

Yeah 10 wrestlers didn’t seem right... Until I saw Jungle Kyona in there. 10 bucks is totally worth it. Now I gotta get my white wife beater, flip flops, and souvenir bag to sit down to play this silently in the dark, only mildly reacting to what’s going on in the video game ring like every red blooded Stardom fan.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Haha 2

Not covered by Season Pass, then?

Also, are the two unannounced Wrestlers inevitably Hana Kimura and Bea Priestley, or is that just the board warping my perception of Stardom?