DVDVR Message Board

FIRE PRO WORLD

Craig H

7 hours ago, username said:

Yeah, I use a Fire Pro game each year to pick my March Madness bracket and having not played my PC version since the summer (i.e. before all the DLC) it is now a monumental pain in the behind figuring out which edits I can DL and use and which I cannot.

March Madness bracket?  I'd love to find out more.  Is it something that's just with yourself or friends?  Or is this based off of somewhere online for me to look up.  If it's just for you then I might have to look into doing one for myself.

It is a regular ESPN group among some of my friends (you know a couple of them if you recall the letters WT at all...). They generally pick, you know, sensible brackets while I know nothing of college basketball so I look at a site that rates the relative strengths of every team in the country, via math convert the numbers on said site to edit point values,  find edits on the steam workshop that have the appropriate number of wrestler edit points and use them in place of the actual teams in a pair of 32 team tournaments.

I almost always lose, but the fun is in trying to defeat actual brackets with madness.

(Sting beat Warrior in the finals this year FWIW)

• Like 1

It is a regular ESPN group among some of my friends (you know a couple of them if you recall the letters WT at all...). They generally pick, you know, sensible brackets while I know nothing of college basketball so I look at a site that rates the relative strengths of every team in the country, via math convert the numbers on said site to edit point values,  find edits on the steam workshop that have the appropriate number of wrestler edit points and use them in place of the actual teams in a pair of 32 team tournaments.

I almost always lose, but the fun is in trying to defeat actual brackets with madness.

(Sting beat Warrior in the finals this year FWIW)

That's a helluva idea.  Not sure if I'm up for converting strengths to point values but I have a ton of edits that are to me balanced quite nicely.  I'll have to give this a shot over the weekend.

• Like 1

I mean I was wishing for something more gameplay based and modular but this is very cool. I assume that there wasn't a rough timeline given. Did they perhaps learn from their mistakes? 

Edit: whoa whoa whoa... Whoa. What's this about Matsumoto saying the final thing they'll do is release a move editor?! And they'll be providing parts and moves for Jay White, Henare, Yujiro, and Shingo. They also added la campana. This is all great. 

Edited by Oyaji

On 3/22/2019 at 1:39 PM, Cliff Hanger said:

Spike Chunsoft have announced that Suda51 will return to his Roots with a new story mode DLC for FPW. Hopefully it involves vehicular homicide and the player char's suicide.

This makes  this wrestler paimrino uploaded make a lot more sense.

10 hours ago, Craig H said:

Suda51 returning to Fire Pro might just cause Giant Bomb to say Fire Pro World is the greatest game of all time.

Jeff will go crazy if the protagonist of the previous game was unsuccessful in killing himself, and became a Tim White of sorts.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just grabbed it. Should be ready to roll by the time I get home. It wasn't there when I first checked but I'm up at 3:30 every morning. I basically get up yesterday to go to work.

I got it from the PS app so all that's left is to let it download and have at it when I get home.  I know it's been on Steam for a bit but not sure if anybody tried it on there yet.  I held off for the PS4 and am hoping it was worth the wait.  As much as I love the Heavyweight Fighting Road I'm hoping the Jr. Heavyweight one is more of a continuous story and not just a "choose your path" type of story.

Edited by NikoBaltimore

A couple of questions, is there a way to create a playable card, like a PPV? I've only downloaded wrestlers, so I haven't explored the moves much, but do they having the burning hammer? I have a Misawa CAW that does the Tiger Driver 91, but whoever did my Kenta either didn't but the Burning Hammer on or I can't figure out how to do it. . . 

2 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

A couple of questions, is there a way to create a playable card, like a PPV? I've only downloaded wrestlers, so I haven't explored the moves much, but do they having the burning hammer? I have a Misawa CAW that does the Tiger Driver 91, but whoever did my Kenta either didn't but the Burning Hammer on or I can't figure out how to do it. . . 

There are a couple of burning hammers in the game.  I'm pretty sure one of them is a corner grapple so he might have chosen that one.

It's really weird how some of the new moves - DLC or default game - look so incredibly smooth and others seem to have a bunch of frames missing. I'm not huge on that inconsistency but it is what it is apparently.