DVDVR Message Board

FIRE PRO WORLD

Craig H

2 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

Try downloading the DLC yet?

It's not up.  It probably is really going up tomorrow, the date they said and then retracted and changed to today.

Spike gonna Spike

The game did download a big (for Firepro) update but still nothing.

Not sure if this changed recently but on the Playstation app I was not only able to buy it but it went through and downloaded.  My wife's at home and saw it go through.  So it might be worth trying again.

It is so fun.  So was Management of Ring but this is in kinda sorta almost English

W*ANG is in the black 8 months in, just got it so I can run tournaments.

Already stole another promotion's belt by loaning them Minoru Suzuki when it said they were having a tournament.  He won their belt and brought it back home.  That shit is mine now

• Haha 1

I got through the first three shows.

Didn't realize how to change my starting 6 guys and ended up a with a so-so roster.

My champion is a douche. All of his moves are foreign object based. I wanted him to lose the first ever title match, and I was playing as him - I fucking critical'd my opponent and was too tired to get him before the ref call'd it. Now I'm stuck with this dickbag and I've decided to just run with it until the company grows and I can add some cooler guys.

I can't remember anyone's name because they're all super generic. I think the champ's name is Mickey. I'll get there eventually.

Did they change how easy it is to get good match scores, cuz I'm crushing 97-100% pretty consistently. Apparently I am King's Road like amotherfucker.

this DLC couldn't come at a worse time. Trying to finally beat Persona 5.

Mickey is the shit. I run a death match fed.  He's getting a slow build push to the top.

I'm sorry you can't defeat THE HELL KNIGHT Jae

I really am

He's basically Mr. Pogo with like two moves switched, come ahhhhnnn

I guess he's my Abdullah the Butcher in All Japan, if Abby was the Triple Crown Champ. So it's growing on me.

Not sure how the promotional style really works. Especially with other companies showing that they have ratios of style. Does that come from the roster preferences?

I kind of like the idea of hiring some Freestyle guys just to mix things up. 

You can actually set the style of each match individually through the match rules.  I figured that's what the percentage is - it isn't styles of guys, because it says 100% hardcore for my group that has technical wrestlers as part of the roster- like other than Mickey, it's me (shitty lucha garbage style) my friends (strong style garbage, mma, lucha) and Suzuki and ZSJ.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ramsey said:

So, explain how to change up the roster. I too am stuck with six guys. Good guys, but awful hard to book a fed with only six native talents.

Maybe if you put masks on them to do another 2-3 matches on each card? Like a Butlins show in England?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ramsey said:

So, explain how to change up the roster. I too am stuck with six guys. Good guys, but awful hard to book a fed with only six native talents.

So at the start of the game you only get 6 guys. The number you can get increases as you grow. But those first three or so shows will basically be different combos of those 6 guys.

When you first make your fed, you'll be taken to a spreadsheet looking screen that shows your promotion and then under it all the other promotions. The first column is their name, then in one cell it'll have a series of numbers. The first number is how many are on the roster, the second is how many free agents available to pick from. Go to your promotions roster cell, and click X. It'll take you to the full list of free agents, and you can check which 6 of those you actually want.

I learned this when my son started a Custom Fed, and picked the New Japan roster. The downside of course being that he only gets 6 of the guys. Everyone else goes into Free Agency.

Also, I learned that you can only offer a contact once a month. Which is probably for the best,, considering how much it costs to get these fuckers to sit at the table. But you can also INVITE guys to your show, which allows you to freshen things up without committing to a contract.

• Like 2

I'm hoping to get some extensive time on this either tonight or tomorrow, but so far I love it.  I went with a deathmatch fed and used a bunch of horror icons I downloaded from Halloween.  I expected doing shows with a barb wire or landmine theme would be a success.  I didn't expect though to have the crowd loving even the regular match cards.  So I guess whoever made these guys made them really fucking well.  The only downside is that due to it being a hardcore fed most folks I seek out don't have interest.  Freddy Kreuger and Dracula in particular always turn me down no matter how much money I throw at them or however many invites I send.  And that's all due to their styles not being hardcore.  But I am nearing about $800K so I must be doing something right.

I really don't want to but I may just start a new file.  Before doing so as much as I hate editing another guy's work I might have to do that to change everybody's style to Hardcore.  Then I'll do what Jaedmc suggested and hopefully that will lead to something truly awesome.  The only thing I wish was added was the option to change the promotion's style.  I don't remember seeing that but much like how ECW could have turned into ROH (Paul said that in interviews) I could see down the line turning this from Hardcore to something different.

I started a King's Road style promotion with a bunch of my own creations and,  right off the bat, the matches were kick ass. Now that I have a bit more insight into how to manage my roster, things may get more interesting.

Edited by Ramsey

2 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

The only thing I wish was added was the option to change the promotion's style.  I don't remember seeing that but much like how ECW could have turned into ROH (Paul said that in interviews) I could see down the line turning this from Hardcore to something different.

It's in there!

Fire up the promoter, and from the home screen go to RECORDS & HELP.

Then click on PROMOTIONS.

It'll take you to a screen that features all the promotions and their stats(popularity, match style ratios, etc). Yours should be the first one on the list. On the far right in your stat box is a button that says "Change Style" click on that and change it to whatever you want.

• Thanks 1

Got both the base game and the Fire Promoter DLC yesterday.  Sent in a refund request just a little while ago.  First sign I made a mistake getting it was the game started in Japanese text.  Once I got that fixed, I went and got a few edits from the workshop, sorted them out.  Then after that, I finally tried the fire promoter mode.  It was fun, but not (all in all) $35 worth, and after I saved last night and came back onto the game today:  It said my save would not work, because of missing wrestlers, belts, or DLC or whatever.   I hadn't touched it once since closing it out last night.

I've tried doing this trick at least 15 times nkw and it doesn't seem to work

James

Edit: OK I got it to work. I had to do the trick with L1/L2 and thne go into the eoster and put guys under contract

James

Edited by J.H.

Man, I'm not starting over shit.  I'm #6 in the world, A rank in the US, and housewives love my towel.  I have a fake Slim Jim sponsorship.  Thick Rick.  You even get the logo on your ring apron.

Chomp into a Thick Rick!  Ahhh yesssss

Edited by Tromatagon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Has anyone run into problems with the inter-promotional show? It won't let me confirm or edit the show. I'm told to confirm the show to proceed but weh I go to do it, the cursor/highlight is stuck on "return." Did I get a hosed save? Am I dumb? How dumb am I?