DVDVR Message Board

FIRE PRO WORLD

Craig H

I can't believe nobody made Dillon Danis. This might mean I have to. Kind of hard to make a guy who's only had one pro fight that lasted 98 seconds, but what's life without challenges?

EDIT: Shit, there's no Demian Maia, even. I was just going to clone him and make the striking worse.

Hi!

So I've played Fire Pro Wrestling World for something like 10,000 hours in my life? I basically play Fire Pro instead of watching TV or Movies and have since before high school. So I'd like to think that making wrestlers is a thing I'm good at, and that I have an amount of knowledge that people could find useful. So, I've started making a Wrassler Makin' guide, and I figured this place might appreciate it.

The short way of explaining it is that this isn't a How To guide as much as it is a Why guide.

• Like 3

Just made two more obscure-ish WCW guys:

Sgt. Craig "Pitbull" Pittman: https://firepro-w.com/item/detail/32684

Ice Train: https://firepro-w.com/item/detail/32685

Any comments are appreciated although I think I have the logic part down pretty good down. I made a Flair edit a few weeks ago and he wrestles pretty close to his mid 90's version which is the one I remember the most.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Control said:

He’s an unstoppable killing machine who won a UWF tournament bybsquashing every one of his opponents in under 6 minutes.

So he's a little overpowered then. I'll tweak him in the near future

I think so, but I know nothing of making wrestlers. One major advantage he seems to have is the critical on the running splash on the downed opponent. He busts that thing out early and often. But he did also reverse everything Akiyama threw at him for the first seven minutes of a match today.

Dude, this hasn't been good. I so wanted it to succeed but it's been pretty much a disaster. One would think with the NJPW collaboration it'd be hard to not be a hit but they done fucked it up so bad that it bombed hard and now we're left with our dingalings in our hand waiting for DLC we paid for.

Heartbreaking way for the series to close out. I get a feeling a kickstarter indie clone would've been better at this stage though we did get edit sharing + mods, so that's cool. But :(

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Dude, this hasn't been good. I so wanted it to succeed but it's been pretty much a disaster. One would think with the NJPW collaboration it'd be hard to not be a hit but they done fucked it up so bad that it bombed hard and now we're left with our dingalings in our hand waiting for DLC we paid for.

Heartbreaking way for the series to close out. I get a feeling a kickstarter indie clone would've been better at this stage though we did get edit sharing + mods, so that's cool. But :(

I am someone who talked a lot of shit about Hello Games and how they completely blew it with No Man's Sky. I thought the radio silence from the head game dev there amounted to taking the money and running even if he was upset by how everything turned out.

And eventually that game turned into something pretty special and Hello Games made good on damn near all of their promises. It took a lot of time and a lot of money, but they did it.

So given the humble pie I had to eat with that, I'm not about to count this thing out even if it doesn't look good at the moment.

At the very least, we have Fire Pro on the PC and PS4.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Craig H said:

I am someone who talked a lot of shit about Hello Games and how they completely blew it with No Man's Sky. I thought the radio silence from the head game dev there amounted to taking the money and running even if he was upset by how everything turned out.

And eventually that game turned into something pretty special and Hello Games made good on damn near all of their promises. It took a lot of time and a lot of money, but they did it.

So given the humble pie I had to eat with that, I'm not about to count this thing out even if it doesn't look good at the moment.

At the very least, we have Fire Pro on the PC and PS4.

My wife can attest to the fact that I said practically the same thing last night.  I never played No Man's Sky but I know a lot of people were initially upset.  The fact that it's improved as much as it has keeps me from giving up a game that may currently have issues.  As long as the developer is not giving up on it and is working to get it done then I'm a patient man.  I'm basically treating it as an investment of sorts and the game as it is still tremendously fun to play.  I don't blame anybody that is going all FML about the DLC though (I wisely held off but will buy the pass once it starts rolling out)

• Like 1

So, I finally bought this when it went on sale. Didn't bother getting it before because I knew Red Dead would take up all my free time. 

After a pretty humbling initiation, I have finally got to grips with the grappling system. It took me a while to nail the timing, so much so that my Mrs was beating the shit out of me- finding it very funny in the process. 

Now I must recreate every single WM2000/No Mercy CAW a bunch of us made of each other back in the day. It will take some time, lots of logic tweaking i have no clue about, but it will be a fun project. 

Also, thanks for the guide posted above, it helped me to understand the editing process a lot more. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Since this thread is pretty long I don't want to go back and look through it, apologies if this is a stupid and or redundant question: Is there anyway to download CAW"S on mass? Like say all the ones from one person, or by federation?

On PS4, I presume? I don't think so, but Steam has collections for which you just subscribe to all. It's pretty sweet.

I think I'm going to wait for all the DLC to drop (if it drops?) and mods to settle down before getting back into this, so I can build the ultimaaaate roster once and for all and set-up mods 'n' shit just one more time instead of over and over again.