DVDVR Message Board

FIRE PRO WORLD

Craig H

My copy shipped from Amazon UK just before noon today. It's still not listed on the UK PSN store. What the fuck? Does this mean DLCs won't be available in Europe?

EDIT: It's here! And on the PSN trophies site, I'll be in the top 10 first achievers for the base trophies forever!

The 100% in singles matches can be a real bitch, especially the last one on mission mode, driving me insane. Your opponent kinda sucks, makes it harder, and if you accidentally Critical him it's most likely wasted time. I got 99% once and was super bummed. Got through it on PC, don't know why I'm having such a problem now.

This afternoon, @PetrolCB saw I was playing Fire Pro, so he messaged me on PSN. He said "I hope you've made Roman Reigns". But you can't make Roman Reigns in this game, there's only two slots for running strikes. 

• Haha 1

There was no manual with my copy. How do you actually download other people's edits?

Took me a while to figure out how to face lock or drag an opponent across the ring. I found breathe pretty quick though. The matches in career mode are mostly pretty easy, are they there to teach you to sell and make matches more entertaining by virtue of their non-squash nature? Because that's counter intuitive to how most games work. Why don't they have a lose in fifteen minutes challenge, if they're going that way?

I believe after they initially download, each time you start the game, it'll just check for updates rather than download the files all over again.

The already small community has experienced a schism with modders sticking to 1.02 and everybody else using the current NJPW update on PC. All a bit melodramatic for me, but it's possible to rock both versions on PC (or you could just use the PS4 version for NJPW+DLC and the PC version for mods as another option). 

9 hours ago, Oyaji said:

I believe after they initially download, each time you start the game, it'll just check for updates rather than download the files all over again.

The already small community has experienced a schism with modders sticking to 1.02 and everybody else using the current NJPW update on PC. All a bit melodramatic for me, but it's possible to rock both versions on PC (or you could just use the PS4 version for NJPW+DLC and the PC version for mods as another option). 

That's pretty much what I'll be doing.  I'm going to play offline on PC for mods (whenever I get around to it) but just stick with PS4.  The board's become a toxic place but as long as I stick with the creativity forum I'm good.

And I can't wait to try Lord Worm's World Class pack.  They all look so damn good and I can't wait to see how the matches play out.

How long does it take to complete Victory Path? Because I feel like I've been playing it for hours and hours, but I've only completed like 8% of it. And do you have to finish the whole thing to unlock the ability to go back and succeed in missions you failed the first time?

Also, how to clone (or delete) edits? Sorry for asking so many questions. No manual.

Simmed a pretty good Zach Sabre jr vs Kazushi Sakuraba match while I was making lunch. Wanted to see what Orienteering with Napalm Death looked like, but Saku destroyed him. 

Any opinions on Ichi3914's edits? Because he's got loads of them... lots of MMA, lots of Boxers, a few World of Sport guys, and some FPWR remakes. But making 123 edits makes me think he might be just cloning a generic base character or two, customising appearance and signature/finishers, and not bothering with logic or stats. Spamming, basically.

13 hours ago, AxB said:

Any opinions on Ichi3914's edits? Because he's got loads of them... lots of MMA, lots of Boxers, a few World of Sport guys, and some FPWR remakes. But making 123 edits makes me think he might be just cloning a generic base character or two, customising appearance and signature/finishers, and not bothering with logic or stats. Spamming, basically.

I'm not one for simming but I went on a downloading spree with his boxing and MMA edits.  So far they're pretty good.  For example I paired Bruce Lee (not his) against his Aleister Overerrm and after that Anthony Pettis.  They're definitely not clones and work really good.  In other words I'd say so far they're worth getting.

And I definitely get the hesitation when somebody has that many edits.  But I've seen guys like Meikeru(sp?) churn out a ton of edits and while they might not be perfect they work out pretty good.  Some folks just know the editor well enough to make them that fast I guess.

Am I misreading or is there something wrong with porting the CAWs from PC?  Did PS4 change something up?  Or is it just a comment on how they're able to get CAWs up so fast?

I'd love to work on making some but between work, home life and other games (Overwatch, FFXIV, Spider-Man, and WWE 2K19 starting tonight) I just don't have the time to do it.  Although I *am* considering trying to make Titan from FFXIV as a giant worldbeater.

10 minutes ago, Michael Sweetser said:

Am I misreading or is there something wrong with porting the CAWs from PC?  Did PS4 change something up?  Or is it just a comment on how they're able to get CAWs up so fast?

I'd love to work on making some but between work, home life and other games (Overwatch, FFXIV, Spider-Man, and WWE 2K19 starting tonight) I just don't have the time to do it.  Although I *am* considering trying to make Titan from FFXIV as a giant worldbeater.

There's no tool that ports over PC to PS4 or vice versa.  Since the edit tool is the same I guess they're able to just do a side-by-side look and get the edits ports over.  What's wrong about it is that Spike initially said they were trying to find a way to make the connection between both systems happen but nothing came of it.

27 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

There's no tool that ports over PC to PS4 or vice versa.  Since the edit tool is the same I guess they're able to just do a side-by-side look and get the edits ports over.  What's wrong about it is that Spike initially said they were trying to find a way to make the connection between both systems happen but nothing came of it.

I'm not really surprised they weren't able to; Sony seems very against the idea of cross-platform connectivity of any kind unless they're basically strong-armed into it, and Spike Chunsoft isn't nearly big enough of a company, nor Fire Pro nearly big enough of a license, to force their hand.  Considering multiplayer is also involved, they probably don't want to deal with the possibility of hacking from an open PC platform infecting the closed PS4 platform either.  It's a can of worms they're better off not opening.

• Like 1