DVDVR Message Board

FIRE PRO WORLD

Craig H

53 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Classically, it's been hold X and spam rollover the D-pad to kick out.  I think getting out of subs/to the ropes is spam X + direction.

Can confirm. Just won a 40-minute singles as Shibata against Okada thanks to this tip. 100% rating on level 8 difficulty. Should have made it for the vacant IWGP title, but oh well.

1 hour ago, Raziel said:

Classically, it's been hold X and spam rollover the D-pad to kick out.  I think getting out of subs/to the ropes is spam X + direction.

Getting to the ropes is one of the shoulder buttons (I forget which, but know it through muscle memory) and then rotating one of the sticks (again, muscle memory). I don't even bother trying to power out of submissions because it feels more real natural to try to get to the ropes. Well, unless I'm in a submission where you can't get to the ropes.

BTW, dammit already, they really need to patch the game so matches stop ending with a stupid ass headlock.

7 hours ago, Control said:

I hope we’re all agreed that Karts Rowdy is the best SWA name available.

I do wish they made his pants as shiny as possible so it could unquestionably be pleather, early 2000s indie pants he's rockin'.

• Like 2

Is it possible to close an existing wrestler's stats like, say, Toru Yano so you can take some of the grunt work out of creating a character? Asking for a friend, and by "a friend" I mean "me."

15 hours ago, Oyaji said:

I do wish they made his pants as shiny as possible so it could unquestionably be pleather, early 2000s indie pants he's rockin'.

I heard Fire Pro Wrestling World 2 is gonna have a slap-the-thigh button and you know that pleather's gonna make a difference.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, John E. Dynamite said:

I heard Fire Pro Wrestling World 2 is gonna have a slap-the-thigh button and you know that pleather's gonna make a difference.

But when will they let me blow spots so I can finally have my 100% accurate Ric Blade edit?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pete said:

Is it possible to close an existing wrestler's stats like, say, Toru Yano so you can take some of the grunt work out of creating a character? Asking for a friend, and by "a friend" I mean "me."

You can. Under Wrestler Edit, select Create New Edit and then Model Wrestler.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

One thing I always liked about the Aki engine is that there was a cool way to engineer dramatic kickouts from finishers I think by tapping the analog stick.

Indeed. Among my friends, hitting the analogue button got you fucking slapped in the face. We were competitive.

• Haha 1

Gah it is so hard to find a decent Andre The Giant on PS4. I specifically want heel Andre and the ones I've looked at all either aren't the right look or have fucked up movesets (one had a Tombstone Piledriver as his finisher - WTF?). Guess I'll have to make one myself. 

Really disappointed by some of the script in Fighting Road. I lose on purpose when I feel like I should as a young guy. In SWA I got the shit beat out of me in the second round of the tourney, so I didn't fight for the title. Their was a script that said me and Steele Johnson would be wrestling for the tag titles on what would be my last show. 

But then it went into a script where Steele was super nervous for me fighting for the Heavyweight Title and my character was like "Hey it's not like you're wrestling in the match, I AM". And then Tanahashi called to tell me good luck in my fight for the Heavy Weight Title, which I wasn't wrestling for.

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

That was only in WCW/nWo Revenge. 

Correct. We used to play world war 3 matches forever, and the best part would be when someone would get eliminated and they'd come in as the next entrant. There's nothing funnier than watching someone playing as someone cool like Sting and then watch them have to play as Lodi or Sick Boy.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

Gah it is so hard to find a decent Andre The Giant on PS4. I specifically want heel Andre and the ones I've looked at all either aren't the right look or have fucked up movesets (one had a Tombstone Piledriver as his finisher - WTF?). Guess I'll have to make one myself. 

He used to do the tombstone in Japan so it's not completely out of left field.