DVDVR Message Board

FIRE PRO WORLD

Craig H

Game just showed up and I played a few matches. Got the NEVER title on Ishii and the tag titles on Nagata and SSM on the 4 rating. Upped it to 7 and got beaten up by the competition. Will return to it later and gradually increase from 5.

58 minutes ago, A Guy Named Tracy said:

How do I increase my match rating? I’m about 2/3rds through mission mode, and the best rating I’ve ever received thus far is 85%.  Most matches end in the 70s.  I know there are 90% and 100% requirements coming up. 

You basically need to work a good back and forth match. Try to extend it as long as possible, avoid repetition of moves, if you make a pin try to release the pin as close to 2.9 as possible, hit finishers, etc.

46 minutes ago, christopher.annino said:

Unless I missed it being mentioned here, the Takayama DLC is available now

I really hope everybody gets that.  Anything to help him would be wonderful.

EDIT:  Just got mine from the Playstation app so that'll be waiting for me when I get home.

Absolutely and I would imagine everybody here will do it. It's actually the first time I've made a purchase for under $5 since the PlayStation Store removed that stupid requirement for a minimum amount of money in your wallet. 

First guy I made was Vader, although I'll admit it was an easy start since there's a virtual clone of him I'm default.

Playing more, I'm actually kinda weirded out by some of the NJPW roster. Their faces and heads look a little too real and it clashes with the rest of the game.

Found pretty good CAWS for Tenryu, Steve Williams, Zeus, and Shuji Ishikawa. Admittedly have not tested them against others. The one Miyahara mod I found was just Tanahashi with capture suplexes added, though the look was right.

On 8/31/2018 at 5:09 PM, Control said:

So, looking through the CAWS out there, I guess everyone’s first impulse is to make Keiji Muto.

More likely a lot of them are people re-posting someone else's Keiji Muto trying to pass it off as their own work

• Haha 1

I enjoy that you can tweak and re-upload stuff but yeah... I wonder how many of the 2 million and counting uploads on Steam's workshop are just simple re-ups with nothing adjusted and no credit given.

P.S. Lord Worm is back on the internet after being banned from it for getting busted buying weed through the webz. His appearances are some of the best I've ever seen. He's on PS4, so definitely look his work up. Fignuts is transferring DJKM's stuff over with better appearances and other minor tweaks. Impressive stuff.

This is gonna sound silly from someone who's had the game on 2 different systems since launch for both...

How the fuck do I get to the IWGP belts?  I go to title view and they're not there, is there something I'm missing?

On 3/3/2018 at 6:39 PM, Cliff Hanger said:

I finally beat that cage dive mission, my new bete noir is the three-way match (I hate non-elimination 3-ways in basically every game since the dawn of time).

My laziness is hurting my fun with this game; playing matches is every bit as much fun as it was 20 years ago when I first downloaded X Premium but I find myself totally unwilling to do the digging thru FPA and other message boards to find good edits the way I did for Returns.  Hopefully the NJPW expansion will kick me in the ass to put more effort into it.

PC version doesn't have NJPW stuff yet . but finding guys is a lot easier on PC

I know people were asking and I don't think it was answered, but I discovered it last night;  If you use the cheat code to compete mission mode and unlock the gated edit points and moves,  it doesn't pop those trophys at all, so you still have to clear them to get the trophy.  But since you can replay the missions, you can go back and clear them at your own lesure.

@Tromatagon

So I've been downloading a lot of random people's random original wrestlers and shifting through them to find good ones, and it's exposed me to the reality of a bunch of people who are playing this game without really thinking things through. Millions of Kamigoyes, dozens of finisher-only movesets, no one taking advantage of the priority attacks, et cetera.

I downloaded your wrestler last night and ran a match between yours and mine, and five minutes in your dude went for a pinfall directly after a low blow, and I almost fucking cried with joy and relief.

I may have a lot of stupid finishers in my moveset for when I actually play (mostly to go head droppy on piles of chairs) but goddamn I'll program the logic for dick kicks and the Sharp Hand Joe.

Still gotta update to use the 9 million priority slots we now have.  I only use three right now.