DVDVR Message Board

FIRE PRO WORLD

Craig H

I thought my laptop was running Firepro well.

The PS4 one is so much smoother my grapple timing is off.

Only got to play one match.  MiSu needs to do some cardio.

I thought I went crazy with edits and I only hit like 700-800 on PC.  I think I'm good with 1000.

• Like 2

It made some strides once 2k basically stripped everything away and focused on gameplay but even then it was still a buggy mess. Now they are focusing on bells and whistles instead of gameplay. 2k18 was a god damned mess. 

I hope this being on console means my one set of friends will finally give it a shot. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

It made some strides once 2k basically stripped everything away and focused on gameplay but even then it was still a buggy mess. Now they are focusing on bells and whistles instead of gameplay. 2k18 was a god damned mess. 

I hope this being on console means my one set of friends will finally give it a shot. 

I kind of feel like Yuke's and Visual Concepts just take the same flawed garbage and just make it more overwrought. They never fix the game. They just keep adding things that make it more complicated and more overwrought. I think there was a point where the Smackdown vs. Raw series had finally achieved some decency, and then it just veered off the deep end. I recall the rope break system, I think it was in either SvR 05 or 06 that actually worked really well. Submission rope breaks have never worked quite as well since those games IMO. 

I recall when it first went to WWE 2K, the character models were embarrassing. Like we just switched to the new console generation, and the models looked worse than TNA's crappy Impact game and the 2005 Wrestle Kingdom game.

Oh this looks so nice on a big screen finally (had used a laptop for PC version). Fucked around and played matches with NJPW guys, already a total breeze at level 4 CPU opponents. This is awesome, I am happy.

• Like 2

I like playing missions and trying to get a good match while doing the goal. I love that there's a match rating system that has a purpose. I don't play online much, but I might actually do some stuff with this game. Wrestle some people trying to have good matches sounds fun. Not sure if it is in practice.

I miss the Fire Pro Returns music tho. 

The prospect of testing my edits out on other humans online is appealing.

Yeah, I'm falling down a well with this game.

• Like 2

My copy arrived from Amazon.

No almanac.

Fuckers.

I put in my fucking preorder as soon as it became available. Whatever. It would just be more clutter or junk. Looking forward to playing this tonight.

10 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

I like playing missions and trying to get a good match while doing the goal. I love that there's a match rating system that has a purpose.

I already know I'm gonna drive myself insane trying to get 100% ratings in every mission match. 

24 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Tonight?

I called them about the almanac and told them i was furious. They are letting me keep my copy and sending me a second copy of the game to fix the issue.  My friend works at gamestop and has the almanac it's like an instruction booklet for the game.  It's still pretty cool to have but no clue how it's limited.  Overall the game is incredible.

20 minutes ago, christopher.annino said:

I already know I'm gonna drive myself insane trying to get 100% ratings in every mission match. 

that's crazy. To get an S ranking you just have to get above 70% and I'm good with that. So far my best match ranking from the missions was like an 82%. It's the win by Ring Out where you play the lucha guy against the sumo wrestler. It was a lot of fun because I just let the Sumo guy beat the fuck out of me, then I turned it up and started hitting the dives and shit.

The Mission mode is a great way to get you to fall in love with the SWA characters. I only played with the New Japan guys once, in my first match when I used Tanahashi. Since then it's been the wacky SWA dudes.

ALLEN HAWKINS is the most misleading name/appearance. Whatever you think an Allen Hawkins would look like...it's not that. Not at all. 

• Like 1

Protip for downloading edits:

Look up the Japanese characters for who you're looking for and paste it in.  Right now, the edits will be WAY better.

Don't worry you can change their names later by cloning the edit and then deleting the japanese one

I can tell how far you guys got in mission mode because you're saying you like it and not FUCK THE CAGE DIVE MISSION

Don't worry I tell you how to beat it earlier in the thread.  Listen to me.  Don't listen to your heart or to other people.  Just me.  Unless I am in your heart.

• Like 1

Yeah, it wasn't impossible.  It was hard, but not impossible.  I beat it before they modified the down time of wrestlers.  All you had to do was do the corner splash and start climbing as the guy was staggering out of the corner.  After beating the fucking shit out of him.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

My copy arrived from Amazon.

No almanac.

Fuckers.

I put in my fucking preorder as soon as it became available. Whatever. It would just be more clutter or junk. Looking forward to playing this tonight.

It’s not a separate book like I expected. It’s the same size as the instruction manual and should be inside your game case. 

18 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

Yeah, it wasn't impossible.  It was hard, but not impossible.  I beat it before they modified the down time of wrestlers.  All you had to do was do the corner splash and start climbing as the guy was staggering out of the corner.  After beating the fucking shit out of him.

I hit a cage dive ONCE in all the years and various incarnations I had of Returns... Lost the match too.

That's the official site that literally downloads the characters for you to put into your game when you hit subscribe (BUT if you're already in the game when you do it you have to exit the game and go back in for downloads to trigger - they load up at every START of the game.  This is also how it updates guys that have new work done on them).  No other site will do this, so I don't think anyone is going to try and do a CAWS.ws style site for Firepro characters.

Some of the firepro community sites have people that post their stuff, but I always just searched for guys I wanted and tried stuff out myself instead of going by what other people said were "good edits" because man, that shit is subjective as fuck.  Eventually from downloading stuff you get to know people and it's possible to see what each user uploads on their own page on the official site, so if you like one someone does, you'll probably like them all.

• Like 1