DVDVR Message Board

FIRE PRO WORLD

Craig H

If I were in a rush I would've just said fuck the neat looking NJPW program that came with it and gone digital because I have never gotten a preordered game from Amazon Canada on release date. 

Ring parts you then have to include in a new ring you create yourself. So afaik, you don't actually download rings themselves, just the parts. 

And referees if it's like the steam version. 

Lol, if they had released the PS4 game alongside the PC, Sony could probably have sold me a PS4.

That window has closed.  The game hasn't grabbed me like Fire Pro Returns did.  I like the PC version well enough, but I hardly played FPR.  I enjoyed creating real-life edits and doing some simming.  I was never a fast edit maker, but I managed to create quite a few over the course of a decade or so.  I just can't imagine spending that sort of time on World.

I ordered mine through Best Buy since I have the Gamer Club deal.  I saved $10 and ended up paying $10 to ensure I get it on release date so it evened out.  And with the text alerts they'll let me know when it's delivered (thankfully it shipped)  I know that sounds like I'm veering into an advertisement but so far they've done good by me.  All goes well I'll have it by the time I get home from work so I'm looking forward to that.

And I was at first going to do the deluxe version but figured it's best to just get the regular version.  Who knows when the DLC will come out but I can always purchase that at a later time.  But I am hoping they get other companies involved as that would be very awesome to have in the game.

I like the addition of the New Japan roster because of the potential new audience finding the game but honestly if they just kept adding the occasional patch with new moves and edit parts I would be absolutely content with that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, D.Z said:

I've read the FirePro world interview written for Tokyo Sports...they want to add more story and might collaborate with other feds to put in the game. If I'm translating it right.

They've been saying the other feds thing as one line throwaways in interviews or on the streams for a while so that's probably an accurate translation.

Like I told Masked Republic to contact them and they decided to try and make their own game instead

Good luck with that

I think I read the save corruption comes when the game has over 200 edits in a save. So be careful if you plan on going on an edit download spree. Unless of course they have a patch for that. 

Pretty excited. I haven't played Fire Pro intensely since my son deleted my Fire Pro Returns save. It just took my heart out of it seeing hours of edits and AI logic testing disappear. 

So fresh start. Trying to think of who I want to be my first edit. For some reason the first three to come to mind are Lionheart era Jericho, Bob Backlund and Greg Valentine. 

57 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

So fresh start. Trying to think of who I want to be my first edit. For some reason the first three to come to mind are Lionheart era Jericho, Bob Backlund and Greg Valentine. 

Weren’t those three on that WAR tour in Jericho’s first book, with Backlund quizzing “Christopher” on new words he’s learned from his new speak and say?

1.45gb day one patch. I think it's supposed to fix the save corruption issue. 1000 edit limit for wrestlers, 30 refs, 100 ring textures. I am glad the pc version will be my go to. They proposed to raise those limits however. 

My stupidly expensive pc is not working and I'm going to have to take it in because it's not even turning on after I replaced the motherboard. I'll be relying on my ps4 for fipro/general gaming/Netflix. Life is hard. 

PS happy (ps4) Fire Pro Day, people! 

I'm definitely hoping those edit limits get bumped up. Honestly if they'd had it be like 2000 on day one I don't think a soul would be complaining - but with 1000, if you're just interested in something like Phil Parent's Anthology, that's gonna eat up all your space. Personally, I'll be just fine with 1k for a LONG while, but when PC's got unlimited edits, it's far less impressive.

I'm sitting at work eagerly awaiting the time I get out to play this.  Right now I'm pondering which faction I'm going to side with in story mode.  I'm back and forth between LIJ and Suzuki Gun and likely won't know for sure until I have to choose.

When doing story mode which faction are you folks choosing?

1,000 sounds like more than enough. How many edits are even going to be out there for the PS4 right now? It can't be that many. Over time there's going to be plenty more and maybe then you bump up that number, but even then...how is anyone even going to use that many edits? 

I'm a Sam Blocks guy myself. Just dominated a batte royal with him. I keep yelling BLOCKADE when I hit his finish, and it's driving my son crazy. I imagine he comes to the ring on a Harley and he used to be a bounty hunter. 

Also I originally thought it was Mr. Kobra. but now it's Mr. Cobra. Which makes him so much better. 

My wife said goodbye to me this morning and it felt like she knew she was not going to see me for a long while.

• Haha 3