DVDVR Message Board

FIRE PRO WORLD

Craig H

Sometime late in August I think? They had it up for preorder on Amazon but it was since taken down for whatever reason.

Headlocks and hip tosses look choice. More importantly, WALTER can now be more realistically created.

2 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Sometime late in August I think? They had it up for preorder on Amazon but it was since taken down for whatever reason.

Headlocks and hip tosses look choice. More importantly, WALTER can now be more realistically created.

I can wait, but I figured it was going to be closer to a spring/summer release :( 

On 4/27/2018 at 4:54 PM, Oyaji said:

It's back up. August 28th release date. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looks like a story mode trailer for Ace!

But my bigger takeaway is HOLY SHIT HOW DO I GET THOSE NJPW M.U.S.C.L.E. FIGURES?!

I didn't even know that was still a thing.

Oh man I have so much to tell you about.

You get those M.U.S.C.L.E. figures if you buy the import only special edition of the game.  They're selling it on Play Asia but there's no way to pick a shirt size for the shirt.  It's 89.95.  You also get a New Japan roster in the style of the Nippon Sports Mook, and a LIJ x Firepro  towel and T-shirt 

They're more like Kinkeshi, which is what became M.U.S.C.L.E. figures here.  They're actually erasers in Japan instead of hard plastic, so they're not exactly like MUSCLE but they're the line that started it.

MUSCLE is very much a thing still, but they don't have the Kinnikuman license so they're using different IP to make the figures, including the Legends of Lucha Libre line I covered extensively on the last Masks Mats and Mayhem (the Paul London episode, it's right after Paul leaves), doing an unboxing on the show.  They're doing WWE ones later this year.  They've also done He-Man, Street Fighter, Alien, Mega Man, Iron Maiden, Robotech and their own line of characters called THE WORST.  I might be leaving out something.

Here's a link to some of the MUSCLE goodness:

https://super7.com/collections/m-u-s-c-l-e

• Thanks 1

DLC is usually region specific.  Not sure how the language stuff is going to be set up - PC lets you pick your language, but PS4 might not.

Really the only reason to go with the Japanese version is if you want that limited edition stuff and you think that it's worth $90 just for that stuff.

20 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

DLC is usually region specific.  Not sure how the language stuff is going to be set up - PC lets you pick your language, but PS4 might not.

Really the only reason to go with the Japanese version is if you want that limited edition stuff and you think that it's worth $90 just for that stuff.

If I'm paying $90 for a game plus other goodies I would like to be able to play the game and the DLC.  As much as I want all that I don't know if I can justify paying just for the extras.  You're right in that I might be able to choose the language, but if DLC is region specific then I'll sadly have to pass on it.  Unless I can somehow get a Japanese PSN setup on there which I don't feel is worth it.

But if you happen to come across somebody selling just the extras I'd be happy to purchase that (though with my luck it'll be $90 or more just for that)

On the PC front I just recently got back into the mods and it feel so, so right playing in Arena de Coliseo with the CMLL arena elements.  It's been a couple months and it's astounding what new stuff Carlzilla put into this.  Then there's the moves packs which I'm tempted to try out.

I'm not sure what is going to be DLC on the PS4 version - a lot of what is going to be DLC for the PC version is included in the price.  There's always a chance of future DLC though and I hope it's something that continues to happen, so I want to play it safe for sure.

Nick you gotta check out the Royal Rumble mod.  I haven't tried it yet but you can do like 200 man royal rumbles.  It's like the N64 games used to be with the ring filling up with 8 guys and then if someone gets eliminated someone will come in to replace them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

Nick you gotta check out the Royal Rumble mod.  I haven't tried it yet but you can do like 200 man royal rumbles.  It's like the N64 games used to be with the ring filling up with 8 guys and then if someone gets eliminated someone will come in to replace them.

Oh, I'm definitely going to do that.  I don't do too many mods at once because it can slow down gameplay (though upping game speed helps that)  Right now I'm sticking with the ones I'm using and just having glorious bloodbaths.  The option to go full Muta (had to check a box in mods) and have the blood stay there is a wonderful sight to behold.  But I'll definitely get to the Rumble mod soon.

13 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

Is it like the Aki games where you can play as a new entrant if you get eliminated, or would you have to go through all 200 people yourself without being eliminated?

14 hours ago, username said:

Is it like the Aki games where you can play as a new entrant if you get eliminated, or would you have to go through all 200 people yourself without being eliminated?

Checking the FPWArena forum it doesn't appear it's possible.  I know somebody was asking about it being a thing but it depends on if Carlzilla wants to mess with that.  Now this is from what I read a couple days ago so that might have changed for all I know.

• Like 1

Awesome. But not as awesome as Director Matsumoto doing the Naito appeal.

I haven't been playing since I'm going to have to redownload all the edits once the NJPW content is released, but I've been following the mod scene and they're now making custom parts. It's as glorious as you would imagine. Now you can have perfect mid 40s S&M guys beating you up!

demoltion.png

• Like 1

I preordered the PS4 version. I don’t watch NJPW so I’m hoping I can get AJPW edits and whatnot at some point.

ive actually been playing Returns lately and I’m surprised that there aren’t better online guides to match maker (or that I can’t find good ones).