DVDVR Message Board

FIRE PRO WORLD

Craig H

It was originally announced for February and when it was delayed they let us know, so if there's another delay we'll know soon enough. I'm not in a rush. The save data editor will likely not be updated for future patches, so it gives me more time to mess around with that and setting up rosters.

I'm finally getting around to seriously filling out rosters and playing around with Carl's tools for entrance attire and theme songs. Having WALTER come out to a half decent approximation of his coat to Dvorak's no. 9 before chopping the shit out of David Starr is just unreal. I just finished an incredible tag match of RINGKAMPF vs. Massive Product and it went 35 minutes without dragging and had some fantastic moments like Starr going ham on both WALTER & Thatcher only to end up getting the snap tiger driver (I KEPT LOOKING FOR PYRAMID DRIVER and they renamed it fuckin' "DOUBLE ARM WHIP"?!~~~) and passing out to the Gojira Clutch. The edit makers seem to have improved over time but I'll still probably clone guys I'm too anally retentive about just to make fine tuning touches and take advantage of some of FPA crew's created moves.

Right now, I'm just filling in holes but Otaku's WWE roster is so great, Spunk/LocustStar's New Japan heavyweights are the best, Desertpunk's got All Japan on lock down as well as a whole host of indie stars from Japan and elsewhere, ahep did a really nice job on CMLL's roster, and I'm finding some random good shit like a Japanese user uploaded a near flawless David Starr. It won't take long to really fill out rosters now compared to a few months after the game dropped. I expected a strong community but the workshop surpasses my high expectations. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Right now, I'm just filling in holes but Otaku's WWE roster is so great, Spunk/LocustStar's New Japan heavyweights are the best, Desertpunk's got All Japan on lock down as well as a whole host of indie stars from Japan and elsewhere, ahep did a really nice job on CMLL's roster, and I'm finding some random good shit like a Japanese user uploaded a near flawless David Starr. It won't take long to really fill out rosters now compared to a few months after the game dropped. I expected a strong community but the workshop surpasses my high expectations. 

Thank you for naming a few good creators. Like I said, my biggest hurdle to getting into this game has been being too lazy to hunt for the best edits.

No problem. It can be a little overwhelming at first but the collections feature on the workshop helps. It would be nice if Fire Pro Arena had a folder for fictional edits and one for real life edits. I mean, I created my own promotion along with my friends back in the D era so I totally get the process but believing others would be interested seems weird to me. 

Spike is doing a company-wide twitch stream Friday and announcing 4 new games. They said if there's any big fire pro news they'd deliver it then. Seems like they've got that sweet Danganronpa fuck money going now in full force. 

Well, the easiest would be to subscribe to a collection, start up the game, create a promotion or two that your downloaded edits fit into along with at least one stable per promotion (so babyfaces/heels for example) and then transfer them from the retired section to said promotional stable. Doesn't take long now that they have the mass transfer option enabled. Before you'd have to swap them one at a time and it was awful.

That has all the DLC too. It's higher than I thought but IIRC they said it would be pretty close to a full priced game, so I shouldn't be surprised. I'll pick up a copy and probably never play it.

Both are from modded move pack. I don't think they've been released yet. A lot of them don't look all that great with missing or sloppy animations but some are perfection like the above. It's early days so they're just figuring it all out. 

This works out perfectly for me, because my plan was to get it on PS4 and use the PS4 version for Fire Promoter stuff so I don't have to worry about my PC save of edits I made getting messy with the debris of other people's packs. Fingers crossed that the edits in the workshop will just work with the PS4 version! cuz otherwise it's probably dead in the water!

Yeah, that's probably a huge breaking point for the long term success of the ps4 version and would certainly help sell more games in the short term too. I mean, hardly anybody plays PC games in Japan to begin with and the NJPW licence is a big deal, so the thing will do really well in Japan regardless but man would it suck for long time Fire Pro players that can't play on PC if they don't figure out a way of sharing edits. Something like a qr code if possible as a worst case scenario would be nice. 

I like the look of the Togi Makabe inspired menu even if the layout is exactly the same. Okay, there is story mode on the list. 

Finally figured out how to delete my save file and started in on what I hope will be my final roster organization.  Started with Otaku's current WWE rosters and trying to fill in everything as I go - themes, entrance attire, tag team names, etc.  It's kind of taking forever, but every roster I've tried doing so far has ended up a massive mess so hoping this will be worth it.  

Wowza. Spike requested that Carl shut down the modded moves operation until they are finished adding moves to the game. He, of course, listened and released their last pack for the time being with 59 moves including a PROPER SAMOAN DROP! Game is complete, shut it down.

giphy.gif

• 4 weeks later...