DVDVR Message Board

FIRE PRO WORLD

Craig H

So I wanna do a 64 man 4 Block League Tourny with 2 finalists a block (leaving an 8 man tourny for the finals) to decide my Grand Champion.  Do I do it now, or hold off until the NJPW Roster releases so I don't risk having to redo the title?

Finally started playing this in earnest and holy shit the RKO outta nowhere is ridiculously fun to drop on people. Been having Randy spam it like Naka used to spam knees and clearing dudes out in like three to four minutes because he'll rattle one off and even if it doesn't finish, it throws them enough for following ones to do it.

Which is to say, playing as game Orton is a thousand times more satisfying than real life Orton has been to me since like 2006 or so.

• Like 2

I don't really enjoy playing games on the PC.  I've been kinda waiting for the PS4 version before I dive too far into the game.

That said, I'm going to miss the PC customization.  Some of the mods available on FPArena are nuts.  After seeing a clip in the "Mark Out Moments" thread, I started messing around with move mods.  Lol, you can mod most any move to send the opponent out of the ring.  LOL, killing guys with corner-to-center moves is now ridiculously fun.  Your opponent goes pinballing from the center of the ring to the opposite corner, hits the turnbuckle..... and keeps on going!  Fairly average moves end up looking murderous with the mod.  

Here's what I'm talking about (sorry, can't figure out how to embed Twitch).

https://clips.twitch.tv/AthleticSmilingRuffBIRB

Game's going to feel so bare bones without mods.  I have a feeling I'm going to have to figure out to get the PC game onto my rec room TV (stream it from PC to tv, I assume?) and play the PC version.

Pick up a Steam Link next time it's on sale, if you can. I grabbed one for $5 this past holiday season, but they'll occasionally throw it out there for a cheap price during the rest of the year (like their Summer vacation sales).

So simming my big ass tourny, and I'm noticing that I gotta do some tweaks to the logic.  I thought that they fixed the bug with sims working right next to the ropes all the time.  And I'm noticing a lack of going pins based off only going for pins after finishers, and those guys NEVER going for their finisher, so it's kinda skewing the results.  Granted, I'm a guy that likes matches ending differently at times, but I'm getting stuck with guys just repeatedly hitting moves when they can win, only to get hit with a pinning move and lose.

23 hours ago, Raziel403 said:

So simming my big ass tourny, and I'm noticing that I gotta do some tweaks to the logic.  I thought that they fixed the bug with sims working right next to the ropes all the time.  And I'm noticing a lack of going pins based off only going for pins after finishers, and those guys NEVER going for their finisher, so it's kinda skewing the results.  Granted, I'm a guy that likes matches ending differently at times, but I'm getting stuck with guys just repeatedly hitting moves when they can win, only to get hit with a pinning move and lose.

At least it isn't the Saturn version where you'd get pinned with the elbow to the back from the front facelock (the one you use to drag guys over to your corner) ALL THE TIME

• Like 3

On 2/12/2018 at 9:57 AM, Tromatagon said:

At least it isn't the Saturn version where you'd get pinned with the elbow to the back from the front facelock (the one you use to drag guys over to your corner) ALL THE TIME

Ha! Fire Pro A had that problem too.

At least that one you didn't go 30-45 minutes real time before it happened.

Shitty finishes aside the 6 Man Scramble AI was no joke.  It'd wreck your shit, especially in tag matches.  You'd have your work cut out for you against the Unholy Demon Army.

It made me think Taue would be some godlike monster wrestler IRL. Then I learned video game Taue is the best Taue.

1 hour ago, Tromatagon said:

At least that one you didn't go 30-45 minutes real time before it happened.

Shitty finishes aside the 6 Man Scramble AI was no joke.  It'd wreck your shit, especially in tag matches.  You'd have your work cut out for you against the Unholy Demon Army.

It made me think Taue would be some godlike monster wrestler IRL. Then I learned video game Taue is the best Taue.

He was pretty godly in the Champion Carnival '95.

10 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

I had high expectations of a lot of wrestlers after playing as/against them in FP. Your post immediately made me think of Kazuo Yamazaki, loved whooping people with him. 

• 2 weeks later...

I finally beat that cage dive mission, my new bete noir is the three-way match (I hate non-elimination 3-ways in basically every game since the dawn of time).

My laziness is hurting my fun with this game; playing matches is every bit as much fun as it was 20 years ago when I first downloaded X Premium but I find myself totally unwilling to do the digging thru FPA and other message boards to find good edits the way I did for Returns.  Hopefully the NJPW expansion will kick me in the ass to put more effort into it.

I can understand why they can't /won't pick the best edit for a wrestler on FPA. But I think it wouldn't hurt to have something like that here so we can help each other find the best ones.

But that aside you can get Captain Howdy's packs as they're mostly really good. That could be enough to get you started. Have you considered mods? Those would be a great way to add variety to your matches.

Carlzilla has released a mod with 13 created moves including a double underhook piledriver and a release Kudo driver. There are also both standing and grounded versions of the hammerlock. You need the Takayama dlc it would seem. Spike hasn't approved it after not being on board with the idea of a move creator piece of software releasing, so he's limited the release to the moves themselves. They didn't get back to him about that part. He also didn't want it shared beyond fire pro arena to limit its exposure and lessen the chance of pissing off the devs, but an asshole shared it on the steam forums anyway and it was temporarily taken down. It's since been restored. In other words, get on it asap if you're interested. 

Moves look pretty great. There are a few frames here and there that stick out but that's rare. There may be another pack out today. There was talk of Croyt's Wrath being in the works. Uh, yeah! 

I can't imagine playing the ps4 version without mods. I'll buy it for sure but having to make edits from scratch and vanilla FPW? 

I imagine they'd try to get cross platform sharing but with Steam being a specific platform and ps4 not on board with cross play all that much, it would have to be something like a crazy long code that has all the particular edit info or something. 

In more exciting news, just like that there's another pack of 14 moves up including a double super kick and more importantly Croyt's Wrath.