DVDVR Message Board

FIRE PRO WORLD

Craig H

It's coming out before the G1 along with the PS4 version. The PS4 version comes with the two big pieces of DLC & Takayama as part of the game, whereas Steam users will have to purchase the match maker mode and NJPW roster as dlc. Matsumoto wants to make the "World" part of the title a reality by getting more promotions involved including overseas companies.

I'm almost 100% sure PROGRESS will be one of those companies. They love Fire Pro, talked about reaching out to Spike Chunsoft and they used FPW to reveal one of their cards last year.  It would be cool to have all the major Japanese promotions beyond NJPW in this too. I wonder if ROH & CMLL will follow NJPW's lead. 

Not a tonne of new information in the Twitch stream tonight. Big thing is management mode drops either at the end of January or early February and they'll do another Twitch stream before its release going over details then. Didn't give a price.

In tomorrow's update:

NefEj7c.png'

Fuck yeah, Funk/Cactus piledriver. Fuck yeah, non-pinning powerslam. Could "Corkscrew Cannonball Senton" be the spiral tap? Fuck yeah, brass knux. 

Sad news: the story mode will have real wrestler photos instead of the beautiful FPG illustrations. 

I'm guessing those Falcon Arrows are either release, or avalanche moves.  I'm also wondering what version of the Flowsion is being added, as I thought most of them were already in.

Does anybody do an avalanche style one? Could be that... Super excited to have the brass knuckles for Regal, always one of my favorite guys to play as.

Also can I just say that while I go to Fire Pro Arena for news and updates, those guys can absolutely suck the joy out of anything? Seriously, a dude was comparing his excitement for the New Japan DLC to that of stepping in dog shit. What miserable bastards.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If you can navigate between all the fictional creations, there are some real gem edits on Arena. I think the general vibe of the board is pretty good but they can sometimes have their heads up their collective asses. 

7 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

Also can I just say that while I go to Fire Pro Arena for news and updates, those guys can absolutely suck the joy out of anything? Seriously, a dude was comparing his excitement for the New Japan DLC to that of stepping in dog shit. What miserable bastards.

I mean, most of the people in that thread called out the guy for that statement so... I don't get how that's on FPA?

6 hours ago, username said:

I mean, most of the people in that thread called out the guy for that statement so... I don't get how that's on FPA?

I do get that, it's just jarring to see some people be so incredibly negative regarding a resurrected Fire Pro, something we should have never even expected. I'll also admit that despite playing since X Premium and having contributed bits here and there (I still have noted success in the Maniac Challenge!), I've never been able to get into the community, so I'm definitely biased.

They'll still be in play or they wouldn't have done the deal.  They know what brings people to the game.

KOC had licensed wrestlers and still had bootleg create parts for everyone else.

The brass knuckles animation is fucking beautiful you guys

• Like 2

1 hour ago, christopher.annino said:

Standard 630 has been in the game since the beginning, although you had to beat a certain mission to unlock it.

I haven't beated all the missions, that explains it.

The brass knux and Cactus piledriver are things of beauty. Not sure what's up with a slightly different emerald flowsion or the numerous falcon arrows but those two aforementioned moves are perfect.

Damn, the elbow as an apron grapple would be so neat.

I wonder if we get much more in the way of patched moves in the next few months, as I imagine/hope they will add a good deal of specific moves for New Japan wrestlers.

There's a lot I've always wished they would add. Apron grapples could use a huge expansion, wouldn't mind if guys could have more than one suicide dive or springboard, post diving moves to opponents outside the ring, inside the ring rope springboards like a true Lionsault (in X Premium), counter moves while in the corner against a running opponent (also in XP), etc.