DVDVR Message Board

FIRE PRO WORLD

Craig H

Hahahahaha, yeah. Last night I'm subscribing to one after another. I glance at the creator name. Subscribe to another.

Stop. Wait, did I just see Kevin Nash as the creator? Yep, I did.

I too wanted to believe it's actually big sexy making those.

I'm hoping that once it hits the PS4 we will have edits done by wrestlers themselves. You know AJ, Xavier, and Omega will be all over that at least. Stevie Richards too if he hasn't already put out one for the computer.

A little around 12 hours of gameplay and Mission Mode is done. Only a few bits were frustrating and there's probably no way in hell I'm never going to get an S grade on all of them but that's okay. 

Elimination tags in Fire Pro have always been great, but I feel like with the small tweaks they've made to World it's now the best part of the game usurping the crown from rando battle royals. I wish we could do 5 v 5 tags though.

Carl also found an image from the WIP Management of the Ring mode this week:

I never played the GBA version, so was that iteration a one show per month deal? I hope either through mods or Spike that we can customize schedules. Another thing I'd like to see is potential ratings for wrestlers so you can see wrestler skills rise and fall over time in long saves.

• Like 1

Through mods that should be possible.

Also, nothing will top the PC version. It's basically the best wrestling game ever or in the top 3. The only things I wish this had, other than a management mode, are limb damage, injuries or fatigue that carries through in league mode, and an improved struggle to get to the ropes thing when you're in a submission. Oh, and no more instant submissions where a fucking headlock winds up accidentally ending a match. 

Carl's more match options mod has an option to disable submissions finishing a match unless they are marked as a signature or finisher. It's awesome unless you want to do UWF style matches, but it's not hard to disable.

Two friends and I have a TEW fantasy draft save going and I'm making our rosters on Fire Pro. The save tool that Freem released a while back is a life saver in adjusting edit points and little niggling things. You can do it all in a nice, clean interface without having to fuck around with cloning and the like. So between that and the copy moves/logic/parameters from Carl's mod suite, you can mix and mash then adjust to tweak edits to perfection. It's fucking awesome.

On 12/2/2017 at 10:48 AM, Oyaji said:

Elimination tags in Fire Pro have always been great, but I feel like with the small tweaks they've made to World it's now the best part of the game usurping the crown from rando battle royals. I wish we could do 5 v 5 tags though.

The one I simmed last night played out so WWE realistically that it was scary.  It started with each team member matching up with one from the other team.  Eventually things broke down after someone got thrown out of the ring and everyone brawled for what seemed like forever.  Team A eliminated one guy, then Team B eliminated 3 guys after that leaving it 1 vs 3 and eventually he (Vader) made a superman comeback to be the sole survivor.  

THERE WAS EVEN A FLASH PIN OFF A DISTRACTION!  I completely freaked out at that.  

Now you guys gotta try 2/3 falls elimination tags with criticals on high because shit is rough on the streets son

That's what it should say on the box

But yeah by the third fall everyone is selling horrific injuries by the first bump (the rolling around injured part sell is tremendous) or can't lift their arms if you armbar critical them.  It's so great

Criticals are always set to high on mine because life is pain

• Like 1

Yoshihiro Takayama DLC coming on the 19th of December. It will be $3, contain Takayama and his famous Don Frye punches, and all money from the DLC (besides the 30% cut that Steam takes) will go to Takayama himself to help pay for his medical bills.

• Like 2

Game is leaving Early Access also on December 19th. The big innovations and additions made post-full launch seem to be part of the season pass/DLC, with January's Management of the Ring mode (based on the one from Final Fire Pro) being the first of the two big ones they've got initially planned. This is all awesome news. The best news may be they plan on outdoing their 2017 support for the game in 2018, so even once it's out of early access, they should still be adding to the game by the sounds of it.

Everything's coming up Milhouse!

You're a heartless bastard if you don't get the Takayama DLC.

Going on what Carl's mentioned, if I were to take a guess on what the second big DLC piece is, it would be the paint tool/perhaps adding custom layers down the road. But I am likely off with that.

I like the sounds of Management of the Ring. You can sign talent away from rival promotions, leading to bitterness... or you could buddy up to another promotion and do co-promoted matches. I'm really hoping for flexibility in the schedule and for potential grades for wrestlers (or at least an aging system where wrestlers have a loose trajectory of early potential, prime, and decline). I have no clue how any of this works, but maybe the latter is something Carl could add if SC doesn't officially include it.

I was lucky enough to preorder Final Fire Pro and get my hands on that fairly rare cart, and I played the shit out of Management of Ring despite not knowing Japanese and only knowing half of the menu functions, and it was still one of the coolest modes I've ever played in any video game.

I'm fucking stoked.

And yeah, I'm getting that Takayama DLC. In fact, if anyone here doesn't think they can spare $3, I'll get it for you too (I'm sitting on $588 in my Steam wallet so it's all good).