DVDVR Message Board

FIRE PRO WORLD

Craig H

It's awesome for people who sim.  Kind of makes it less playable though (IE it doesn't adapt the controls to your position so moving around/running ropes has to be a bitch)

This is kind of cool if you want to make videos and stuff, since you could use the other mod that lets you generate the random seed number - if you use the same number for the same CPU vs CPU match you'll get the same exact match every time.   So you could run it at a bunch of camera angles and edit it together.

9 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

It's awesome for people who sim.  Kind of makes it less playable though.

This is kind of cool if you want to make videos and stuff, since you could use the other mod that lets you generate the random seed number - if you use the same number for the same CPU vs CPU match you'll get the same exact match every time.   So you could run it at a bunch of camera angles and edit it together.

It's mainly designed to sim but I could see somebody getting the hang of playing with just one other camera angle (No Mercy style, perhaps?)  But if I had a capture device I could see simming some cool matches and editing it to my heart's content.

If anything I think it's time you look into streaming your matches to Youtube.  Twitter screencaps are one thing, but I can see you changing cameras while simming MMMShow against all walks of life in deathmatches.

Today's patch adds, among other things, the bionic elbow, testicular claw, Tanahashi's twist and shout, Hiromu's Time Bomb, more European uppercuts, airplane spin, Atlantida, Chaos Theory and hair pull/push downs.

I see the alternate versions of the atomic drop keep the opponent up which is nice for certain priorities but what do the new face raking/thumbing to the eyes add the originals did not?

After playing WWE 2K18 and just not really enjoying it and not even being able to download 100 caws without running into the logo limit, I think I'm going to stick with FPR as my main rasslin' game. It was always going to be the case but I don't think I'll be getting into 2k18 as much as I did 17.

edit: the face rake/thumb to the eyes stuns opponents. So just like the new atomic drops, they'll work for chaining priority attacks.

• Like 2

This is what my promotion is like.  I am Casey.  Byron and LA Red are my Masks, Mats, and Mayhem cohosts.  Dragon Rojo Jr. and Daga are luchadores you should already like.  Shang Tsung is Shang Tsung.  Rob Zombie is Rob Zombie.  Sleazy P Martini is from Gwar and it's a goddamned great edit.

Fuck Money ring.  Sponsored by Olive Garden.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

We just ordered a new laptop with the BF sales and by all means it should run FPW well. I'm extremely tempted to pick this up on Steam despite preferring to have it on PS4, as the laptop will be shared with the wife. Is there any real reason I should just wait it out til Spring?

1 hour ago, christopher.annino said:

Cool. Should probably pick up a Steam Link then as well. Thanks, dudes.

Now's the best time - they just slashed the price to FIVE DOLLARS.   I have one for my PC gaming and it's WELL worth it, especially if you have a wired network.  Controllers are a cinch - you can either pick up the Steam Controller, or it supports USB/bluetooth controllers, including the PS4 controller.

• Like 1

I checked around and it appears I'm the only one with the issue, but since the update the game is extremely slow on my computer.  Despite it having issues it ran the game fine all this time.  But everything's been super slow and gameplay is moving one frame at a time.  It's amazing how outdated a 5-year-old computer can be and there's not even updated drivers for Windows 10.  But unless I miraculously fix the issue no Fire Pro for me.  It sucks because I really wanted to mess with the camera angles.  I have a custom PC I need to finish setting up, hoping to get that done this weekend.  So I guess the upside to this is that I have added incentive to stop procrastinating and get around to finishing it.

1 hour ago, BL88 said:

I had the opposite issue, where the game started playing at like 800x speed at all time, even in menus. try turning vsync off, or find out how to tell your video card to stop forcing vsync

I turned off Vsync but issue persisted.  I'll mess with the video card but I don't see much hope with that.  It's just strange it was never an issue before this update.  I'm not blaming the update as it worked for everybody else, it's just coincidental timing on my end.

Picked it up yesterday and the slight change in grapple timing from Returns is driving me crazy, but every other bit feels exactly the same. I'm glad they didn't fuck with striking distance or anything else. Awesome, now to plow through Mission Mode, then edit. 

I already know I'm going to be tweaking the hell out of downloaded wrestlers, because if they have a scoop slam NOT in the small/up grapple, or worse yet a brainbuster not in med/up, I'll lose my shit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, christopher.annino said:

Picked it up yesterday and the slight change in grapple timing from Returns is driving me crazy, but every other bit feels exactly the same. I'm glad they didn't fuck with striking distance or anything else. Awesome, now to plow through Mission Mode, then edit. 

I already know I'm going to be tweaking the hell out of downloaded wrestlers, because if they have a scoop slam NOT in the small/up grapple, or worse yet a brainbuster not in med/up, I'll lose my shit.

You could do those, but if you're up for mods they'll make your time playing a whole lot easier.  For starters you wouldn't need to mission mode if you just want to get to editing (unless you want to get re-acquainted with the game's features)  And if you edit a downloaded wrester's moveset you won't get further updates to the guiy's looks or anything.  With the mod there's a way to copy the moveset and not break anything with subscriptions.  I know you got it yesterday but it's something to consider.

• Like 1

I initially was trying to make complete rosters for current and past promotions but a lot of the edits had issues that irked me. So, I did a clean install (the unsubscribe method still sucks a big one btw) and just focused on my fictional promotion my friends and I created back on FPD. I think I'm finally ready to fuck around with rosters, especially with Carl's mix and match mod. Creators who often have the best logic and most accurate moves don't tend to have the best looking appearances and vice versa. The mod makes that easy to fix. I know it's a lot of work to go back and add a lot of priorities but it seems like the majority haven't done that with their edits yet. 

Howdy's 91-95 WWF edits seem like the best of both worlds though. A lot of fun  can be had with those. 

Has anybody used the whole FPR converter to get old edits? Seems like a bit of a pain in the ass but versus manually converting all my old stuff?

At least there's the Anthology, for which I am immensely thankful for as a base of mass editing.

Not me, but I did notice converted edits in the workshop.

I fired up Fire Pro for the first time in awhile last night and had a lot of fun just messing around with battle royals. Ran a GI Joe battle royal and couldn't help myself from laughing at Cobra Commanders moveset being nut shots, chokes, and eye gouges. I simmed the match and it seems like his finish is just a straight up choke. He must have eliminated 4 guys with that. Cobra Commander won the whole thing. Destro's moveset made me laugh too. I had no idea there was a ground submission where you repeatedly headbutt someone. Seeing Destro do that with his oversized head was funny as hell. Snake Eyes was the first one eliminated. I figured he would have won it.

Anyway, the GI Joe edits are awesome. Really takes me back to using GI Joes for wrestlers. I need to do some more searching in the Workshop to see if there are edits for Firefly, Flint, the Cobra-La guys, etc.

Holy shit, if there's audio for a "COBRA-LALALALALALALALALA" taunt I will flip the fuck out.

Carl's made a commentary mod and people are ripping commentary from other games. I guess you could add noises in place of commentary for moves. 

Had a super fun Elite vs. New Day six man elimination tag last night. This game is so fucking great. 

• Like 2