DVDVR Message Board

FIRE PRO WORLD

Craig H

2 hours ago, Super Weak Machine said:

Scaling parts down to 0% makes them invisible.  Now I have a guy with no head.

Somebody beat me to the headless horseman edit already.  But I can't wait to see what can be done with this.  Maybe a dude with invisible arms/legs?  Can't wait to try it out.

1 hour ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Somebody beat me to the headless horseman edit already.  But I can't wait to see what can be done with this.  Maybe a dude with invisible arms/legs?  Can't wait to try it out.

I can finally make a Phantom Limb edit!

VHVGnIU.png

• Like 3

The ten priority slots is the first thing that's really gotten me excited for the game.  I bought he early release version for my PC, but haven't really spent much time with it.  So far, I've basically thought FPW was a better game than FPR, but not enough of an improvement to warrant buying a PS4 and starting my edits over from scratch.  I mostly enjoy creating edits for the game (real-life wrestlers) but  I was never very prolific.  I'd spend a several weeks to a month or two on one edit sometimes, so it's kinda daunting to do all that work over again.  And so far, CPU logic mostly seems copied from FPR.  I know people are recreating their FPR edits on FPW with minimal hassle, but that doesn't seem like much fun to me, so I'm not likely to spend any time doing that.

I'm starting to get the itch to make Stardom edits, so I'm probably going to end up playing the hell out of FPW when the PS4 version gets released.  I wish I enjoyed playing on the PC more.  I'm a novice when it comes to get the mods up and running, but they're intriguing.  I've thought of figuring out what I need to do to stream the PC feed to my tv, but I think I'll just buy the PS4 version instead unless someone manages to mod a move creator/splicer or something impressive like that.

Either way, I'm getting excited about this game for probably the first time.

6 hours ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

The ten priority slots is the first thing that's really gotten me excited for the game.  I bought he early release version for my PC, but haven't really spent much time with it.  So far, I've basically thought FPW was a better game than FPR, but not enough of an improvement to warrant buying a PS4 and starting my edits over from scratch.  I mostly enjoy creating edits for the game (real-life wrestlers) but  I was never very prolific.  I'd spend a several weeks to a month or two on one edit sometimes, so it's kinda daunting to do all that work over again.  And so far, CPU logic mostly seems copied from FPR.  I know people are recreating their FPR edits on FPW with minimal hassle, but that doesn't seem like much fun to me, so I'm not likely to spend any time doing that.

First of all, like Tromataton said HDMI hookup is a much better option than streaming to TV.

Second, there's a way to port over saves from FPR to FPW using the tool discussed here.  http://www.fpwarena.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1732  If it's not too daunting for you to give this a try then this would mean you can import everything without having to start over.  Worth trying out.

• Thanks 1

I didn't realize that.... and I do surf the FPWArena site pretty regularly, lol.  I'm not really sure I'd want to do straight ports, but it would at least give me a decent base to work from, so the re-editing job seems a lot more manageable.

Thanks for pointing that out.  Have they announced a release date for the PS4 version?  I'm assuming it will be next spring or summer.  The developers previously said they could keep the game in "early access" until Spring 2018.

I'm a noob when it comes to PC gaming and porting across platforms.  If i use the save tools to convert my FPR edits to FPW, is it possible/likely I will eventually be able to use them on a PS4.  Or is that going to limit me to the PC?  

1 hour ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

I didn't realize that.... and I do surf the FPWArena site pretty regularly, lol.  I'm not really sure I'd want to do straight ports, but it would at least give me a decent base to work from, so the re-editing job seems a lot more manageable.

Thanks for pointing that out.  Have they announced a release date for the PS4 version?  I'm assuming it will be next spring or summer.  The developers previously said they could keep the game in "early access" until Spring 2018.

I'm a noob when it comes to PC gaming and porting across platforms.  If i use the save tools to convert my FPR edits to FPW, is it possible/likely I will eventually be able to use them on a PS4.  Or is that going to limit me to the PC?  

No problem.  The PS4 version is still slated for spring 2018 so there's plenty of time to get a feel for the PC version and all their glorious mods.  I prefer PS4 so this is the first time I messed with mods and such.  As long as you follow the instructions it's pretty awesome.  Don't feel a need to use the FPR>FPW conversion utility, but uncertain if it'll work for the PS4 version.  Unless they tied it to your Steam account (highly doubt it) then PC will be the only way to use this.  But as long as you connect it to the TV via HDMI and have a controller you won't notice much of a difference.

They talked briefly about trying to make edits cross platform once the ps4 version is out but were vague and non-committal, which usually translates from Japanese to English as a no. I am no programmer but it seems to me that if the data is just a bunch of code uploaded to a server, that information shouldn't be too hard to translate across platforms. Only issue would be with Steam I'm guessing. 

• Like 1

I'm gonna pin my hopes on someone at the FPC whipping up a utility that allows files to be shared between PC version and PS4 version.  I don't own a PS4 and actually have never looked at one all that closely.  Is there any way to share files/saves except official servers?  Surely, there's some way around that?  I'm assuming PS4 did away with memory cards and such (PS3 probably did away with that).  

I'll look into the HDMI hookup that was suggested, but I'm really thinking of getting a PS4 for the game.  The PS4 has other uses to me besides Fire Pro - namely Final Fantasy.  I'm  more of a old-school gamer (more likely to play Nintendo 64 or SNES that PS2 or later systems), but I would like to play through the later FF games at some point.  FFXII on PS2 was the last one I played.  Honestly, PSX and PSII FF titles are mostly why i still own a PS2, not Fire Pro.

Thanks for the help, though.

There really needs to be like a recently updated way to search through the Workshop, especially now with the 10 priority spots, to find modders who are actually keeping their guys up to date.  

Is anyone else horribly annoyed by "Mike" who has made literally almost EVERYONE, but just slightly updated the logic from the work that other people have done?  Just seems like a cheap way to make hundreds of creations.  

Finally got Carlzilla's mod and have been going mad adding themes and rings.  It also makes it so much easier every two weeks when I decide I want all my downloaded creations organized in a different way.  

• Like 1

Yea - I love this new update and the ability to make limbs disappear has lead to some really weird shit being posted.

I think my favorite so far is a version of Red Shoes that's literally just a pair of red shoes.  

I saw a Japanese creation that confirms that making giant-balled Randy Marsh is totally possible and am disappointed at the whole community that a creator more talented than me hasn't done that yet.  

• 2 weeks later...

New patch added in some pretty great stuff.  I'm going to end up playing this game quite a bit eventually, but not until it gets out of early access/the PS4 version is released.  For now, i'm just going to watch the FPWArena site and see what future updates bring.

10 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

Man Royce Gracie beat that Wolfman in less than ten seconds once in my game

And? I'm sure he'd do the same in film and reality as well. Break all its limbs and choke it out.

• 3 weeks later...

If you use Carlzilla's mod he recently added what I call a true game-changer:

unknown.png

Check out the possibilities in this thread, lots a great preset angles to use!  http://www.fpwarena.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1961  I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but holy fucking shit I'm excited to use this.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Wooooooah... Different camera angles in Fire Pro?!

Yep. I barely managed to not lose my damn mind at work. Really hoping to try this Thursday morning. In the meantime there's a couple YouTube videos showing it in action.