DVDVR Message Board

FIRE PRO WORLD

Craig H

On 8/22/2017 at 0:12 PM, Craig H said:

I'm still waiting for an edit with classic Fire Pro names.

I honestly haven't seen any of those names, though that would surely be nice to see.  Now if you're up for mods and editing ring texture there's tons of rings from the previous Fire Pro games.  http://www.fpwarena.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1517&start=75  It's not that hard to do once you realize where everything needs to go and it's surprisingly much easier to do than the saves of old.

For those of you that haven't taken the plunge and only vaguely see "It doesn't take much to run it", we got my friend/podcast cohost Byron up and running on a rig that was only $125.  We used to play 6 Man Scramble together in high school 20 years ago.

• Like 2

Stuff modders are doing:

Changing arena textures and colours along with nameplates

Spoiler

6SJC42w.jpg

Swapping in textures (who knows if somebody one day will allow us to add rather than overwrite textures, but this is potentially a huge game changer)

Spoiler

44965043c9.jpg

Fucking around with all the various death match settings so you can go outside in barbed wire death matches, etc.

Spoiler

NoLimts.jpg

Changing the cage appearance (classic WWF blue steel, Punjabi Prison, eventually barbed wire with a mod allowing for blood caused by the barbed wire cage)

Spoiler

mRn0ztc.jpg

9OfUUPF.jpg

There's a better organizer so you can shift multiple edits to a team all at once. There's a mix and match mod where you can copy movesets/logic, appearance, parameters and skills from one edit to another. This is huge for all those superbly done  appearances for edits with not-so-hot logic or 300+ skill points. You can also use that tool to rename edits, so unless you want it, you could rename edits with names in Japanese or, my pet peeve, extra spaces and shit. You can assign the last costume an edit has as an entrance attire. You can assign themes to edits without duplicating them (thank fuck) and use spacing in the name to get unique themes for a wrestler who changed themes throughout his or her career.

And this is just the beginning. They haven't even really gotten to the move tool or given any support by Spike, which may or may not ever come. Going off the vibe from the twitch streams with the director, my guess would be they end up supporting modding more directly when they are more or less done with the game way down the road.

I have 150 ring textures and I haven't downloaded everything that's been posted. Chyrons, turnbuckle textures, and arena mods are going to be a thing as we move along. The support the game has received from the community of modders is fantastic and really helped iron out some of early access' shortcomings.

• Like 1

I downloaded a bunch of ring textures...and I have no idea how to use them. I tried searching for a post on it, but couldn't find much. The little bit of details I found made it sound like I had to cut out the individual parts of the ring texture. Then I save those all as different names? I honestly don't know. I'm not even sure where they go after I do whatever it is I need to do.

52 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I downloaded a bunch of ring textures...and I have no idea how to use them. I tried searching for a post on it, but couldn't find much. The little bit of details I found made it sound like I had to cut out the individual parts of the ring texture. Then I save those all as different names? I honestly don't know. I'm not even sure where they go after I do whatever it is I need to do.

You don't need to cut the ring mats.  As long a they're saved in .png format you just need to save them to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fire Prowrestling World\RingMats  You would also need to create the rings in the game first, I'd have the mats and aprons white so they don't bleed into the logo.  Do you have Carlzilla's mod?  If so then you would just enable the Ring Texture mod and you can use them in there.

Now there's an updated Carlzilla mod that enables arena and stage texture.  I haven't gotten that yet but that might be a bit more involved than it was beforehand.  With there being so many things you can do it's almost overwhelming what is possible with this.  The guy really should just work for SC and find ways to get this goodness into the game from the start.  I'm going to miss not having these options for the PS4 version.

• Thanks 1

That's for your help. It's a bit more involved than that, but while looking for additional ring textures, I found a link to Carlzilla's post about how to use them. Even those directions are slightly confusing, but I got it to work. Even better is that I figured out how to use new ring parts textures, but I only have one for ROH.

I think my favorite ring is the NES Pro Wrestling ring. That one looks so cool. Still wish I could find a better NJPW ring. The couple I found kind of suck.

The arena and stage textures are a complete mystery to me. I'm not sure how to use any of those, but I think it has something to do with replacing the main texture files. That isn't part of Carlzilla's mod yet.

By the way, how are people using different arenas? I still only have the 3 that were in the initial release.

In Carl's more matches options there is an arena selector that has all the yet-to-be released arenas. And the stage and floor mats are part of his mod too. There's a tab on the ring mat database for that. 

I can understand the confusion because with all these tabs for different parts of his mod, the mod suite is becoming a little unwieldy.

First thing to do right now is delete the Assembly-CSharp.Original.dll file you copy for the mod to work because of last night's update. So delete it, copy the updated Assembly-CSharp file and rename the copy to "Assembly-CSharp.Original". Then download Carl's update and patch it. 

You can change the arena in this window and this option:

Spoiler

XgJVJHS.jpg

And here's where you install and select stage/floor textures:

Spoiler

kvoer2y.png

Let me know if that helps. You obviously have to have a ring created in-game first before you can edit the textures for the mat/apron/stage/whatever. And AR00 = Big Garden Arena, so that's only where those ringside textures will work.

6 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

I can understand the confusion because with all these tabs for different parts of his mod, the mod suite is becoming a little unwieldy.

First thing to do right now is delete the Assembly-CSharp.Original.dll file you copy for the mod to work because of last night's update. So delete it, copy the updated Assembly-CSharp file and rename the copy to "Assembly-CSharp.Original". Then download Carl's update and patch it. 

You can change the arena in this window and this option:

Reveal hidden contents

XgJVJHS.jpg

And here's where you install and select stage/floor textures:

Reveal hidden contents

kvoer2y.png

Let me know if that helps. You obviously have to have a ring created in-game first before you can edit the textures for the mat/apron/stage/whatever. And AR00 = Big Garden Arena, so that's only where those ringside textures will work.

That's a ton of help. I'll reload the mod later today. Looking forward to it.

I can't get enough of the Taito and the NES Pro Wrestling rings. The screenshots of the NXT arena with the NXT nameplates look so fucking good too.

Agreed. People are messing around with titantrons and it actually looks pretty great with the theme song to match. However, it doesn't seem like it will be something Carl will be able to just swap in and out like he can with ring textures unfortunately. Hopefully, one day, somebody creates a mod that allows us to do just that (and swap title belt images in!).

Latest patch doesn't have any new moves BUT it fixed Irish whips into the corner and opponents no longer get up when pinned or submitted (yay!). 

That's huge! 

edit: Sorry, I didn't see Casey's post.

OH SHIT! It's breaking down!

But anyway, man, that has been such a long time coming. I never thought something so small would make me that happy. Even when I played last night I wondered why in the hell do the guys still drop dead if you irish whip them too close to the ropes.

• 2 weeks later...