DVDVR Message Board

FIRE PRO WORLD

Craig H

2 hours ago, Rev Ray said:

There's a pretty sweet NWA Territories set, but at times I feel it's a bit overpowered (if a main eventer is 180, seems a little high for Gorgeous Jimmy Garvin)

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=993475523

Some are definitely overpowered, but holy shit there's some quality edits.  If you love NWA territories this is the guy to follow.  I've had some great matches mixing up the Horsemen, Midnights and RnR Express.  It's led to some great gaming.

uv8IZ1E.jpg

So, as I was wishing for, modding in graphics for belts is possible. Who knows how this'll turn out eventually, but it's exciting even if we can only have the 10 or whatever template slots.

Carl's released a mat texture selector that circumvents the only one canvas texture problem. So, I've just done a run of three matches, one in ROH, one in PWG, one in NJPW all with modded canvases. It's really easy to set up too. Just make sure the mat and aprons are set to white in game if you use it or else there'll be some weird layering issues. Remarkable stuff.

Ignorant hypothesis: if he can create a hot swap for rings, I'm guessing he'll eventually be able to create a hot swap for belts.

Spoiler

NFHwvo2.png

I actually wish I'd recorded this one. AJ dominated the early going, scoring with the Calf Crusher(ish) twice fairly quick, but Rusev fought his way back into it. Rusev kicked out of the Styles Clash, and was in the ropes after a Phenominal Forearm. There was a ref bump w/color, and AJ had Rusev pinned with a small package while the ref was down! This was the most like a "real" match I've seen in a long time.

Twitch stream is live. MP3/ogg/wav support for in-match music and entrance songs. Resolution changes are in. Full mouse support is in (!). S-1 (K1) matches are in. You can toggle through promotions and menus with L+R and a bunch of other improvements to the menus. Spike rulz, like Anarchy.

4 new movez! Counter flapjack looks beautiful. Diving cutter (diamond cutter diving off the top to a standing opponent). A better version of Kota Ibushi's last ride powerbomb. KOTA IBUSHI'S KAMIGOYE (wrist clutch knee)! FUCK YES. IBUSHI IS LYFE.

• Like 1

That's some tremendous additions for the patch, really pleased to see full mouse support added in.  This plus the mods I finally got around to setting up make this one of my favorite games ever.

EDIT:  While waiting for the patch I made good use of Carlzilla's mod just now.  Had an 8-man elimination tag between 'Taker, Brody and Road Warriors against Kevin Sullivan, Kane, Andre the Giant and Harley Race.  All this took part in a landmine match with last man rule standing in effect.  And yes, full blood opacity.  It was a long, bloody, explosion-crazy grand ol' time and I loved every minute of it!

After playing that match I'm convinced that this is my favorite game ever.  If it wasn't for the game slowing down a good bit I'd do more matches like that, but it never ceases to amaze me what is possible.  Long live Fire Pro!

Patch is live.

Mouse Menu Support Added
Certain windows (such as the task bar) still lack support. We plan to patch this in a future update.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. This was supposed to be the best part of mouse support! For transferring edits and such, you could just click on the scroll bar on the right rather than holding down a d-pad button or key. I hope it's in the next patch.

Oh, and if you want to give a downloaded edit custom music you'll have to clone them and make your own version. :/ I hope they figure something out or the modders do that allows for something more streamlined.

Yeah, they'd never be able to have licenced songs on the workshop but I'm hoping for some sort of entrance music menu in the editor where we can assign downloaded edits themes without having to clone them. Or a mod if they don't do that. 

Another thing with the music is the folder is the same for both themes and BGM. I hope they split them into two different directories so when we eventually (and hopefully) get a random BGM option for matches we don't have to listen to entrance music too.

Pretty rad having the WCW/nWo: World Tour BGM in Fire Pro though! And any additional mouse support is better than what we had.

I think that should be modable but the big problem is the same thing with editing other things. If you edit in a music, then they upload a new version, you'd need some kind of buffer to prevent a music override. It sounds doable but I have no idea about specific fire pro coding. I haven't really touched modding since the baffling Skyrim Creation Kit where you could do anything except make stable new land, which is the one thing everyone wanted it for.

Carlzilla is a fucking legend! Within hours of the patch dropping, his updated mod has a theme database where you can assign edits theme songs. Only drawback is it's attached to the name so you can't have era specific themes (OH WELL). 

Edit: AND... AND... the update to his ring texture mod now has chyron options for each ring. Got.damn.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Oh, and if you want to give a downloaded edit custom music you'll have to clone them and make your own version. :/ I hope they figure something out or the modders do that allows for something more streamlined.

Is it set that you can't edit ANY part of downloaded edits (like height/weight/birthday, etc)? But you can clone them in order to do so? Assuming that's the case, does cloning work just like the previous games where it carries everything over except the attributes?

Just curious if that'd be simple enough as it is on FPR. I probably won't be playing until it hits consoles but I'd have to get a ps4 first anyways.

1 hour ago, Oyaji said:

Cloning carries over everything except custom finisher names.

But, if you just want to customize entrance music, there's a mod for that now as posted above. 

And it's absolutely tremendous.  Carlzilla's got one hell of a mod suite and adding this just made it king-sized.  This is the first time getting mods for a PC game, but after getting the hang of this I don't know how I can play the PS4 version without wanting what the mod suite brings.

@PetrolCB tonnes of footage on YouTube. Basically, fire pro can be whatever you want. You want to pit a team of Bobby Hill, Beavis & a panda bear against Freddy, Jason & Pinhead you can do that. If you want to sim classic matches you can do that, if you want up to date rosters of every major promotion you can do that. Best of all, you can do all of them at the same time. Fire Pro's greatness is its flexibility and that it's a conduit for your and now every other users' imagination with edit sharing. 

I posted a few pages back a pic of a silly battle royal of downloaded faaauuuntasy edits. I'll post something of my own creations today if I get a chance. 

I did not do so well in this. Most of these characters, aside from Trump in this video anyway, go way back to FPD and are creations borne from the mind of adolescent boys' "imaginations". I still need to make Max Weinberg to get some hot Max on Max action. In this clusterfuck, I enjoyed the late match interactions between Trump, God, and Satan.

The layering (and the different texture reflection level options) really shines on masked wrestlers due to the sheer number of parts. You can actually do some fine detail work on those that's the kind of stuff nobody but you might even notice at all but it's cool. I'd like to have more shirt/pants doodad options at some point for more variety besides colour swaps. Shapes, symbols, a few more things that can work well in layers like the mask parts. Overall though for the most part if you can dream it up it's probably somewhat doable. Spoilered for size, a few images of People I Made Up To Amuse Myself In Fire Pro:

852F4E028C91DCF62DF0E1CAE93D4B786E089537American Buffalo: M. Bison gimmick who had to change his name for "legal reasons". A Great Muta ripoff because no company is real without one. Some SERIOUS WRESTLERS. All sorts of stuff. The green mohawk dude is based on a guy I made in one of those shitty WWE games with a lot dumb hair options where I set out to make the ugliest wrestler I could imagine (crazy anime hair, shit ton of horrible tattoos, slightly greenish skin) and then squash people with him as a fuck you to how awful a lot of their options were. He's far less Anime Accident now, but the spirit is true.

06D4BF3F2C0292A36A79B33B6FD41DCAA40549D2

Guys with FLIPZ~ and MASKZ~. 

6A7A9FDBDE2A4322CECA080270DC92CDDC2FF010

GIRLZ. I still think most of the default options make them look kinda weird, and most of the animations feel a little off with women wrestlers, but if you shrink the body parts down to like 90-93% that first 10% of slide seems to make a big difference and it gets a hell of a lot better.

• Like 2

Okay, I got another part I want to brag about, and this one isn't about a specific wrestler (altho I stumbled upon it while trying to make Knockoff Strong Machines), I just made a REALLY cool looking shoe that make the laces pop a lot.

f2ed0905ac.png

I used it on short shoes, but I have no reason to believe it wouldn't work on longer shoes.

9199478642.png

So the gag here is that the default wrestler's calves put on both pairs of lacing, right? It puts the Shoes A down and then the Shoelaces. Well, if you change the order like so, the laces and loops pop out

Shoes A1
Shoelace 1
Shoes A2
Shoelace 2

with the Shoes being white and both Shoelace parts being Black in this example.

f4bac8408f.png

Same visual gag on feet, but different parts.

Shoes A1
Shoes A2
Shoes B3
Shoes A3

Shoes A2&3 are black in this example, since we're trying to change the laces but not the rest of the shoe color. Either way, try to find a color wheel and use colors that would make the laces pop as compliments and not primary colors, or alternatively just use white lacing on dark primary colors and black lacing on bright ones.

• Like 1