DVDVR Message Board

FIRE PRO WORLD

Craig H

18 hours ago, Oyaji said:

I replace edits when I find an improvement. 

Looks like to me that the rating for barbed wire matches is broken. I always see 30-40%.

As far as I can tell you need to have both wrestlers bleed, and the match has to go long enough for the time bomb to go off or they hate it.

• Like 1

I have been spending way too much time trying to nail an edit of my DVDVR E-fed character, Guan Yu.  I have way too much fun scrolling through all the options for moves.  Getting the AI settings right might take some time though.

My Steam is zqadams.

So...Mission 17? There are 2 in a row that  say "win via over the top rope DQ". The second one was easy; the first one doesn't have battle royale style eliminations and I don't know what they want from me.

EDIT: Nevermind. Apparently #18 counts suplexes over the top as eliminations, but 17 only does it if you use RB+Y. I don't get it.

Whoever Phil Parent is, he's doing damn good work with the Fire Pro Returns uploads. On top of lots of the guys with 100 uploads like Tenryu and Muto, he's the only guy I've seen upload Dos Caras, Masa Saito, and a couple others (at the time). Caras is a dude I've definnitely been waiting for, and I had a really fun lariat-fest with Saito vs. Choshu.

• Like 1

In regards to Barbed Wire Matches... I did a match between Ohata/Sane v. Aja/Ozaki. All 4 bled, beatthe crap out of each other and the bomb went off KOing EVERYBODY!

Match rating was under 50%

James

heads up, something went weird in the new patch where it's mislabeling Power, Arm Power and Agility as the defensive values straight across the way. An example of what I mean:

2ad259136e.png

85f1ad0451.png

It'll probably be fixed soon, but until it does remember this error as you're making move sets.

EDIT: By the way, the Compatibility letters will still read out correctly, so you can trust those if you get turned around. There's an old affinity guide on gamefaqs for the GBA games that still mostly maps, although it doesn't take MMA/Entertainment stats into account.

• Like 1

I'm curious how some of you organize your title belts (or plan to). Do you use a lot of promotional belts? One unified Fire Pro title? Some kind of mix? Boxing alphabet soup? Do you download 28 John Cena edits and have them wrestle for the John Cena Championship?

I'll have a gajillion titles to go along with my gajillion promotions. I think I only have 5 Cenas right now, trying to decide which one is best at the moment. They need to include the Steel John Cena match mode after they finish Management of the Reigns mode.

New patch was just released. Fixed some CPU logic, online, and menu stuff. Included a new move: a leaping cutter (RKO) as a strike. Not bad but certainly not high on my wishlist.

Edit: I see the issue Broken Lamp mentioned. I wasn't sure what patch he was talking about but apparently it's been out for like 4-5 hours hah.

10 hours ago, GojiColin said:

Yeah Im subscribed to the Fire Pro Anthology, which is his group; so far the guys I've used seem pretty good.

That group is pretty focused on going through the series and directly translating every guy on the default roster over, including logic.

14 hours ago, Death From Above said:

Whoever Phil Parent is, he's doing damn good work with the Fire Pro Returns uploads. On top of lots of the guys with 100 uploads like Tenryu and Muto, he's the only guy I've seen upload Dos Caras, Masa Saito, and a couple others (at the time). Caras is a dude I've definnitely been waiting for, and I had a really fun lariat-fest with Saito vs. Choshu.

That's a name I haven't seen in a long time. Phil Parent is the dude that does the TEW mods and what not, probably since it started. So I'd trust his stuff as being pretty legit.

Phil Parent has been around for the longest time.  I've seen his quality work in FPD and GBA versions, unsure if he's done it earlier than that.  But he's been at it for over a decade so that's pretty amazing.  I'd love for him to join here so we could pick his brain regarding Fire Pro.

I await someone having creations that are all animals and doing a Furry Title just to be creepy. Everyone has Dieno movesets.

18 minutes ago, Ryan said:

I await someone having creations that are all animals and doing a Furry Title just to be creepy. Everyone has Dieno movesets.

Wasn't there already an article about people making bear characters? 

One small constructive criticism I'd give the developers is some of the sections could organize parts more clearly, mostly with the face and hair. Like, the faces just sort into Base1-4 which isn't really that helpful a search parameter. With 600+ there's got to be a more useful way to divide them up, especially given that the list doesn't exactly load like lightning. Faces would be tougher. Hair could easily have better sorting by length which would be super helpful too.

The other menu that really needs cleaning up is when you go to base an edit of an existing wrestler, having to choose off one giant master list instead of all the tabs you have set up is Very Not Good if the guy you want is, like, 300th out of 450.