DVDVR Message Board

FIRE PRO WORLD

Craig H

1 hour ago, steve said:

Which ones are giving you trouble?

I'm not going to be anywhere close to my laptop for a while, I'll try to remember to respond to this.  I just was trying to figure out what categories were for what kind of attacks, and was confused about how the entire system worked.

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Hey! Johnny Smith challenged RVD for the TV title on a PPV...I think...

He didn't.

He was at the show.  He got flown in for the show.  He was ready to come out and wrestle RVD but Balls Mahoney and Axl came out, and Balls challenged RVD.

The Impact Players got all mad and said YOU WILL RESCIND YOUR CHALLENGE!

Then Axl yelled RESCIND THIS, BITCH and hit Johnny Smith with a chair and Balls got the match instead.  He hit RVD with a top rope nutcracker suite, which was fucking awesome, and it was the first time he did it and it was this ultra mega death move.

RVD kicked out at two and won the match.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, CSC said:

Dammit - went to one of those "can you run it?" sites and it says my laptop can't run the game.  So much for that. 

It told me that too.  It runs fine.  Those sites are wrong all the time.

You can just buy the game on steam and get a refund if it doesn't work, you guys.  You just have to click like two things, you don't even have to talk to customer support or anything.

• Like 1

I'd make a crack about ECW wasting money flying in a British wrestler but last I heard Johnny Smith actually lives in Calgary. Apparently he became a cop post-retirement in the early 2000's. This might be the most obscure piece of wrestling trivia I have.

7 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

He didn't.

He was at the show.  He got flown in for the show.  He was ready to come out and wrestle RVD but Balls Mahoney and Axl came out, and Balls challenged RVD.

The Impact Players got all mad and said YOU WILL RESCIND YOUR CHALLENGE!

Then Axl yelled RESCIND THIS, BITCH and hit Johnny Smith with a chair and Balls got the match instead.  He hit RVD with a top rope nutcracker suite, which was fucking awesome, and it was the first time he did it and it was this ultra mega death move.

RVD kicked out at two and won the match.

I had a total mental block on that until now. I wanted to think that the Dudleys got involved somehow, but that may have been RVD defending the title against Bubba the PPV before that or the one after it. Damn. Now I remember everything. At the time I remember being all amped up for an AJPW dude challenging RVD for the title. In hindsight, it probably wouldn't have been a good match.

I feel like it could have gone two ways - Smith would do twenty minutes of arm work that the fans would shit all over, or it'd be pretty cool like Regal and RVD's wrestlemania match, but we all know Johnny Smith is no Regal

Was this also around the time Tanaka was supposed to face RVD? If so, wasn't Smith the replacement, and he also got replaced? I feel like I'm mixing time periods, I think. 

**edit** 

I googled "Johnny Smith ECW" and found this match I have no recollection of happening or being mentioned on tv. I didn't watch this yet, so if it sucks, I'll take the blame. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CSC said:

Dammit - went to one of those "can you run it?" sites and it says my laptop can't run the game.  So much for that. 

I went to a "can you run it?" site as well that said my graphics card couldn't run it, and it runs relatively well for me. So, don't put stock in those sites.

2 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

It told me that too.  It runs fine.  Those sites are wrong all the time.

You can just buy the game on steam and get a refund if it doesn't work, you guys.  You just have to click like two things, you don't even have to talk to customer support or anything.

Yea - it was definitely wrong.  The game works just fine.  Goodbye free time and productivity.  

• Like 1

We should get a collection of Steam IDs going in here. I'm sure some are in that other thread, but I'd imagine it's a pain in the ass to find. I also have no idea which name to give. I think my original Steam name is bankholdup, but the name I'm using now is Tex Ferguson.

It's always great when I'm playing DotA and every once in a great while someone will recognize the name and throw out a Chad 2 Badd reference.

Oh shit, I haven't checked lately, but surely there are SRW edits up by now.

38 minutes ago, Craig H said:

We should get a collection of Steam IDs going in here. I'm sure some are in that other thread, but I'd imagine it's a pain in the ass to find. I also have no idea which name to give. I think my original Steam name is bankholdup, but the name I'm using now is Tex Ferguson.

It's always great when I'm playing DotA and every once in a great while someone will recognize the name and throw out a Chad 2 Badd reference.

Oh shit, I haven't checked lately, but surely there are SRW edits up by now.

There certainly are, sir.  For starters there's this when searching for Southpaw Regional Wrestling.  http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=564230&searchtext=southpaw+regional+wrestling&childpublishedfileid=0&browsesort=textsearch&section=home

And here's Big Bartholomew.  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=974501607&searchtext=big+bartholomew

And my Steam ID is Nickmdwwe, I'm down with online matches though need to see if it's working better than the times I tried before.