DVDVR Message Board

FIRE PRO WORLD

Craig H

Pretty much. It does seem like most every edit maker, even the top shelf ones, have their strengths and weaknesses in that some will have dead-on appearances but movesets will be off and/or the buttons don't make sense (I'm kind of anal about that, if you can't tell). Or logic won't be touched at all or not all that much. Or those that have fantastic movesets and logic aren't quite as nice in terms of appearance. First world problems. But I put enough of my (relatively ample) spare time into editing a TEW mod and making my own company's workers in Fire Pro that I'll just end up settling for almost all but my favourite wrestlers. 

1 hour ago, Oyaji said:

Pretty much. It does seem like most every edit maker, even the top shelf ones, have their strengths and weaknesses in that some will have dead-on appearances but movesets will be off and/or the buttons don't make sense (I'm kind of anal about that, if you can't tell). Or logic won't be touched at all or not all that much. Or those that have fantastic movesets and logic aren't quite as nice in terms of appearance. First world problems. But I put enough of my (relatively ample) spare time into editing a TEW mod and making my own company's workers in Fire Pro that I'll just end up settling for almost all but my favourite wrestlers. 

I just downloaded my first big group of templates and ran a sim.  Woof.  The move sets on some of these.  I did a new day vs. elite match, I don't know if this guy ever watched WWE when building Kofi's move set.  That being said, incredible detail on the build.  You would think they would put all 3 new days doing a clap appeal.... but nope. 

6 hours ago, Death From Above said:

My roster's near 250. I might have a problem.

I cleared out my roster last night and started fresh, because I'm OCD like that. It took around an hour and some change to do it, because I couldn't find where to delete the save file. At the time, my roster was close to 400, if not slightly above that.

Right now, mine is at 254 and that's only the current rosters for WWE/NXT/HOF, New Japan and All Japan. I haven't even touched NOAH, the international indies or the stateside promotions like ROH, CZW, EVOLVE, etc.

I really wish there was a guide somewhere on the net that tells you what face/heel alignment wrestlers are. I don't follow All Japan, so I haven't got a clue where to put these guys.

6 hours ago, Casey said:

I cleared out my roster last night and started fresh, because I'm OCD like that. It took around an hour and some change to do it, because I couldn't find where to delete the save file. At the time, my roster was close to 400, if not slightly above that.

Right now, mine is at 254 and that's only the current rosters for WWE/NXT/HOF, New Japan and All Japan. I haven't even touched NOAH, the international indies or the stateside promotions like ROH, CZW, EVOLVE, etc.

I really wish there was a guide somewhere on the net that tells you what face/heel alignment wrestlers are. I don't follow All Japan, so I haven't got a clue where to put these guys.

For Japanese promotions, I don't even really bother. My breakdown is WWE heels, WWE faces, WWE legends (retired or deceased WWE, WCW, and ECW dudes), NJPW, NJPW legends (retired or deceased), Other Japan (just because I don't have enough guys from AJPW, NOAH, etc.), Other Japan legends, and Lucha Technicos and Lucha Rudos (really, this should just be Lucha Underground because the Lucha guys I have are all from there). 

I also almost feel like unsubscribing from everything and starting fresh. There's a lot of guys that just stink. I'm not a fan of many of the CAWs that are on the most subscribed list. For example, unless something has changed, that Shibata edit fucking sucks. CM Punk looks like he has Samoa Joe's current hair style, the Braun pales in comparison to the Braun linked to on here, the Big Mike edit is garbage and the name is in Japanese for whatever reason, the Naito one managed to use the correct head and hair and nothing else, and on and on and on.

Still keeping my fingers crossed that some audio edits come along soon. This is apple to oranges, but the one good thing about No Man's Sky (and maybe I should return to that steaming pile of shit to see if it has turned into a diamond or something) is that modding was super easy. You basically took a zipped folder and unzipped it into another folder in the game's directory. That would overwrite audio files, graphics files, etc. What I'm getting at is taking all of the R, D, G, and 6MS audio files because surely someone has them all saved and import those into the game. I'd rather have those sooner than being able to use music for entrance music. 

On 7/15/2017 at 11:30 PM, Death From Above said:

Nobody had done a Kikuchi yet and I wanted him for my All Japan/NOAH section, so I made one: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1060293436

I did my best to try and reproduce that shoulder brace he started wearing. I won't do the AJPW Sun Tights look if I have to half ass it and it looks super weird, so for now just one costume. He's not particularly strong compared to a lot of edits (and he shouldn't be), but the moveset/logic are okay. He lost to Johnny Ace in my test run which is proof enough of jobberdom if you ask me.

The chances of Kikuchi getting a straight fall over Johnny Ace in 90's AJPW were almost zero.

I don't ask for much from this game because it's bringing the goods.  But as of right now I do ask for two things:

1. A definitive list of the best CAWs for a particular wrestler where all relevant aspects are covered.  It seems silly now to ask since it's only been out a week.  But once that gem of a CAW is out there it'd be nice to know who has the best version so we're not wasting our time with shoddy edits.  I'm not expecting it here or elsewhere, but if it happened it'd be pretty nice.

2. This might be added later on, but there's sounds from older games that aren't in this one.  I've been playing a lot as Mr. Pogo in deathmatches and he rules.  But in past games when somebody bleeds there'd be a lady screaming along with some boos.  It'd be so nice to have that back in as it added that extra something to the gruesomeness of slicing a dude open with a sickle.

I swear I do not understand how people decide to create wrestlers.  I saw a flawless Scotty Riggs, but there isn't a single decent Kushida, and not a single Shinjiro Ohtani.  Seriously, Scotty fucking Riggs.

I bought this on Steam over the weekend and picked up the Steam link and controller. I will soon be FPWing in front of my tv on my couch like a civilized person. BRING IT!

• Like 1

I don't think you needed the wonky steam controller to play the game via steam link. But if you have it, might as well try to use it.

And thus far the Dualshock 4 has been great. For some reason I couldn't get it to pair with a Logitech bluetooth dongle I had lying around and instead of shelling out extra cash for another bluetooth dongle, I'm just using a USB cable.

I have tabs for AJPW/NOAH, New Japan, FMW, America, Lucha LIbre, Joshi, MMA, misc/historic/freelance people. I should probably split the US tab too into WWE/F, WCW/Georgia/Florida, ECW. If I really wanted to get anal I could split the AJPW and NJPW into 20th and 21st century tabs but don't really feel like it.

How do you actually delete edits? I've unsubscribed from a bunch of in-retrospect-terrible buyer's remorse ones from the first few days of sale but they're all still there

The lack of any real-world edits has created a bit of a weird economy where none of the new edit makers have any benchmark of what the logic should be like or how many edit points inadvertently turns your Taguchi into Brock Lesnar

5 minutes ago, Firebreaker Chip said:

How do you actually delete edits? I've unsubscribed from a bunch of in-retrospect-terrible buyer's remorse ones from the first few days of sale but they're all still there

The lack of any real-world edits has created a bit of a weird economy where none of the new edit makers have any benchmark of what the logic should be like or how many edit points inadvertently turns your Taguchi into Brock Lesnar

Go to Edits>Steam Workstop>Uninstall Edits.

• Like 1

Yep, it's going to be a while before most get the knack of creating well-rounded edits. Still having fun with what I've got so far but there are moments here and there where I inevitably think "that's not quite right." In due time that'll be less and less the case. 

For my rosters, I went completely ridiculous and have heels/babyfaces + any major stables for each promotion around today that is even partially well known, as well as classic versions for a lot of the bigger promotions. WWE is broken down into eras, and prior to WWE I've got pioneers and then the TV golden age of the '50s. I am a wrestling/Fire Pro dork tho and have issues. I'll probably end up copying edits so there's a version of a wrestler in each of the territories/promotions he/she works.

As an example on the "people getting the hang of it", someone put up a good Koji Kanemoto for look/moves but with basic logic. I edited it myself but don't want to reup it as I'm not sure what community policy on that sort of thing is.

Nobody has made Dick Togo. I might have to bite the bullet and do my best there, though I'm really not the right guy to do this shit. Moveset editing/logic I think I can handle but I'm bad at sorting through like 600 faces and making pants.

How in the world do I grab a weapon from under the ring?

Everything attempt I try with what I assume is the right buttons doesn't work.

Also... how do I drag dudes? 

I have these SAME issues with Fire Pro Returns.... Ugh..

4 minutes ago, Valcourt said:

How in the world do I grab a weapon from under the ring?

Everything attempt I try with what I assume is the right buttons doesn't work.

Also... how do I drag dudes? 

I have these SAME issues with Fire Pro Returns.... Ugh..

Move in the direction of the apron and press run button.  As for drag it'll be the right bumper.  Both apply for Returns, though getting weapons in World is tons easier now.

I'm using keyboard, so what would the bumper button be?

Also, when you say move in the direction of the apron, should I be pushing Up if i'm down by the WWE style commentor tables? Or Diagonal up? If that makes sense?