DVDVR Message Board

FIRE PRO WORLD

Craig H

The menuing would be significantly better if the models didn't load in so slowly individually. I'm not sure why it's as slow as it is, but if you go to reorganize tabs of downloads it is a bit hairy. It would help tremendously if mouse support was added for more rapid navigation.

Nice to see Akira Hokuto go up last night. We're getting close already to the point where most major stars from when I actually watched have either a workable version or a decent model you can try to fix. Speaking of which, is there a harder logic to make not suck than Ric Flair? The thing is he never wrestles in games like he does in real life because "get the shit beat out of you for 25 minutes then win with your foot on the ropes" doesn't actually work in games so you kind of have to work around that. When you think about it, it's like all video game versions of Flair have this sort of commonly accepted alter-ego, but even getting those right isn't easy. I wasn't happy with how any of the Flair's that have Flair's actual moves do so I just took the best of the bunch visually to me, and started working on my own from there, and he was really tough to get into a state I was happy with.

• Like 1

Had a great deal of fun as big Muscle Meltzer this morning beating the shit out of Donald Trump in a barbed wire match. Yeah, the rating for that was really low too even though we both bled and it went a decent chunk of time.

Finally have my promotion/stable stuff sorted for the most part. Took forever, but I'll be able to flesh out all the different promotions with the awesome edits that are being created.

23 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

Pentagon also uses it.  A lot.

Easy way to beat that "let the partner escape first" mission -

Whip one of your opponents onto the apron at the beginning of the match.  The logic makes them always climb after that.  Let them go.

Double team the shit out of the other guy

Let your partner escape first then leave.

You're really doing the Lord's work here

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oyaji said:

Had a great deal of fun as big Muscle Meltzer this morning beating the shit out of Donald Trump in a barbed wire match. Yeah, the rating for that was really low too even though we both bled and it went a decent chunk of time.

Should've fought in Japan. You would've gotten a better rating. 

• Like 4

I'm still bitter about that shyit. Never forget.

Oh, yeah. Everybody go download Hellboy's BRAAAAUUUUN. I don't know why he doesn't use the official Braun head, but the pants are the closest I've seen yet.

FajCEXB.png

If anybody wants to play some online (I have no idea how to do this yet, I've yet to try), my steam name is ensign_ricky (not swayze_express).

• Like 1

Nobody had done a Kikuchi yet and I wanted him for my All Japan/NOAH section, so I made one: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1060293436

I did my best to try and reproduce that shoulder brace he started wearing. I won't do the AJPW Sun Tights look if I have to half ass it and it looks super weird, so for now just one costume. He's not particularly strong compared to a lot of edits (and he shouldn't be), but the moveset/logic are okay. He lost to Johnny Ace in my test run which is proof enough of jobberdom if you ask me.

I've been running tournaments all day for various rosters and their respective championships (classic WWF, 90s WWF/WCW/ECW, NWA, New Japan, All Japan, UFC/MMA, current WWE). I'm having such a blast doing this shit. Once I get 8 title holders, I'm running another tournament to crown an over all champion. I also did an all-inclusive 32 female tournament, which ranged from having Bayley to Aja Kong to LuFisto to ZOYA THE DESTROYA. Awesome Kong ended up winning that one.

I'm having a weird problem where certain wrestlers won't appear as they should during tournaments, though. Steve Austin was a generic white dude with blonde hair (no, it wasn't a Stunning Steve edit), and Hiroshi Tanahashi was a generic bald white guy. But I just ran a singles match with Tanahashi to test it, and he appears as he should. Weird.

EDIT: And that test match turned out to be one of my best matches I've had yet - 87%, 15 minute draw with Dynamite Kid.

• Like 1

I haven't seen that glitch yet but I'm only just getting into leagues/tournaments. I did have a bug where I deleted one promotion and it threw the majority of my promotional/stable structure out of whack. Took about an hour to fix, so tread carefully for the time being with that shit.

@Death From Above, Kikuchi's rising sun ass design should be one of the layers for the waist. It's one of the few options for tights that's an actual design. I really hope they do some additional layer parts during the early access stage of the game. Never can have enough layer designs, heads, or moves.

7 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

I haven't seen that glitch yet but I'm only just getting into leagues/tournaments. I did have a bug where I deleted one promotion and it threw the majority of my promotional/stable structure out of whack. Took about an hour to fix, so tread carefully for the time being with that shit.

@Death From Above, Kikuchi's rising sun ass design should be one of the layers for the waist. It's one of the few options for tights that's an actual design. I really hope they do some additional layer parts during the early access stage of the game. Never can have enough layer designs, heads, or moves.

It's weird, I just did a final tournament between all 8 of my champions, and Tanahashi was in it, and he appeared just fine. Must have been a random glitch or something. In case anyone is wondering, Andre the Giant (WWF 80s Champ) beat Super Dragon (SuperIndy Champ) in the finals of that tournament - which also had Vader, Scott Steiner, Tanahashi, Dr. Death, AJ Styles and Balls Mahoney.

Oh, and I accidentally deleted a promotion like you did. Luckily, it just folds the stables into the promotion below it, so it's easy to tell which it belongs to. I have most of my promotions like this: New Japan > Faces/Heels. I have WWE set to have the stables as RAW/SD/NXT/205, and my Independent promotion is separated into US/Mexico/Japan/GLOW/CZW currently.

Of interest to @Tromatagon, his Pentagon edit made it to the finals of my 32 person SuperIndy tournament but fell victim to a Burning Hammer onto a chair by Super Dragon.

I thought the same about online play.

For subscribed wrestlers, if there is an update made to them, like the one you made to Pentagon, will I get that update on my next start?

The only thing that sucks is, if you need to say, tweak or rename something you download, it becomes your edit and you won't get any updates (so if I rename a Japanese edit I'll never get that update)

It makes sense though.  Otherwise it'd just write over your stuff every time.

Someone uploaded a Danshoku Dino and forgot to make him gay.

Like seriously, why are you making Dino if he's only going to molest female wrestlers?

Luckily, there's another one that is as gay as the day is long, baby.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

It does suck. I'm updating a really accurate looking Ambrose because the moveset was awful (having superfluous pins, not using the new Dirty Deeds, etc.).

The good thing about it though is when lazy people make a wrestler but don't do the logic at least if you are so inclined you can fix those, though honestly edits are pouring out so fast you can usually just wait a day.