DVDVR Message Board

FIRE PRO WORLD

Craig H

I have 145 edits and people haven't even gotten serious yet about releasing roster/era packs of any kind.

It was worth digging through the tag based search "Japan" because I found a couple of guys with names written in, get this, Japanese only, that regular searches wouldn't catch such as Shiro Koshinaka (always thought he was an underrated dude), Fuyuki, and a Rikidozan.

Weirdest current absence seems to be Takada. UWF-i in general seems pretty much nonexistant yet, come to think of it.

So here's the easy way I figured out to hit that cage dive-

Beat up the guy pretty bad

Whip him into the corner

Hit your running big move, which is a back elbow.  AS HE'S STAGGERING out of the corner, start climbing.  He lands just far enough out that you can connect with the legdrop across his legs.  

• Like 2

I finally got by it by dragging the match out much longer than it seems like it should need. Like 5+ extra minutes from what I was trying before. Eventually guys seem to recover slower based at least partially on time passed? It is kinda weird that medium moves seem to keep people down a bit longer than strong. Anyway, at the end of the day no harm done.

There was just a patch. In the notes it says some edits were getting way too many points to use and might need redistributing, but it doesn't look like either of mine were affected that I can see.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

It also fixed the four costumes for downloaded guys and might have added the sling blade.

giphy.gif

Fuck yeah. Can't believe that wasn't in there before release. Only the real glaring omission.

Pentagon also uses it.  A lot.

Easy way to beat that "let the partner escape first" mission -

Whip one of your opponents onto the apron at the beginning of the match.  The logic makes them always climb after that.  Let them go.

Double team the shit out of the other guy

Let your partner escape first then leave.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

Pentagon also uses it.  A lot.

Easy way to beat that "let the partner escape first" mission -

Whip one of your opponents onto the apron at the beginning of the match.  The logic makes them always climb after that.  Let them go.

Double team the shit out of the other guy

Let your partner escape first then leave.

This seems like a tactic that in real life would only ever fool the team of Sting and Lex Luger, but would fool them every single time.

• Like 7

I'm pretty sure there isn't yet but does anyone know if it's possible to change the match type if you create your own room?  I was just playing a friend and it wouldn't let us switch from deathmatch.  I figure that's something that may be added later.

He's got some arm breakery stuff in there, but I didn't make it his critical move since he uses the package piledriver everywhere, and just does the arm breaking shit in LU and this is kind of an all-around version.

I had to unlock so many of his signature moves.

He also makes use of the Sling Blade - it's under running grapples if you wanted to check out the new move they added with this last patch.

• Like 1

I saw it when I went to the Workshop on Steam, grabbed it immediately. I knew it was @Tromatagon from the edit description :P That's easily the best Pentagon I've seen, good work.

EDIT: Today is a glorious day. Casey #1 drops his Pentagon edit, and now this.

• Like 1

I've seen a few Lucha Underground edits which is good because a guy like Mil Muertes makes for all kinds of super weird interesting matchups.

Really is the worst of them though I had trouble with about 5 overall.

Just had a raaad match between Ahmed Johnson and Hiromu Takahashi. God bless Fire Pro.

I had a Mr. Pogo vs. Chris Jericho match earlier today that nearly had me laughing out loud. It's just not right, in the best way.

From my experience, it's all about going into Brian Cage mode. Get your shit in (all of your signatures/finisher), get some 2.9s, give your opponent just enough, and send 'em home. Generally, the longer the match goes, the better too.

I hope they add in shoulder button support for going through your roster (triggers change promotions, bumpers change factions within said promotions), as once our rosters get ridiculously deep they are going to be a pain in the ass to navigate. A ctrl+F search function would be a nice touch as well. I'm going to make a list of suggestions and post them over at the Steam discussion board because that's apparently where the English member of their team looks for stuff other than Twitter. He said the Steam boards were best because it's easier to find content. I'm mostly thinking of the pragmatic, realistic stuff. Like ambulance matches and Roman Reigns mission mode.

• Like 1