DVDVR Message Board

FIRE PRO WORLD

Craig H

Looking at steam spy, it looks like the game did big numbers yesterday, which is surprising and great. Went from ~2000 to ~8000 in sales, though there's a huge variance attached to both. It would be fantastic if they could get some mainstream gamer success because of the crazy shit you can run like in the Kotaku article. 

• Like 1

I think the global sales for Returns were under 100k and they took a bath on that game, so here's to hoping these numbers keep up.  I mean, shit, this is just people with PCs that can run this game.  The PS4 numbers should be pretty good

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Looking at steam spy, it looks like the game did big numbers yesterday, which is surprising and great. Went from ~2000 to ~8000 in sales, though there's a huge variance attached to both. It would be fantastic if they could get some mainstream gamer success because of the crazy shit you can run like in the Kotaku article. 

I think it's also up to fans like us to get word out there as well.  I'm not a PC/Steam player, but I certainly know a few who are wrestling fans.  If I can get them to either try it now or when it's out for PS4 it'd certainly help.   Just having them go on Steam Workshop to see what's available would do wonders to show what's possible.

And without much effort I got a co-worker to get it and he's not even a wrestling fan!  The idea of having He-man and Skeletor duke it out in a deathmatch was too good for him to pass up.

I swear I saw an Aja Kong...

In any event, I had a hell of a match with me playing Samoa Joe vs Goldberg. The only problem was that something was off with the Goldberg logic. He had no top rope moves, would go to try to climb the turnbuckle, and immediately fall down. That and he would never go for the pin. He went for the pin at before 15 minutes with a Jackhammer and didn't bust out the Jackhammer again until after the 30 minute mark.

I also fucking love getting a Critical. That love never changes. I hit a GTS on someone, I forget who, and got a Critical on it. It was after a decently long-ish battle.

• Like 1

Shit yeah, though I think it's understating how jacked Big Dave really is. Dream team of Kitamura and Da Meltz. 

Crtitical is love. Critical is life. 

The main problem with all of these edits is you don't know what kind of quality you're getting unless you're familiar with the author. Lots of questionable logic (the worst. Goldberg should never climb the ropes), move sets, and button assignments. Still, with that bitching out of the way, I had a boss 20 minute match with Lorcan and Rusev. Love this game to bits. 

Edit: forgot to mention that Director Matsumoto tweeted that we're getting a patch in the next day or so. Sounds like online and logic issues but that's just using twitter translation. 

Edited by Oyaji

Is there a way to remove edits from the retired list completely? I have some edits of people like EVIL, Okada, Ishii, Suzuki, etc. that I have better versions of that are currently being used, and I'd like them to be gone from my retired list so I don't have to skip over a handful of people to get to my new edits that I download. Plus I'm OCD and it's totally annoying.

I've tried unsubscribing but that doesn't seem to remove them from my game?

@Oyaji and @Tromatagon have been a tremendous help in the past day, thanks guys :) Speaking of the other Casey... how's that Penta el Zero M coming along? There was one posted in the Workshop, but I didn't download it since you didn't announce you had published yours yet. I got Drago, Rey Rey, Mundo, Mil Muertes, Sexy Star (-_-)... I need to break some people's arms!

tumblr_nu5s3hzOxb1sbzhteo1_400.gif

The great thing about Fire Pro is that the community is generally pretty helpful and open. I know I couldn't have gotten into FPD on Dreamcast if it weren't for the helpful guides and the assistance of others.

Somebody was working on a pretty choice ninja version of Pentagon Jr. that looked good, but not quite as good as Casey's. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Death From Above said:

How has nobody made an Aja Kong edit yet? Bunch of heathens.

Problem solved: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=975169199

I'm pretty happy with it, though the CPU tends to ignore the trademark top rope elbow more than I'd like. May try to tweak that later, but it's good.

Just a heads up for everyone out there, but the thing I've noticed this go-round is that some of the Personality settings in the CPU Logic seem INCREDIBLY extreme now. Like, Flexibility was kind of throwaway in FPR, but now it's no fucking joke. Put the flexibility too high and it's like you might as well not have made CPU logic. Same thing to a lesser extent with discretion, but the Flexibility thing is a bigger problem thanks to the kind of currently befuddling inability to make certain moves blank (like the top rope moves or the dives) like you used to be able to.

So remember, if you're making wrestlers this go round, keep this in mind:
-High Entertainment
-Low Discretion (around 20-50. For a WWE metaphor, 20 : Rusev :: 50 : Miz)
-BE CAREFUL with Flexibility. The way I've been thinking about it is, you can use Flexibility to represent age and experience. So like, someone who's young and doing a bunch of shit (pick an indie guy) would have high flexibility because they're prone to do anything whenever to get a reaction/win a match. For contrast, a guy like Christian works on a very specific formula. Start here, go here, go here, end here. Or someone like Big Show, who occasionally varies what he does, but most of the time when you watch a Big Show match, you get a Big Show match.

and just as another tip, if you want something to cross reference to figure out logic, you can load in the preset wrestlers and take a look at what they're prioritizing to get the results you see. That's how I figured out the discretion thing, because I went "what is happening here" and loaded up the shoot fighter characters and sure enough their discretion is all like 80.

• Like 2

I was kind of holding out to see if I unlocked a package piledriver before finishing Pentagon off, since he's gonna need headdroppy stuff since the armbreaky stuff doesn't work as great as anyone would like.

There's an okay arm submission where you just stradle the arm and pull it up through the legs that almost looks like the armbreaker, if it criticals, even better.

1 hour ago, Tromatagon said:

I was kind of holding out to see if I unlocked a package piledriver before finishing Pentagon off, since he's gonna need headdroppy stuff since the armbreaky stuff doesn't work as great as anyone would like.

There's an okay arm submission where you just stradle the arm and pull it up through the legs that almost looks like the armbreaker, if it criticals, even better.

I thought I read the package piledriver was in. 

And the above match needs one more entrant... KRONE METZLER! 

• Thanks 1

I'll try when I get back from work tomorrow morning. I finally got all my edits organized into promotions, so I'm happy with that. Killed about 25 minutes by doing Akiyama/Nagata and Dunne/Chuckie T matches just now... Ugh, I really wish I could take my laptop into work. I won't be doing anything tonight anyway.. :(

Somewhat nitpicky, but you can't edit something that you download right now.  Have to create a new wrestler using the downloaded one as a template.  Sucks because I only wanted to englishfy a couple names (mostly Jae's DGate stuff.), and fix some move sets that are a little off (Okada having Bryan kicks despite never doing them, while missing a seated dropkick), and rename finishers (Tanahashi has the Hi Fly Flow but it's not named as such, no the Goto I found's Shoten-Kai).  Other than that, getting everyone in the right space and getting all the rosters sorted out is time consuming.  It felt like it moved faster and was more intuitive in R than this.

Hell, I'd love Returns roster management back period.

1 hour ago, Oyaji said:

I thought I read the package piledriver was in. 

And the above match needs one more entrant... KRONE METZLER! 

The package piledriver is indeed in the game. The KO I downloaded has it and it's the actual package piledriver and not the shitty one in WWE. It does have a really weird name though.