DVDVR Message Board

FIRE PRO WORLD

Craig H

MR. COBRA is the best original guy. Green mist, Dory Funk Jr. head, dresses like Chucky Pancamo, and makes the perfect Lex Luger "BOH!" sound. Any Luger edit without that sound is a failure imo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oyaji said:

MR. COBRA is the best original guy. Green mist, Dory Funk Jr. head, dresses like Chucky Pancamo, and makes the perfect Lex Luger "BOH!" sound. Any Luger edit without that sound is a failure imo.

I tried to powerbomb him and he counters it by poking you in the eye so he's my kind of guy.

I fucking marked out so hard when I saw my first epic strike exchange in the game. My opponent hulked up and hit me with a shoulder tackle, sending me down. I thought it was all over but how wrong was I? My guy got up (I think he did a taunt, so awesome i forget) and hit my opponent with his strong strike and collapsed. Incredible.

Another big change I've noticed so far is submissions. No longer do you just get one or two tugs (lol) early on. And later on in match, it's very likely if you do get a submission it's not the instant tap out like in 99% of the submission victories of bygone Fire Pros. Huge improvement. I haven't noticed the CPU go for the ropes but I'm just fucking around in mission mode so far. Any idea of how many missions there are?

In summation:

I'm stuck on the "win with a flying move from inside the ring to outside the ring" mission. EDIT: I won a match by count out then did a move after that and it still counted, that is probably a bug? Fuck it, I am taking it.

Also, no achievements in single player I guess?

21 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

I'm stuck on the "win with a flying move from inside the ring to outside the ring" mission. EDIT: I won a match by count out then did a move after that and it still counted, that is probably a bug? Fuck it, I am taking it.

Also, no achievements in single player I guess?

They don't ding right away, but soon as I closed out, I had 11 acheivements ding, and you can earn some of them in mission mode.  And yeah, I think that mission counts any dive landed clears the condition.

There's an acheivement for 50 missions cleared and that's not the final mission acheivment, so it looks like there's a ton.  *AND*, they unlock moves, so doing missions works.  I'm up to the "Use a weapon" mission.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I love the game a ton so far, but at the risk of asking a dumb question how do I bring the subscribed workshop edits into the game? I tried restarting the game with no luck. 

They automatically go into Retired in the Edit section, so you have to manually move them over after you bring them in.

• Like 1

You are doing the SML, right?  Anything else doesn't count (It says "Perfect" when you actually hit it).  I got caught with that with the corner grapples.

2 minutes ago, J.H. said:

hmmm... I did like 10 in a row and it just keps going

James

14 minutes ago, Raziel403 said:

They automatically go into Retired in the Edit section, so you have to manually move them over after you bring them in.

Thanks.  I hope there's a way to download all wrestlers instead of one by one, but as long as there's a way to get them it's all good with me.  I also need to see if it's possible to add them just to a promotion and not have to create a team to add them.  It was oddly the only way to do that.

And Mr. Cobra is beyond fantastic in deathmatches.  I've been having way too much fun playing as him.

Editing thing I don't understand how to do. Using keyboard only, when you go to the wrestler voice section it says "press X to preview" or something, but this doesn't do anything for me. I can't find a keyboard stroke for it anywhere.

Other than that I don't really have a day one early access complaint. It's in way better shape than that piece of shit Xbox WWF game that I still have nightmares about, already.

7 hours ago, Raziel403 said:

You are doing the SML, right?  Anything else doesn't count (It says "Perfect" when you actually hit it).  I got caught with that with the corner grapples.

and that was my downfall!

I messed up my SML and MED assignment on my keyboard because, y'know stupidity

Crusing along right now though I can't switch Exhibition Mode from COM to P1 control

James

2 hours ago, J.H. said:

and that was my downfall!

I messed up my SML and MED assignment on my keyboard because, y'know stupidity

Crusing along right now though I can't switch Exhibition Mode from COM to P1 control

James

Pick the wrestlers, then select the CP for the wrestler/wrestlers you want to control (like to the left and right of the box with their names) select that, then pick P1

Anyone look at the logic settings?  If I pick the game up, it will be the PS4 version.  Not too fussed about the gradients, though I wish they had left that in.  So long as logic is at least as deep as FPR, I'll be happy.  Is personality logic about the same?  I heard there will still only three slots for priority logic.  Can you chain the first move to anything besides a ground move?