DVDVR Message Board

FIRE PRO WORLD

Craig H

Twitch stream showing off edit mode. I saw a Skull Crushing Finale and a Cross Roads when he was going through the back grapples, in addition to the byooo-teee-ful Skull Ending that was tweeted out earlier.

You can copy and paste colours in edit mode, which is great.

I've never been that deep in the Fire Pro community, is it likely we'll see a lot of historical period edits down the road? My wrestling interest really drops from manic into part time at most as time goes on but I'd love to be able to sit back, wait a few months, and grab "all those guys you liked in 1994" or whatever.

Yeah, there were a ton of classic packs for FPR.  One pack I had had not only a bunch of current guys, but several different past WWF and WCW rosters. 

Just thought I'd check in one last time before the stream tomorrow. Here's the complete list of Fire Pro games I'm going to be throwing my face into.

1. Fire Pro Wrestling Combination Tag
2. Fire Pro Wrestling 2nd Bout
3. Super Fire Pro Wrestling
4. Thunder Pro Wrestling Retsuden
5. Fire Pro Wrestling 3: Legend Bout
6. Super Fire Pro Wrestling 2
7. Super Fire Pro Wrestling 3 Final Bout
8. Fire Pro Women: All Star Dream Slam
9. Super Fire Pro Wrestling Special
10. Fire Pro Gaiden: Blazing Tornado
11. Super Fire Pro Wrestling: Queen's Special
12. Super Fire Pro Wrestling X
13. Super Fire Pro Wrestling X Premium
14. Fire Prowrestling S: 6Men Scramble
15. Fire Pro Wrestling G
16. Fire Pro Wrestling D

Unfortunately, I couldn't find a working version of the PC-Engine AJW Vs. JWP licensed game.

Also unfortunately, I would rather slam my hand in a door than play Iron Slam '96.

I still need to do some tests so I won't link the channel just yet, but it made a total fucking gibberish username that I can't change in time for tomorrow, so it's not like you could find it if you tried. Apart from that, everything appears to be in complete working order. See you tomorrow afternoon!

I'd love to know if this'll run on my laptop, but systemrequirementslab.com doesn't really help me much. It says my CPU is a Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM, but the minimum requirement is an i5? :(

10 AM Japan time release on the 11th. So 6 PM on the 10th for us on the west coast. 

Casey, i7s are pretty new and high end. If that's accurate you should be fine. You can always just try it and if it doesn't work, you can ask for your money back so long as you do it relatively quickly and stop playing the game. 

• Like 1

Yeah, it's an i7. It's my Dad's old laptop, so it makes sense it's "high end" because he's a computer geek. :P

Anyone know of a good PC/laptop controller? Should I just get the Steam one? This releases on my birthday, and I'll be at work all week at night so I won't be able to enjoy it until next weekend anyway. But going ahead and getting a controller is probably a good idea. I refuse to play any game on a laptop/desktop with just the keyboard and mouse.

You'll probably want to use keyboard and mouse for menus and editing and such. If you have a 360 controller, you can use that with an adapter for PC. You can get PS4/3 controllers working on PCs these days. I like the Xbone controllers, but they're expensive and also require a dongle.

Same. Sounds pretty tedious but it's a return to form, as up until Returns, you'd have to go through a single player mode to unlock edit points. 

NICE! Cross-posting from Jason Blackhart (how didn't this guy get an early copy?!) over at FPWarena:

I saw where Hoss Freeman had a title match in a battle royal (single-elimination "Fatal Four Way" rules, in this case), so it looks like titles aren't limited to a specific type of match anymore.

And while the champion doesn't come out with a title belt, during their intro, it shows "[Whatever Title] Champion" where the nickname usually goes.

22 minutes ago, Casey said:

Anyone know of a good PC/laptop controller? Should I just get the Steam one? This releases on my birthday, and I'll be at work all week at night so I won't be able to enjoy it until next weekend anyway. But going ahead and getting a controller is probably a good idea. I refuse to play any game on a laptop/desktop with just the keyboard and mouse.

I use a Logitech  F310.  It's got a layout identical to a PS3 Dual Shock but no rumble, and runs US$20.  

4 hours ago, Casey said:

I'd love to know if this'll run on my laptop, but systemrequirementslab.com doesn't really help me much. It says my CPU is a Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM, but the minimum requirement is an i5? :(

System requirements lab sucks at detecting stuff.  You also need 512MB of VRAM which you might have to mess with software settings like I did to get working.  My laptop defaulted to 128MB and some go even lower.

On 7/7/2017 at 3:38 PM, Death From Above said:

I've never been that deep in the Fire Pro community, is it likely we'll see a lot of historical period edits down the road? My wrestling interest really drops from manic into part time at most as time goes on but I'd love to be able to sit back, wait a few months, and grab "all those guys you liked in 1994" or whatever.

Just to reiterate what is coming waaaay down the road: DJKM's packs. That's just one user, granted the most prolific user, and he'll be able to create Steam Workshop collections where his packs or one big pack is all you have to subscribe to and the edits will automatically update for you. This really is incredible. He's got a google spreadsheet on there that has every single edit he's created. The mind boggles. He's already starting to create some current indie workers.

And with the RGB numbers input, we can get exact colour matches for edit appearances now too. Hopefully they bring back gradients (not that I use them all that often). Regardless, between the sharing options and all the layers and now head options this is the ultimate FP creation suite. I'm hoping down the line they either give us access to their creation programs or somebody in the community (Jason Blackhart?) creates mods where we can inject our own clothing accessories/heads into the game. If we had something that allowed us to input custom appearances and moves, Fire Pro would never go out of date. Obviously this is incredibly unlikely to ever happen, but I can dream, dammit.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Oyaji said:

Just to reiterate what is coming waaaay down the road: DJKM's packs. That's just one user, granted the most prolific user, and he'll be able to create Steam Workshop collections where his packs or one big pack is all you have to subscribe to and the edits will automatically update for you. This really is incredible. He's got a google spreadsheet on there that has every single edit he's created. The mind boggles. He's already starting to create some current indie workers.

The ease of the Steam Workshop "subscribe and forget about it" format really is amazing. I wrote about this at the time, but being able to fix Star Wars KoToR II by pressing One Green Button for the unofficial patch and finally being able to experience the game very close to how it was intended to be played was truly a cathartic gaming experience for me. If the format will actually allow for whole wrestler pack upgrades here, whoa nelly.