DVDVR Message Board

FIRE PRO WORLD

Craig H

2 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

Nonononono dude I strongly disagree

Elimination tag matches

Fucking revolutionary.  My favorite Fire Pro match type ever.  They should have called it Firepro 8 Man Elimination or something as a throwback to 6 Man Scramble

Wow. I can't believe I totally slept on that. Yes, you're right. Going from just 4 players on the DC to EIGHT on the PS2 was fucking awesome. I like your name suggestion too.

FPR was a huge win for me, not only because it was on PS2 but for the elimination tag matches.  I spent so much time dicking around with WWE vs ROH or TNA tag matches and they were glorious.

I'm very tempted to take off on 7/11 because Fire Pro.  I imagine the release date's for both Steam and PS4, right?  And have they said anything about whether creations are cross platform?  I'd love if what's available on Steam (not mods, just regular edits) is also available on PS4.  If it's separate then so be it.

4 minutes ago, Raziel403 said:

7/11 is just Steam Early Access.  No date on PS4  yet, as it'll probably be the same time the Steam Version goes Full Version

I should have read that again before asking.  Thanks.  But I'll take early access.

Still want to know about the edits being cross-platform though, hopefully we'll find out soon enough.

It sounds like most of the better edit makers at Fire Pro Arena are going the PC route. I believe the English FPW twitter account said there would be something resembling steam workshop on PS4 but whether or not they get access to the PC content is unknown. I'm guessing it would take a lot of resources to make that work, probably resources they'll spend elsewhere. 

Well, in that case I better work on my computer so it holds up, it can be dodgy at times when it comes to playing games.  But I'm sure somebody will find a way to transfer PC edits to PS4, can't be that hard to do.

So...how would one play local 8-player Fire Pro on their computer? I'm guessing we won't all be able to just use our PS4 controllers, but if we go the 360 controller route, do we just connect those via USB hubs? If we can connect that many controllers via Bluetooth, would that potentially bog things down? I guess the same question applies if we're all connected via USB using the 360 controllers.

15 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Well, in that case I better work on my computer so it holds up, it can be dodgy at times when it comes to playing games.  But I'm sure somebody will find a way to transfer PC edits to PS4, can't be that hard to do.

There's a site that tells you if stuff can run on your computer, but it's wrong a lot.  Like it told me I couldn't even run Broforce, and I totally can run Broforce. Broforce rules.  

It says I can't run Firepro, but I think I should be able to - I mean, I can emulate the PS4 version nicely, and 2D games never give me a problem.  

I guess the answer is to download it on Steam and then get a refund really quick if it doesn't run.  Not sure if that works with early access but I think it does.

• Like 1

Systemrequirementslab is hit or miss.  It's pretty accurate most of the time, but it tells me I can play REmake and Strider fine on my PC, and it doesn't run that great.  However, the specs for FirePro are pretty on the low end of mid range, so most PC's under 3 years old should be fine.

Craig: The problem for multiple controllers is I think it's topped off at 4 locally.  I've never tried more than 3 at a time, but I know the Blue Tooth is pretty much at 4 active devices.  Wired might be limited by software.  XBox controllers and the drivers tap out at 4.  You might need other controllers (Logitech is pretty decent and inexpensive.)

• Like 1

A brief blog entry on edit mode and workshop! Big takeaway is that you can tweak downloaded edits and they aren't locked. With workshop, uploaders can include revision notes too. So great. And like with all workshop mods, they automatically update.

Better yet:

Edit space on PC is only limited to the free space on your HD! Endless edits for everybody!

The switch in how they handle layers is splitting opinion. We now get 9 layers and layers that used to be all one piece are broken up, like with the shoe in the dev post, but they've moved away from gradients. I know some of the more accurate looking edits had extensive use of gradients. They sound like they're open to ideas though so we may get the best of both worlds. Ideally, you'd have a choice to use a single colour OR a gradient.

As long as we have unlimited slots I don't give a fuck if they give us 16 total colours to choose from.

I'm not even going to play the game, you understand. Just use the editor. Like some sort of demented Football Manager player who tweaks rosters more then he plays, but with wrestling.

• Like 1

I played Fire Pro Returns like a fiend and was spending so much time editing wrestler's behavior so they would wrestle like the real thing. I was getting pretty good at it then my my son who was 5 at the time erased my goddamn memory card data. Nothing was the same after that. I just couldn't play the game any more after losing all that data. 

I could see myself beginning again with this game.

Fine, 971 confirmed. This is definitely a niche thing though.Fire Pro Returns sold really badly if I recall, so hopefully this does better or has a much lower margin for profit.

I don't really think FPR's sales will be any indicator of how this game will do. Fire Pro Returns was only on PS2, and came out in America after the PS3 was out (and towards the end of the PS2 cycle in Japan). There was no Steam (having online multiplayer is huge), which is obviously wildly popular today, social media was far less of a tool back then for promotion, and it pretty much slid under the radar as a weird budget game. I don't remember hearing a whole lot about it, I only know about it because I was already into wrestling games and the series. That isn't to say I think it will be on the Top 10 sellers list, but it is positioned to do much better than FPR did.

EDIT: Also, for casual buyers, it really needed a better cover. If you knew nothing about Fire Pro, it looked like a cartoon game.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2017 at 9:58 PM, Tromatagon said:

The only move anyone does in the last 8 years is a fucking superkick anyway

Fucking lungblowers man.

You know how maddening it is for a CAW-a-holic like me that Firepro Returns doesn't have any lungblowers and like half the wrestlers on the planet use that move? 

• Like 1

Yeah, my favorite wrestler has none of his moves in the game, basically, and the WWE games even have Penta's arm breaker in them, like you can do a 100% accurate moveset for him in those games.  But I'd rather be playing Firepro.

They've been doing developer blogs, and the latest talks about the revamped wrestler edit, and I CAN MAKE EVERY PAIR OF ONITSUKA TIGERS IVE EVER OWNED BABY

https://fireproworld.com/2017/06/27/dev-blog-2-edit-mode-workshop/