DVDVR Message Board

FIRE PRO WORLD

Craig H

I hope they make some definitive tweaks to the match engine. I've been playing both R and D the last few days and I remember no selling but not to the extent it actually happens after finishers and the like. That was one of my main issues with the series. It played out more like a war of attrition with wrestlers going back and forth until one got a slight advantage rather than a wrestling match with clear control segments. Wrestlers staying down longer from high impact moves would help with that and make matches last longer in a more organic way than always having Joe Higuchi as the referee. Still so much fun though. 

Best case scenario for the longevity of the game is they release a creation suite for the game and mods work on both platforms a la Skyrim. However, I doubt that's going to happen, so it would be fantastic if people like Jason Blackhart could create a tool for move creation and adding in edit appearances. The game would never be out of date. 

Okay, now that's pretty cool.  And if this Fire Pro turns into a No Man's Sky situation i might have one helluva conniption fit to say the least.  I highly doubt it though and still have high hopes on this being tremendous.

• Like 2

Just to clarify, it's not interference but the ability to perform a running slide in so you can now recreate every Japanese match of the past 5 years or so and slide in at 19. I would've thought run-ins were too American a feature to add to Fire Pro in the past but with New Japan featuring so many interference spots, I wouldn't be surprised if it's an option now.

Unless the new coding is the shits, I'm not sure how you screw up a Fire Pro game. Z was the worst one I've played and it was still a Fire Pro game through and through. Would be hilariously depressing if you could only use the defaults online though. 

I said it before, the coding is my biggest concern. When this was announced I figured that they got the engine, but then you read that they tried making this already and had to reverse engineer the coding. That didn't work so they scrapped it and tried again. What made it work any better on this go around? Given how much Silicon Valley I watched, I should know better when asking that and maybe it's a case where on the second time around they figured something out that they didn't the first time.

The first time they didn't start from scratch and reverse engineer shit. The first time they were just trying to fix the messy "special sauce" stuff from the designer who died a while back. There certainly could be issues with it,and thankfully they'll have strong community feedback on bugs at least from the English community (I'm still not wholly convinced they're really listening to the English fans. It could just be the English twitter account paying lip service.) during the early access period.

So excited to try this out. I'm a fire pro nut from the G days - buying a spring to put in my Playstation so we could load the game. Printing reams of paper to translate every screen .I bought Fire Pro Returns and my kid went nuts over it. When I finally broke down and bought him a PS4(been rocking a PS2 for over a decade now) I was sad because it meant we probably wouldn't be playing Returns any more. Now we can. I'm a little bummed about no preloaded Dick Slenders or other wacky stuff, but the create a character is my favorite. I would spend hours fucking with the AI stuff so characters would behave like the wrestler. There's a weird satisfaction that comes from going through all that insane trouble, fine tuning it over and over, and finally going, "Oh shit he just did the sequence of moves like Kurt Angle would."

On 3/9/2017 at 5:29 PM, Tromatagon said:

GBA named Shane McMahon "JUNK BASTARD" in the English version, though

And now that's the only name I'll call him.

• 3 weeks later...

It's been slow the last few weeks. There were tweets from a developer about debugging online play and later that he's in "crunch mode". 

Oh, and wrestlers apparently react to bleeding their own blood:

C75zExhVsAAMAEU.jpg

25 minutes ago, Playa Shunna Ver 3.0 said:

Me too.  I was disappointed when there was only a pic of Chono wearing Kawada's Hustle pants holding his head.  

After the pie-eating contest was over.

• Like 1

Slowly a sound started to build in Violence Kouno's stomach. A strange and scary sound like a log-truck coming at you at a hundred miles an hour. Suddenly, Violence Kouno opened his mouth. And before Junk Bastard knew it, he was covered with five pies worth of used blueberries. The women in the audience screamed. Cyborg Police Micro Propolis took one look at Junk Bastard and barfed on Steam Odin. Steam Odin barfed on the lumberjack that was sitting next to him. Neverland Roach barfed on his wife's tits. But when the smell hit the crowd, that's when Violence Kuono's plan really started to work. Girlfriends barfed on boyfriends. Kids barfed on their parents. A fat lady barfed in her purse. The Pirate-twins barfed on each other. And the women's auxiliary barfed all over the BO-MIXER. And Violence Kuono just sat back and enjoyed what he created. A complete and total Barf-A-Rama.

• Like 17

At the very least, I'm actually going through figuring out how I want to seperate the rosters make a list of guys I either want to make myself or grab when they become available.

I'm not sure if I want to split by Promotions, or go further and go the AKI/Yukes route of seperating by stable as well.

I know the roster is pretty much unlimited, but did they set a limit on "Promotions" and rings?

Going back to the disappointment over the minimal roster, we're going to miss out on the crazy names they would cook up for all of the wrestlers that would be new to the game. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...