DVDVR Message Board

FIRE PRO WORLD

Craig H

It'll be through some complicated process involving special memory cards only compatible from one company that only exists for a 3 month span in Estonia.

• Like 3

My friend got a Steam Link and he has a better computer than me and it didn't work well at all for him. His computer was in a room next to his living room where the tv was. He gave it to me to try and I had no problems with it, despite having an older CPU, GPU, and less RAM.

It's definitely a YMMV type of thing. If anyone buys a Steam Link, I would check to see what the return policy is before getting one.

I need to get a PS4 so I can play Mass Effect. But it's nice to think there's another reason to have one now. If it comes out over here (which it may not - the PS3 FirePro game isn't available from the European PSN Store, and never have been; It came out on disc in Italy for a fortnight).

55 minutes ago, AxB said:

I need to get a PS4 so I can play Mass Effect. But it's nice to think there's another reason to have one now. If it comes out over here (which it may not - the PS3 FirePro game isn't available from the European PSN Store, and never have been; It came out on disc in Italy for a fortnight).

• Like 1

It's funny that no one that wonders why Fire Pro is so loved realizes it's the AI - the CPU logic editing, even early in the series, that made them act more like they really did.  

But god, the Steam Workshop support for this will be unreal.  Wait till they integrate it with something like EWR or TNM...

I'mma go ahead and say they're not gonna enable workshop support. This is an early access version of a game that's coming to PS4 which means that if it's gonna be on PS4 they're going to need their own internally based systems to exchange wrestlers, rings, etc, since there ain't no Sony Workshop. They're also going to need their early access buyers to use those systems in bulk to make sure they work. It's enough that this is coming out at all. Expecting them to also allow PC modders direct access seems fantastical, bordering on ludicrous.

Go ahead and quote this at me in a few months if I'm wrong. I don't mind.

The latest Famitsu interview says Work Shop is a thing, at least according to the translation on FPWarena. Only ~80 new moves at release and more later on, which is pretty disappointing. Sounds like Returns with online, sharing and some edit mode tweaks. Which is fucking sweet but I guess a little disappointing after reading some of the wishlists of having breakable tables and shit.

Wow...I may also have to rethink not using my PC for local play. PC will support up to 8 players while the PS4 will support up to 4. There's 6 of us down to play some new Fire Pro so maybe PC only is the way to go? Only thing is, I've never played anything on the PC with more than just myself locally.

Playing multiplay local on PC works like consoles, so long as you have the controllers IDing right (And stuff like the XBox controllers have controler ID's on the controller), granted, I've never done more than 2, but I haven't had to at this point.

Also, Steam Workshop doesn't have to be a thing for Modding to still be there.  Steam Workshop is just a handy one stop for installing mods and keeping them up to date.  If they decide to not have Workshop support, just introduce the FirePro community to NexusMods.

17 hours ago, BL88 said:

I'mma go ahead and say they're not gonna enable workshop support. This is an early access version of a game that's coming to PS4 which means that if it's gonna be on PS4 they're going to need their own internally based systems to exchange wrestlers, rings, etc, since there ain't no Sony Workshop. They're also going to need their early access buyers to use those systems in bulk to make sure they work. It's enough that this is coming out at all. Expecting them to also allow PC modders direct access seems fantastical, bordering on ludicrous.

Go ahead and quote this at me in a few months if I'm wrong. I don't mind.

Workshop right out of the gate I can see it not happening, sure. Long term it's going to be there though.

People do need to remember if it's coming out early access there's like a 0.00000% chance the full version is out within a year. That's just not how this shit works.

I already said it, but I guess it bears repeating: Steam Workshop will be supported, so says the director in this Famitsu interview. Whether that is later on when the full game is released or when the early access is released, it doesn't say. The translation is from a Neogaf post found here.

As for the early access period, this is from the Steam store in response to the question about how long it'll be in the early access stage:

“A few months, depending on the scope of feedback.”

Now, I suppose if they don't add much the early access could very well be a few months. If they seriously consider some of the community feedback from the English speaking fans, it could be a lot longer. I could see this game basically being three things:

1) An online reskinned version of Fire Pro Returns to milk money from fans with little improvement before or after release.

2) A game that is released early but receives lots of post-release support from the team for a long time.

3) A gauge to see if the licence is popular enough to warrant a sequel where a lot of the bigger changes are implemented.

It could be a combination of the three though. I hope it's the second option that eventually leads to a bigger overhaul in a sequel but I'll basically take whatever they give us at this point (reinforcing option one).

The second option wouldn't be the worst but it could alienate casuals.

• Like 1

Yeah, with fuckers like me who're gonna buy it as soon as it's on early access, and add in all the youtube fuckers that'll finally hop on the bandwagon causing a million extra fuckers to blow a load...   MONEY

Bethesda got modding done on The Elder Scrolls Online for the consoles.  Why can't they come up with some modding, editing or community creations for PlayStation 4?

Also, yes fantastic news.  Finally a great wrestling game for the PlayStation 4.  Fire Pro Wrestling Returns is one of my favorites ever.  This was music to my ears.

The mods coming to the PS4 is almost certainly a pipe dream (look at all the shit Bethesda went through just to get mods in Fallout 4 - took them forever and they pale in comparison to even what's allowed on the Xbox One, let alone PC) but on the PC, it won't be a problem.

I'm kinda thinking broader - imagine FPW basically becoming a "match engine" and interlinked to something like EWR.  Having the choice to sim a match in FPW or even to play one side would be amazing.

Or they could redo the superb Management of Ring mode that is currently exclusive to the Japanese GBA Final Firepro and you wouldn't have to link to anything. I think that's asking too much though.  They didn't even bring it over to Returns and we got the way less substantial Match Maker instead.

• Like 1