DVDVR Message Board

FIRE PRO WORLD

Craig H

Quite a few people thought they were rendered characters, so you're not alone.

I'll probably end up getting this for both PC and PS4 to support Fire Pro and so I can play with friends (PS4) and hopefully take advantage of a vibrant editing community (PC).

ss_bb63f2b3ecb3732694a4f51f7f2753abe0625

Edited by Oyaji
Added pics

http://store.steampowered.com/app/564230

Steam store is up with new pics like the one above.

ABOUT THIS GAME

The greatest grappling game returns to take on the world! 
Customize every aspect of the match, from your wrestler to the ring itself, in your fight for the championship belt.

PLAY ONLINE 
Organize exhibition matches, tournaments, leagues, championship bouts and battle royals with players from around the world. 

MIX UP THE RULES 
Modes include Deathmatch (steel cage, barbed wire or landmines), MMA rules and no-holds barred Gruesome Fighting. 

UNLIMITED CUSTOMIZATION
Create your dream wrestler from over a thousand devastating moves and even more body parts to battle for custom championship belts. Personalize the ring, mat logos and even the referee!

REALISTIC SIMULATION
Give your creations personalities with a robust CPU logic system that defines their every action. Does your wrestler play to the crowd, or play dirty? You provide actors for the ringside drama.
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

So, it sounds very much like Returns with online play. Still, DVDVR tournaments/leagues.

There are some screenshots from the presentation that make it look like 4 costumes per edit and up to 9 layers per body part.

30 generic wrestlers ship with the game, the rest is up to the community. I really hope they have some sort of easy sharing mode.

From the early access description on Steam:

WHAT THE DEVELOPERS HAVE TO SAY:
Why Early Access?
“Customization is a key component in the Fire Pro series. Our initial goal was to recreate the classic gameplay and key editing features. From here we can have users help customize the game!”
Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?
“A few months, depending on the scope of feedback.”
How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
“More robust editing tools and additional game modes/match options.”
What is the current state of the Early Access version?
“Fully playable with online matchmaking and basic editing tools to create custom wrestlers/belts/referees/rings/logos.”
Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
“Early Access users will enjoy a lower price. We’re still considering the final release price.”
How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?
“Let us know what features you would like to see implemented!
Edit Mode can be daunting for new players. We’re counting on Fire Pro vets to help the community unlock the full potential of the toolset!”

So, hopefully they add stuff over the coming months.

I too will buy it on Steam and PS4 because I'm insane, but also because I know when friends come over for game nights it will be easier to play multiplayer on the PS4.