DVDVR Message Board

FIRE PRO WORLD

Craig H

On 8/8/2020 at 10:17 AM, Jiji said:

Google translated Director Matsumoto's interview with Famitsu where he jokes about retiring from Fire Pro. Says the 2d limit has pretty much been reached and if they were to return with another wrestling game it would be 3d like KOC (but not actually KOC). Talked about the difficult journey and how it wore on him. Dude is still apologizing. He said the interview he did with Taichi was a turning point and helped him find the resolve not to quit and leave Fire Pro a mess.

Sounds like he'll continue to push for a 3d wrestling game in house like he did for Fire Pro. Says Fire Pro is Showa Era and that it's time for something more modern and easier to build in 3d.

I very much believe in video games as a form of art, and Matsumoto comes off as a self-loathing artiste type here. Personally, I think they should be proud of what they've created here. IMHO the game works just as good if not better than most modern wrestling games with a 2D pixelated graphics style. This is one of the best series of wrestling games of all time. Discovering Fire Pro Wrestling Returns was a revelatory experience for me.

There is a purity to Fire Pro Wrestling World that most modern AAA games aren't able to reach.

• Like 3

If move craft and parts craft wasn’t added in late then I might have more negative things to say about this version of the game series. Like I’ve seen quite a few new moves and animations that put the base stuff to shame. 

He’s clearly disappointed that they couldn’t make this into a more lucrative experience to keep it running. I don’t believe it ever will have been. But they could’ve monetized it better. They had a chance to make so much money off this niche fanbase with move, and part packs. They did end up putting them in, but their really should’ve been more. Like DOA levels of embarrassing amounts of DLC. I just don’t know where in the chain of command that fell apart?

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

They definitely could have monetized it and sold it better than they did. The season pass and DLCs were all very confusing and expensive. I thought it was a lot to ask for even from hardcore fans of Fire Pro who knew what to expect. Anyone more casual than us was not going to buy in on a full priced 2D game and DLC that cost more than AAA titles.

They really bet the farm on the New Japan stuff selling games and I think they got really fucked financially when it didn't.

Still though, unless you were buying bit by bit from the beginning, getting everything isn't just expensive, it's complicated and messy.  I've had to walk my friends through it so they didn't double buy shit since they never updated the season pass info on PSN to even accurately describe what was included.

Still, I'm used to firepro games being expensive and having a barrier to entry.  I shouldn't have to be but that's how it's been for the over 20 years I've been playing the series. I don't think that's a smart business model when you're trying to grow things (duh) but it makes you question if some of the barriers we had before were really due to dumbshit business decisions in retrospect.

Edited by Tromatagon
  • Like 3

On 8/11/2020 at 3:50 PM, damnnearfonzie said:

Can someone please post some gifs of the created moves on the new FIRE PRO game? I mean I've been so stoked and happy to see these! SOME AMAZING SHITE! Hell, post a link, it's the greatest thing that makes my day checking this part of the board and seeing what you geniuses have came up with! 

Even the M.U.S.C.L.E.S. Little Pink Men maneuvers. 

Long live FireProWresrtling and your creativity!

https://steamcommunity.com/id/toyonakaojf/myworkshopfiles/?appid=564230

Lots of fantasy moves there, from street fighter to kinnikumon. But if you go back to the workshop, there are options to sort by most popular and highest rated. 

I'm still surprised that the game didn't sell well on ps4 with the NJPW addition. 

Edited by Jiji
  • Thanks 1

Who's in the mood for Hillbillies and Jobbers?

10 new edits up:

Iron Mike Sharpe, Jim Powers, Moondog Spot, Moondog Rex, Uncle Elmer, Paul Roma (heel Power&Glory/WCW version), The Italian Stallion and Joey Maggs all done by me. Also 2 Avenger3 ports, Hillbilly Jim and Barry Horowitz. 

https://firepro-w.com/user/profile/BrianS081177

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2020 at 8:53 AM, Tromatagon said:

They really bet the farm on the New Japan stuff selling games and I think they got really fucked financially when it didn't.

Still though, unless you were buying bit by bit from the beginning, getting everything isn't just expensive, it's complicated and messy.  I've had to walk my friends through it so they didn't double buy shit since they never updated the season pass info on PSN to even accurately describe what was included.

Still, I'm used to firepro games being expensive and having a barrier to entry.  I shouldn't have to be but that's how it's been for the over 20 years I've been playing the series. I don't think that's a smart business model when you're trying to grow things (duh) but it makes you question if some of the barriers we had before were really due to dumbshit business decisions in retrospect.

So what is included with the season pass then?

21 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

So what is included with the season pass then?

Fire Promoter, the Jr. Story/Wrestler pack, and the Fighting Road story (which add up seperatly at regular price for $5 LESS than the Season Pass), so yeah, there are some fuckups there.  But Movecraft is free.

if anyone is interested in the FP World (digital) Deluxe edition, it's on sale on PSN for $26.99.  Regular price is $89.99.  Base game and some of the dlc are also on sale.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/grid/search-game/1?gameContentType=bundles&query=fire pro wrestling

Sale is going to last for two weeks.  Great deal, if you're even mildly interested in FPW.

15 hours ago, Eoae said:

if anyone is interested in the FP World (digital) Deluxe edition, it's on sale on PSN for $26.99.  Regular price is $89.99.  Base game and some of the dlc are also on sale.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/grid/search-game/1?gameContentType=bundles&query=fire pro wrestling

Sale is going to last for two weeks.  Great deal, if you're even mildly interested in FPW.

Thanks for the heads up! The only dlc I still need is Stardom 2–might as well get it now.

Also, is it weird that I kinda wanna get the PS2 Fire Pro? I didn’t know that it was available for download. I guess changing all the names would be a pain, though.

11 new edits up:

Sam Adonis

Chris Vice

Hartley Jackson

Pitbull 1 & 2

Terry Taylor

Brad Armstrong

Bobby Duncum Jr

Joey Abs

DC Drake

and DVDVR's favorite angry little man, Tony Kozina. 

https://firepro-w.com/user/profile/BrianS081177

I also updated a bunch of older edits I hadn't done anything with in a while. Probably the last big batch of stuff I'll be putting out for a while since I'm going back to work on Thursday after a 6 month layoff so I won't have near as much free time. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

If you want the steam version of Fire Pro World and haven't already gotten it for some reason, it's on sale right now for I think $5 US (80% off) and most of the DLC is on sale ranging from 30-70% off. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

So I know the last post is two months ago but I finally upgraded my computer.  Got the base modpack setup and am ready to go nuts with stuff I haven't played since I stopped the PC version some time ago.  Only thing is a lot has changed since last playing it and I decided to unsubscribe from all the mainstream wrestlers.  I'm going to start over and get updated collections.

So while I'm doing that I would need a favor from @Jijiand whoever else.  I'm basically looking for the good stuff from custom arenas, essential moves and whatever else worth mentioning.  I know it sounds vague but I'm still working on figuring out what I want added back in.  Posting her or PM works and thanks in advance.

Definitely wouldn't mind if whoever answers this does so in the thread.  I've basically done the same thing, just splurged on most of the DLC and unsubscribed from pretty much everything since most of it hadn't been updated in years.  

Edited by CSC
  • Like 1

I reset everything every so often because of advancements in either available edits, moves, parts, or modding, so I get where you're coming from. I would recommend making a list of promotions and wrestlers you want and then just go through it one by one. More and more people are publishing edits with DLC moves and parts. I usually try to find one of those and then add any missing moves a wrestler could use via the extended move list mod. If I can't find an edit with move/parts craft included, I'd use the TheAvenger3 as a base. Some people who publish moves (of varying quality that may or may not need tweaking if you're picky):

CujoMatty has a drive with themes and parts for arena editing.

Nothing groundbreaking by any stretch. Avenger has a lot of logos and rings. 

• Thanks 1