DVDVR Message Board

FIRE PRO WORLD

Craig H

And ANOTHER THING. The extended move list mod is the greatest fucking thing. Here are just some of the things it does:

1. Determines whether a move can finish a match (kick out at 2.9 if not, opponent won't submit to submission)
  2. Add as many moves to a button you want
  3. Determine how often each of those moves will happen in each stage of opponent's health
  4. Determine how many times alternate moves can happen in a match
  5. I think it can legit chain any moves together with custom priorities
  6. Change which move your edit does during the facelock 'n' drag deal
  7. Set desperation moves that they only do when in critical damage (I think)
  8. Have conditions for each of the alternate moves including
    1. Whether the ref is down (CHEATING MOVEZ)
    2. Who the opponent is (you can basically set up opponent specific counters this way, holy fucking shit)
    3. Dozens of other combinations that could lead to interesting ideas (player health, opponent health, limb health for either, time in the match, inside or outside the ring, DOZENZ~!@)

I am going to be tweaking Fire Pro World forever. FOREVER... FOREVER...

• Like 1

I genuinely do not understand parts craft being $30 and move craft being free.

And I wouldn't really care about the roster DLCs if you didn't need them for edit parts.

Yup. I really feel for Director Matsumoto. He went in, perhaps naively, with the best of intentions and production was largely a shit show with people above and below him fucking up. For that, he took responsibility as he should have but, dude just wanted to give us Fire Pro. This was one helluva parting gift. The marketing and pricing of everything didn't make sense. 

Somebody did an exaggerated sell for the atomic drop. It's pretty great! Not Rick Rude great but close! Person cannot spell atomic but they also did a second version.

Is. Long term y'all are going to want to get on that pc version. I don't know if we will ever get to where people are willing to allow their stuff to be part of packs but I invision stuff like full saves being uploaded to the community with fully fleshed out extended move lists done for everybody, with custom parts all set up. Or at least individual wrestlers exported using the mod pack. That definitely seems doable because then you're able to credit people clearly. Here is The Perfect *insert wrestler of your choosing* with complete parts and moves, logic and move list. Import them into your game and tadao. How do you like me now? 

• Like 1

I know PC is the way to go but the reasons I prefer PS4 are 1. My computer sucks for Steam and I need to upgrade and 2. I only use it for work from home. So when I clock out last thing I wanna do is be in front of it some more. Now once I upgrade my computer there is the option for Steam Link. But I'm stubborn in my ways I guess. Besides, PS4 can bring the goods and I'm patient in stuff like like this making it there. 

Or I could figure out what the hell I'm doing with the tool and try to make it work. So far the stuff I tried is best served for Botchamania. And one has some vanishing ninja shit that if can fine tune might actually be decent. 

Edited by NikoBaltimore

If you upgrade to a laptop you can just run an hdmi from the computer to your TV screen and there isn't much of a difference compared to playing it on a PS4. My TV and computer are beside each other so there's always an HDMI connecting the two. 

I don't think the PS4 version will die a death anytime soon, but who knows how long Spike will maintain that website?

edit: @Tromatagon

discord.jpg

Although I'm guessing you've already made every one of those dudes.

Edited by Oyaji
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

The FMW/IWA/W*ING guys are all up for download now, along with updates to Cryptkeeper and Leatherface:

https://firepro-w.com/user/profile/BrianS081177

You're doing a great service with this. I have some of them from other creators but would be nice to get a whole collection. 

8 hours ago, Oyaji said:

If you upgrade to a laptop you can just run an hdmi from the computer to your TV screen and there isn't much of a difference compared to playing it on a PS4. My TV and computer are beside each other so there's always an HDMI connecting the two.

@Tromatagon

So I did get a laptop but it's a Chromebook. I know I can setup Linux to make it work so I'll give that a try. But you are right. I guess I tend to procrastinate on stuff like this. 

6 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

You're doing a great service with this. I have some of them from other creators but would be nice to get a whole collection. 

Well then you'll be happy to hear the next batch I'm working on: Kodo Fuyuki, Kintaro Kanemura, Tetsuhiro Kuroda, Ricky Fuji, Hisakatsu Oya and Horace Boulder. I just started so it's still gonna be a while though. 

• Like 2

I love making my own CAWs so I'd never DL someone else's, but after looking move craft over I said f it and started DL'ing moves. It is tough to judge because the gifs suck but so far I've got:

- pumphandle powerslam (Wrath, Test)

- knee lift (Mr. Wrestling II, Jake Roberts, Curt Hennig, etc.)

- backflip slam (early Scott Steiner)

- hammerlock DDT (early Punk, Andrade Almas)

- inverted shoulderbreaker (Papa Shango, Scott Norton)

- Orton backbreaker (Randy Orton, Mike Sanders)

- springboard lariat (Air Pillman, Punk)

- twisting somersault attack (La Parka, Jeff Hardy)

- Judas Effect (Jericho)

- hanging corner armbar (Chad Gable)

- double chokeslam (Kronik, BOD)

Hopefully more people start adding extra gifs to their selections.

Man, PS4 users were busy over the weekend with new moves.  There's some pretty cool shit in there from Darby Allin's main moves to various fork attacks.  It might not be on the level of Steam but I sure was busy going through them all.  It took more time though since most had Japanese text and with the preview itself being bad unless there's a clip from the game itself it was lots and lots of translating.  But it opens up so many possibilities that make it all so worth it.

• Like 1