DVDVR Message Board

[1st Rd] HIROOKI GOTO vs. MEIKO SATOMURA

HIROOKI GOTO vs. MEIKO SATOMURA  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Choose One

This poll is closed to new votes

I enjoyed Goko's match with Dalton Castle at last year's Honor Rising (that counts, right?), although I thought it was booked poorly. It bugs me that ROH jobs all their guys out to New Japan...especially when Corino's talking points were that Goto was on this big losing streak. Would it have killed them to put Castle over in that situation? The up-and-coming young star gets a win on the established vet who is on a cold streak? Nope: he beats Castle clean.

34 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I would have thought you put up the match against Io in Sendai. That was her best match from last year.

I couldn't find it... at least not quickly

7 hours ago, Chicken Sandwich Carl said:

I'll level. I hit the wrong button and voted Goto. Please vote Meiko. She's so much better.

I can fix that if you truly did mean to vote for Meiko

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Goto had a pretty damn good year. Goto/Shibata was great.

The implication in that statement is that Meiko didn't which would be false

That 7/2 Meiko/Io Shirai match is here if Vidio is a streaming site u wanna use, and is a Top 10 MOTYC for me easily (it's also on RealHero, I'm pretty sure).

Meiko Satomura is one of the best wrestlers in the world, I think. She's not necessarily a super loud seller, which maybe makes her seem slightly cold, but she's doing the right stuff if you pay attention, and has such a great aura and wonderful looking offense.

Hirooki Goto is ok. Vote Meiko!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, EVA said:

I just can't get into Goto, man.  Never have.  Even in good matches I just feel like "well...Goto was there."

That sums up my thoughts about Goto. Don't hate him, don't really like him, he's just there. Meiko is still the best joshi wrestler in the world. Easy one.

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I can fix that if you truly did mean to vote for Meiko

I did. If you've got a moment, I'd appreciate it, but if it doesn't change the outcome no big.

I suppose I should post why I voted for her, too, and I think a big part is the Io match maciej posted. I'd put it on par with anything anyone in NJPW did and absolutely skunks any and all of Goto's mediocre output.

• RIPPA locked this topic