DVDVR Message Board

ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Also got a new bullshit motion control shrine that is my new "hate the most" one

Its the one that had one room where you need to spin the cube and connect all the electricity only to open a room where it was do the same with fire, expect this room had water flowing.

I ended up finally saying fuck it and just used fire arrows on everything (after remembering that I could just stick my arrows in fire)

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

What the fuck?

I cannot unsee all of the horrible Midna related things I have seen on the internet over the years that have made me question humanity.

Please do not elaborate on horny characters in this game or I am liable to smash my daughter's Switch, burn her copy of Breath of the Wild, and lock her in her room until she's thirty years old.

Don't worry, it's just tame Nintendo horny and not, like, tumblr horny.

Tossing this here. I beat the Link's Awakening remake not that long ago. I had gotten it used so not quite for the full $60. It's a great remake but really more worth $30 or so. Then I decide to play Link to the Past on the virtual console. I've played the game a dozen times in my life, at least, but I don't think I ever really exploited Ether + Hammer before. It's a heck of an exploit. I'm almost done. Just beat Turtle Rock and 

I've never actually played Ocarina of Time. I didn't play any Zelda games between the GB ones and the Wii (though I did have a GBA/DS, so, Seasons/Ages, Minish Cap, Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks), so really LTTP right to Twilight Princess. I've played Wind Waker/BotW on the WiiU since we had one.

But yeah, I've never played OoT or Majora's Mask. 

And it's insane to me that I can't buy this thing digitally for the Switch. What sort of BS rinky dink system is Nintendo running here. 

• Thanks 1

Probably hoping you'll buy the souped-up 3DS remake instead. If you don't have a 3DS, they're probably hoping you'll buy one of those. Is it worth it? 100 bucks on hardware, 20 bucks each on the remakes of Ocarina and Majora? ...well, actually, there's an argument there. Nintendo's probably not releasing any new dual-screen consoles for awhile and the remakes are the best way to play those games by a comfortable margin (fixed Water Temple, waaay more streamlined three-day Majora sidequests). They've really got ya by the short hairs.

I went with the plan of shrine hoping until I have enough hearts for the Master Sword

I did located it in the Lost Woods as I needed to trade in all these god damn seeds I have since I desperately needed more inventory space

I know folks complained about weapon degradation but to me the far far far worse mechanic is the "can't climb in the rain" bullshit

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Quick Update

3 Divine Beasts down (with the 4th quest unlocked)

Also have the Master Sword

Started to feel a touch over-powered... at least for the main quest line stuff (Like the last Divine Beast I beat (I am spacing which Ganon that was) took me under a minute to beat.

Not fully there yet because I only seem to now be getting the hang of parrying.

Have only being playing like once a week because of other things but might try and hunkering down and beat the main storyline sometime this week

I didn't get the hang of parrying until probably after the last Divine Beast fight. And then I probably mastered it after that. Trying to get into Hyrule Castle pretty much forces you to be good at it because there's so many guardians around. You'll have to parry their eye blasts back at them. I think it was also around that time that I didn't want to finish and decided to go and seek out more stuff that beat me up pretty bad, like the area that's all lightning and full of electricity powered enemies, or seeking out Linels.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
13 minutes ago, Control said:

I’ve played a few dozen hours, I’m sure, and still can’t dodge for shit.

Considering I basically haven't played in a year since my last update - I think I have forgotten how to do everything

• Like 1

• 1 month later...