DVDVR Message Board

ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD DISCUSSION

RIPPA

7 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Is there any real advantage over getting the DLC now as opposed to a year from now or whatever?

Well, doing some of the quests in the DLC could get you outfits that would benefit you. 

I would actually take that money now and buy the Guardian Amiibo, which would get you a ton of stuff for free every day. 

3 hours ago, Matt D said:

I'm in a giant elephant, six months behind the rest of you.

Still way the hell ahead of me.  I haven't even approached any Divine Beasts because I am very bad at finding Shrines, and don't want to attempt a DB without at least six hearts and 2 stamina upgrades.

Ok. So I aborted the elephant one for now but did complete the bird one tonight. My big goal had been to unlock all of the map and I just managed that. I have been focusing on that instead of shrines, though. Beating the bird gave me my 5th heart container (as in I have five total. I've only done one heart upgrade and 3 stamina ones). I've found two fairy fountains. 

I'm in full on exploration mode. I found the dragon skeleton at the top of the map. I've beaten another four shrines. I made it through the lost woods (eventually). I've increased my inventory a bit. I found a few memories. I found the monster shop guy. Generally, i'm just trying to reach interesting looking places on the map. I find the shrine locator noise thing totally useless. 

1 minute ago, odessasteps said:

Are you making sure to take pictures of everything? 

I'm taking pictures of nothing but I am trying to find shrines nearby things so I can get back to them easily enough. Why should I be taking pictures?

I set up both research labs (the second one yesterday, which was a bitch because it kept raining) but I haven't been paying much attention to that. Actually, that's one thing about this game. I haven't been doing sidequests at all. I get to a town and someone wants me to find their chickens or get them food or whatever, I just move on. I get that there are rewards to this but I only have limited time and there are so many places I haven't explored yet. I don't have time to get bogged down with fetch quests. Not yet at least.

2 minutes ago, Cliff Hanger said:

Bout to make a suicide run and steal fire from Prometheus (excuse me, shock arrows from Lynel) and then maybe make a run at my first Beast.  

I would recommend being very sneaky and try to get arrows when he is not looking. 

Make sure to check out the tree(s) up the side of the mountain. 

Anybody else tried Master Mode difficulty? I doubt I'll be jumping back in again any time soon with a list of games to get through but I'm wondering if anybody else has felt the pain of master difficulty. It's ridiculous.

Just now, Oyaji said:

Anybody else tried Master Mode difficulty? I doubt I'll be jumping back in again any time soon with a list of games to get through but I'm wondering if anybody else has felt the pain of master difficulty. It's ridiculous.

Nope. No desire.  My goal in playing games is not to frustrate myself more than necessary. :)

Yeah, I generally like a challenge but in order to beat that it takes a tonne of patience and time that I doubt I'm willing to put into such a long, yet amazing, game a second time. We'll see.