DVDVR Message Board
RIPPA

ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD DISCUSSION

The good thing is finding weapons is easy, even you just scavenge off the goons you beat. Some of those Bolkin Spike Clubs deal a good bit of damage 

On 9/20/2017 at 8:22 AM, Cliff Hanger said:

I just met Impa and I am very bad at this. Having trouble with the "don't fight anything you can avoid because you have to preserve weapons" bit.

this is also hard for me. I'm usually of the desire to slaughter every enemy i can see.

i balance out my conservative BotW plaing with Hyrule Warriors to satisfy my bloodlust.

• Like 1

Best thing to do early in the game is steal the enemies' weapons.  Makes them easier to fight and you can save your stronger stuff.

My plan now is to go around and unlock the towers and do as many as possible shrines before doing the next divine beast or Dragon. 

Going with strategy of over-levelling, I have only beat one divine beast but got enough hearts to pull the master sword out. Now have 13 hearts and 2.5 stamina wheels. 

40 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Going with strategy of over-levelling...

Trivializing content is Role Playing Game 101. :P

One of the things I think is really neat about this game, though, is while you can certainly stack up a lot of hearts, each region has its own special gear that you have to wear to survive, and they all start at the basic defense stat level, meaning you kinda get busted back down to whatever level they want you to be on, at least to start with.

The best part is that I pulled the sword while wearing the Gerudo genie outfit. :)

Finding Hateno Tower for a second time has proven frustratingly hard.  I have it pinned, I went there and found out there's no way to get to the first rest stop without a stamina upgrade, and I went to Hateno Village and the accompanying research site.  But now that I could actually find it, I am having the god damnedest time actually getting to the base of the tower.

The story reason is that until you get to the top and find the distilling point, the Sheikah Slate won't remember it, and that requires getting to the top, which requires more stamina than I had when I found it by accident.

Oh, I got ya. I thought you meant there was something stopping you. Luckily, when I started, I put more into the stamina wheel than extra hearts. So, by playing circuitiously, I have cleared all the towers and have a whole map.

now trying to do the gut check challenge. 

It's nice to now be able to go toe to toe with guardians. Master sword, ancient armor, 14 hearts.  

Done all the Dragon scales. Still need to clear out the Yaga HQ and I will be ready to take on the remaining divine beasts.

101 hours in, i finally beat the game tonight.

100 shrines, 100+ korok seeds, 9 memories, 2 fairy fountains. looking forward to finishing up most of this and the dlc.