DVDVR Message Board

ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD DISCUSSION

RIPPA

What's funny is that I haven't had issues with the Wizzrobes yet.

What I have been running into is being ill-prepared weapon wise as in I will not have stocked up or have like a fucking tree branch left.

I also have been poking around the map for the things I can and can not beat.

The biggest kick my son has gotten (as he quasi watches me) was watching me go to the fucking major test of strength shrine blindly

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I just did the one where you had to swing some hammer thing into a stone ball to make it fall into a hole

That was infuriating

Just wait. The one mentioned above is controller throwing frustration

Eh, neither of those are bad at all.  Even the one where you have to get 3 orbs onto 3 separate switches is something I typically manage in 3-4 tries.  But, I use a Pro controller and have literally never played my Switch as a handheld.

The one that makes me despair is the bonus puzzle where the shrine gives you a durability-plus sledgehammer to hit the orb across water into a golf hole, but the bonus one has all the pillars and crap in the way.  Getting the angle and then also the right number of strikes is such a PITA.  Though, ultimately, the best way to go is usually a 1-hander where you're in the 8-9 swing range to make the shot.

I might start borrowing my son's extra set of joy cons just to see if that is better.

Having to wave the entire Switch Lite around gives it less control than if you have you normal Switch in a dock

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I just did the one where you had to swing some hammer thing into a stone ball to make it fall into a hole

That was infuriating

Oh, you haven't seen anything yet.

30 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Ive never played it in a dock or with the joy cons separated, so that could be part of it admittedly. 

No, playing it docked is just as bad. Whether you're using the joycons in their holder or the pro controller, it's a major pain.Twisting, turning, and flipping the controllers just doesn't work like how you think it will. 

This wasn't intentional per se

I actually had found Zora's Domain first but felt I was too squishy to be proceeding further down the main story line at that time

Just in bouncing around the map - I found myself at Rito

And then I realized - Oooh... getting Revali's Gale now would probably be really helpful

Now I am going back to the couple of shrines I didn't do (that I discovered) because I didn't have the right equipment at the time

Yeah, I did the same. Spent the first week just exploring and knocking off as many shrines as I could and all of the towers. Then found myself in Riho at that point so decided to do the divine beast there, similar to Rippa. I cruised through the other three divine beasts and then stopped playing for a week or so because I figure I'd be able to beat the game easily enough. I've already been inside the castle once

Spoiler

and beat both lynels in the sentry towers and kind of stumbled into the Gannon room. I still had 2 divine beasts left at that point, so after I took down the first Gannon form it dawned on me that this was probably the boss rush / final battle so reloaded an earlier save.

I don't know if that's actually a spoiler or not, or what the rules for the thread are, so just being safe.

Jumped into the game again last night and realised that I had opened up the Ex-Champion DLC, which I'm having  blast with. I'm using a walkthrough for the locations when I need to, but going into the battles/shrines blind and they're a lot of fun. I'm right up to the lightning gannon battle again and he's a lot tougher. Made it through the first phase easy enough but got absolutely mauled in the second. I've only tried once but my timing on the parry was way off because he's doing like a stutter step or shield bash or something before the attack that I haven't figured out yet. That DLC really breathed new life into the game for me though because when I booted it up last night, I'd planned on just finishing off the story and shelving the game.

Edited by Setsuna

Defeated my first non-Shrine Guardian (ran into on my way to do Robbie's Research)

I still can't parry for shit but I am finally strong enough to wail away on a Guardian and nuke it with a couple of bomb arrows

Now I just need to farm rupees for these damn pieces of ancient armor

I apparently took a very hard route to defeating the Divine Beasts. My order was Water, Sand, Air, and Fire. I likely was very underpowered when I did them. I know most people say the sand one is the hardest because electricity damage is way OP in BotW, but I thought it was pretty easy. I really liked all of the Divine Beast puzzles. The hardest part of the fire one was just not dying on the mountain from heat damage. I wound up watching a video for that and learning about fire damage gear you need to get. That made it much easier.

BTW, for parrying and reflecting shots from Guardians, hit your parry button the moment their eye flashes white when they fire a laser beam at you. That always worked for the stationary and land based Guardians. I never had much success doing that with multiple Guardians or the flying ones.

So a Mom gets so engrossed in her fishing that she forgets about her husband and kids and everyone just kinda shrugs it off like No Big Deal

This game...

On 6/15/2020 at 9:56 AM, RIPPA said:

Good Lord - everyone is so fucking horny in this game

What the fuck?

I cannot unsee all of the horrible Midna related things I have seen on the internet over the years that have made me question humanity.

Please do not elaborate on horny characters in this game or I am liable to smash my daughter's Switch, burn her copy of Breath of the Wild, and lock her in her room until she's thirty years old.

Edited by J.T.

Got my 2nd Divine Beast so I decided to keep opening up the map.

So I ended up getting all the Towers and boy, there was a couple of them I really was not ready to be doing.

But what is done is done.

I am trying to decide if I want to go heavy heart container now so I can get the Master Sword or not (I mean I will get it eventually. More - should that be my next focus)