DVDVR Message Board

The Mass Effect thread

This is a reminder that I need to pick back up playing the first game.

J.T. and Rippa, I am sorry to randomly hop in on your party session the other night. I think my headset wasn't working. I was starting Borderlands 2 and was seeking guidance.

J.T. and Rippa, I am sorry to randomly hop in on your party session the other night. I think my headset wasn't working. I was starting Borderlands 2 and was seeking guidance.

Why are you apologizing, man?  We have a standard open invite for DVDVR dudes to jump into our party, even if it is just to say, "Whaddap?"

Why are you apologizing, man?  We have a standard open invite for DVDVR dudes to jump into our party, even if it is just to say, "Whaddap?"

I knew that. I just knew it was kind of awkward because I kind of went "what's up, guys" a couple times before I realized that "I don't think my headset works."

Yeah - we didn't hear a peep. It was also weird timing because literally we were just finishing our last match of the evening.

But it's not like Aaron and Fresh don't show up and all we hear is static and echoes too.

I am still irritated that Giana didn't return.

I am also pissed I won't get my kiss from her this time around.

Fresh, MattOPersonaliT. I literally am at the very beginning. I struggled beating Knuckledragger. The only reason I finally beat him was because he got his fist stuck in the ice and all he could do was throw at me.

Well, I'm at about level 28 right now (I have already beaten it twice with different characters though). I'm getting to 30 so I can try out the Tiny Tina DLC. But I play so infrequently, you'll probably surpass me soon.

I showed Helena Blake the error of her ways last night so I am done with side missions (well except for the ones that unlock after Feros and Noveria).

I am starting to come to the opinion that the Mako handling like shit was purposely done just to make the game seem artificially longer.

Oh... got my Sabotage achievement last night. Now time to just randomly Damping the walls to get that one done.

Yeah... that didn't come out wrong at all...

I was happy with the Helena Blake cameo in ME2.  I assumed she didn't show up in ME3 if you spared her in ME1, because she was killed during the Cerberus invasion of Omega.

Oh man - I totally forgot about the guy who eats a rocket right after he greets you on Feros.

Poor bastard

And of course because I no longer think anything is done in the Mass Effect Universe by chance - I feel like Hollis and Calantha Blake are related to Helena

I usually get a game save in right before I open fire on one of the pyjak warrens. 

Garrus:  "I guess the little beast had it coming.."

Tali: "That was a little extreme, wasn't it?"

Oh man - I totally forgot about the guy who eats a rocket right after he greets you on Feros.

There is also the guy manning the barricade that gets taken out when you are making the final push to repel the first Geth attack (I DON'T WANNA DIE~!!!!) and that female colonist that gets skragged while you are making your way down to the tunnels to take out the Geth transmitter.

I am up to Priority: Rannoch in my own do-over playthrough.  After Tali is all secure and on board, I will suffer through Leviathan again. 

At least I know to bring James (the squaddie with the most health) and Ashley (my love interest) on the very last mission of Leviathan.

I usually get a game save in right before I open fire on one of the pyjak warrens. 

I had Tali and Kaiden who dropped "Remind me not to get on your bad side"

and I know about the other two folks... this dude is just different because you literally watch the rocket flying down the corridor towards him.

I had Tali and Kaiden who dropped "Remind me not to get on your bad side"

and I know about the other two folks... this dude is just different because you literally watch the rocket flying down the corridor towards him.

I think the guy at the barricade is my favorite because you don't even see him die or even see who kills him. 

All you can really see are the plasma bolts from the Geth rifles hammering his postion and then a huge BOOM right after he Wilhelm screams.

I also forgot to mention that now that I have the spectre sniper rifle... it's almost unfair how easy the battles are.

Yeah keep charging me you stupid Destroyer

I also forgot to mention that now that I have the spectre sniper rifle... it's almost unfair how easy the battles are.

Yeah keep charging me you stupid Destroyer

Oh, Dear Lord.  You can almost one-shot a Geth Prime if you have the Specter SR equipped with HE Rounds and the Scram Rail and use your Assassination skill.

Shielding is too high on Armatures to kill them in one hit.

On your high-level second playthrough when you are pushing 60th and start off with Specter weapons, whittle down the Thresher with rail cannon shots until it is almost dead and then jump out and fight the Thresher on foot.  You will get much more XP for killing the Thresher with conventional weapons and your modded SR should be able to finish off the beast in one or two shots.

Just watch your timing.  Don't get hit by the acid blob and keep moving to avoid getting insta-killed by the Thresher's ground tremor.

I finally figured out when playing my Renegon Femshep run that I could sell excess items. So I had my Spectre weapons from Feros on. I can NOT do infiltrator on ME2, though. So I switched to Soldier.

I think the last thing I do before going to bed every night - is re-equip my entire squad and then sell/convert to medigel 3/4 of my inventory.

Something I had been meaning to ask from awhile back. When I was male shepard - did my squadmates talk about my love life as much as they do with FemShep?

Since it has been like 3+ years since my male Shep runs - I have no memory of people going "HEY! A LITTLE BIRDY TOLD ME THAT SO AND SO WANTS TO JUMP YOUR BONES!!!"

But as FemShep - everyone is all about your love life.

And on that front - I guess I am going Kaiden is time (still will kill him though) and then Liara as my carry over into the next game.

And on that front - I guess I am going Kaiden is time (still will kill him though) and then Liara as my carry over into the next game.

No, you should romance Thane so that you and your wife can be converted into emotional cripples when you play through Citadel again.

Poor Kaiden.  Even players that romance him through most of ME kill him off at Virmire because Kaiden's Last Stand is such an iconic cutscene.

If I knew back then what I know now about Liara, I'd have kept a save where I romanced her.  I think Liara is probably the best fleshed out character in the game, transforming from ingenue to badass, but romancing her in the first game is all Captain Kirk kinds of wrong.  She is so naive that putting the make on her feels really creepy.

Thane might break me.

It will be bad enough that he will die right in front of you at Huerta Memorial. 

Thane's material in the Citadel DLC is heartbreaking. It will either make you run for a straight razor or you will play the game with renewed rage as you will sink to new depths of hate for Kai Leng that you never knew were possible.