DVDVR Message Board

[1st RD] BOBBY LASHLEY vs. NEGRO CASAS

BOBBY LASHLEY vs. NEGRO CASAS  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Choose One

This poll is closed to new votes

5 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

If you were talking two or so years ago you'd be onto something.  But in the eligible year that's not a fair point at all.  Even if you wanted to discredit the Hardys Lashley had IMO his best career year.  At least check his TNA stuff before saying that.  I will admit going by the tapings last night it's going to be hard to defend TNA, but for the past year?  Yeah, they had some worthwhile talents.

Oh I'm with you on that...I actually voted Lashley here, as I discussed just above that post.  I'm saying, as a pro wrestling fan, it feels a little...dirty to vote for TNA guys just based on their entire history.  but, it was actually a pretty good year for TNA.  I picked up the Fight Network in June last year based partly on how fun Impact! was.  At the time, just prior to the brand split, I would put Impact! as the best week-in/week-out pro wrestling show I was watching on TV (Don't have WWE Network for NXT) right through until Corgan left.

Lashley had a great year.  But asking people to vote for him is a bit like suggesting one of the Cleveland Browns should be in the conversation for MVP.

• Like 1

Lashley might've had his best year ever and TNA didn't capitalize on the Trump WWE stuff that showed Lashely in highlights which showed amazing restraint for them (or maybe they did and I mentally blocked that out) . But yeah Lashley's heel work was excellent and I could see him parlaying his TNA run into a WWE run where they will allow him to do MMA and be a part-timer.

Casas shouldn't be having the year he had but Casas continuing hitting his stride at age 500 is less impressive to me than Bobby Lashley's TNA run in 2016-17

Lashley is one of the bright spots in what is otherwise an abysmal federation, but he does not have a high hurdle to jump over.

I am more impressed by Negro Casas's ability to have really great matches at his age.  There were still living Mayans when he was a child.

Yea - I've binged on Lashley this morning finishing off with the Apocolypto match and I can't believe that's the same dude I used to watch in WWE.  That being said, Casas doing insane stuff at his age is just  so damn impressive.

Plus, I don't know if it's a typical lucha thing, but when he lost his hair to Volador Jr. and made a little hair doll out out of his wrist tape was such a cute/creepy old man thing to do.  I can't vote against stuff like that.  

• RIPPA locked this topic