DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2017 TV THREAD

RIPPA

I read that first title as MANHUNTER, and I was like, HANNIBAL's body isn't even cold yet and they're already rebooting the franchise?

Then I watched the trailer and saw that it was MINDhunter.....but the premise is there's an FBI guy who has a weird sense of empathy that lets him understand what's going on in serial killers' minds, so.....it's basically MANHUNTER after all?

Ah, now it all makes sense...

Mindhunter is based on the book Mindhunter: Inside the FBI’s Elite Serial Crime Unit, cowritten by former FBI agent John E. Douglas, who served as the basis for the character Jack Crawford from the Hannibal Lecter–verse. Crawford has been played by Scott Glenn in The Silence of the Lambs, Laurence Fishburne in Hannibal, and Dennis Farina in Michael Mann’s still undefeated Manhunter.

I'm nearly done with season 3 of Halt and Catch Fire and this has been much better than season 2. The only thing that really bugs me is the continuation of Gordon and Donna's marital strife, particularly with Gordon NEVER LEARNING. There's also gaps in whatever happened between the end of season 2 and the start of season 3 and none of those gaps have been filled in.

30 minutes ago, EVA said:

Ah, now it all makes sense...

Okay, so Criminal Minds but less "based on a true story" and possibly more "this actually happened.."  I can dig it.

8 hours ago, J.H. said:

Holy crap that Ducktales looks fuckin HORRID and sounds even fuckin worse!

James

Who in the fuck decided they needed to remix the theme song?  The original DuckTales theme song may very well be my favorite television theme of all time.  It sounds like made by Hall and Oates and the Earth Wind and Fire horn section.

One more episode and I will be all caught up with The Expanse. 

Looks like the series is finally transitioning from Leviathan Wakes to Caliban's War (if you're looking for the clean plot breaks from the novels in the television series).

RIP Jim Miller.....

Spoiler

You should know from what happened to Julie Mao that technically he's not really dead and the protomolecule is not done being a background plot device.

• Like 1

Anyone else looking forward to The Leftovers next month? I'm glad the show was given a chance to wrap things up. I think with the first season either you liked it and kept watching or you thought it was weird and moved on. The second season was a blast and Liv Tyler was fantastic. Easily the best work she's done.

I watched the first episode on a HBO free preview weekend and never went back to watch it, but the trailer for the 3rd season looked fantastic enough to where The Leftovers is now next on the list to binge watch.