DVDVR Message Board

NXT MARCH 2017 DISCUSSION

RIPPA

We really need to break down that great Roode/Nak promo video. That was some awesome wrestling nonsense.

To start:

1) Winning the NXT Title apparently allows Bobby Roode to afford a 13-bedroom estate in a major North American city. I had no idea that winning the NXT title could allow someone to own a property that I would assess with a value of $25,000,000. Or did Roode gather his vast wealth before his rise in NXT? If he was that rich previously,then I like him even more -- a man THAT accomplished is willing to give his time and physical well-being to compete for the NXT title.

2) I loved that Shinsuke has somehow become a chilled out surfer dude with the waves of the ocean giving him a balance towards life. Did I miss this characterization at some point? I just love how it got tossed into the mix so randomly -- Nak's surfing hobby providing him with the inner peace needed to perform as The King of Strong Style.

3) Now this match is a FIGHT FOR THE FUTURE OF NXT. I love how Bobby Roode wants to rebuild it in his glorious image while Nak says IT BELONGS TO US, THE FANS! What happens if Roode wins? Does he impose a business casual dress code for entrance into Full Sail? Do you not get into watching the NXT house cards if you don't come in wearing a tailored fit from Jos. A. Bank?

Really amazing wrestling garbage. It very much had the feel of something involving Sting and Flair circa 1990.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Greggulator said:

We really need to break down that great Roode/Nak promo video. That was some awesome wrestling nonsense.

To start:

1) Winning the NXT Title apparently allows Bobby Roode to afford a 13-bedroom estate in a major North American city. I had no idea that winning the NXT title could allow someone to own a property that I would assess with a value of $25,000,000. Or did Roode gather his vast wealth before his rise in NXT? If he was that rich previously,then I like him even more -- a man THAT accomplished is willing to give his time and physical well-being to compete for the NXT title.

2) I loved that Shinsuke has somehow become a chilled out surfer dude with the waves of the ocean giving him a balance towards life. Did I miss this characterization at some point? I just love how it got tossed into the mix so randomly -- Nak's surfing hobby providing him with the inner peace needed to perform as The King of Strong Style.

3) Now this match is a FIGHT FOR THE FUTURE OF NXT. I love how Bobby Roode wants to rebuild it in his glorious image while Nak says IT BELONGS TO US, THE FANS! What happens if Roode wins? Does he impose a business casual dress code for entrance into Full Sail? Do you not get into watching the NXT house cards if you don't come in wearing a tailored fit from Jos. A. Bank?

Really amazing wrestling garbage. It very much had the feel of something involving Sting and Flair circa 1990.

re: 1) My thought was "TNA must have paid a lot better than I thought.

re: 3) He's already said he's going to fill the Full Sail crowd with, I believe the term was, captains of industry and CEOs.

• Like 1

Based on Twitter - Jerry Lynn has been guest coaching at the PC this week and it may or may not be an audition for a full time job (at the PC - not wrestling)

15 hours ago, Greggulator said:

According to Meltzer that's apparently his life at the moment. He spends his days surfing and playing with his kids.

Echoing the praise for Almas/Lorcan. Those two have great chemistry and aren't afraid to lay it in. I hope Almas and Black get some time at Takeover as that could be a bit of a sleeper match. Also I hope it is the start of a program and not just Almas putting over a guy. Since his heel turn he is been killing it and hopefully begins to gravitate towards the top of the card.

That Asuka squash was beautiful and I really wish we could have gotten a full bore heel Asuka vs Bayley.

Ruby Riot vs Nikki Cross has a lot of potential. To hell with it, let's just have a Sanity vs Dillinger's Dudes and Dudette with Attitudes Wargames.

Yeah, I can never get tired of Cien and Lorcan stiffing the hell out of each other. Would love to see Lorcan have at it with Cesaro.

Priscilla Zuniga did some almost HBK level of overselling, I hope she's part of the women's tourney.

(If the Drifter loses and doesn't move to the big two, I hope he haunts Ohno for the rest of his NXT career, just creepily playing in the background of all his promos and/or at the end of his matches.)

2 minutes ago, turk128 said:

Priscilla Zuniga did some almost HBK level of overselling, I hope she's part of the women's tourney.

Again - she signed with TNA and is currently appearing on their TV so yeah... don't get your hopes up

16 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Again - she signed with TNA and is currently appearing on their TV so yeah... don't get your hopes up

I thought that meant she just did the tapings months ago so is free now... I don't know how the owl is handling their tapings :\

On 23/03/2017 at 11:18 AM, RIPPA said:

Funnily - Priscilla Zuniga was Angel Rose who just showed up in TNA in the new version of LAX

thank you, I knew I had seen her before, and thought that was her, but I couldn't get the right Google Search.

On 3/24/2017 at 6:14 AM, Greggulator said:

It allows him, and I quote, "to wrestle like spaghetti".

Dude's awesome.

• Like 2

So, I'm checking out the Busick/Almas match from last week and some mouth breather fan shouts "stop stealing Naito's gimmick" at Almas after he does the fakeout lockup and roll into a pose deal at the start of the match. Two things: that person is a neanderthal and WWE has done shit to establish his character or how influential he is.

• Like 3

I thought they did a good job in the beginning of Almas before his TakeOver debut of showing his influence.  They are still limited in how much of their history they can talk about. But when he came out in that goofy white ring gear and hat it was completely wasted and he has been fighting from behind ever since

• Like 3

I've heard Meltzer mention twice now that Aleister Black is taking on Almas at Takeover. When was that even announced? I don't recall it being mentioned during last week's NXT.

9 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I've heard Meltzer mention twice now that Aleister Black is taking on Almas at Takeover. When was that even announced? I don't recall it being mentioned during last week's NXT.

They announced it during the show - I think it was around the same time they aired his video

They announced Black's debut at Takeover in the video package, & then there was an interview segment where the "reporter" informed Almas of his match against Black at Takeover, at which time Almas cut a short promo about the match.