DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2017 WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

10 hours ago, The Natural said:

94iLafvF-600x400.jpg

Notorious.

The Bret-Austin image will always be one of my favorite in wrestling history. Such an amazing match with incredible storytelling leading up to and immediately following. I may have to shell out the cash for Homage's just-released t-shirt. 

nameaustin-vs-hart-size480x480-shotflat-

As for the above Sheamus-Bryan, that's one of the more laughable retcons in WWE history, to me. It's been credited for beginning Bryan's move into the main event and launching the Yes Movement because of the RAW crowd reactions the next night. I don't buy that at all. It'd be like attributing Austin getting white-hot in 1998 to facing Yokozuna at the Summerslam '96 pre-show. 

• Like 1

He turned heel by cashing in MitB on the Big Show, right after show had ended Mark Henry's title reign. But yeah, he was doing the weak Champion deal where he lost all the time, like Edge's first reign, and Punk's.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, AxB said:

He turned heel by cashing in MitB on the Big Show, right after show had ended Mark Henry's title reign. But yeah, he was doing the weak Champion deal where he lost all the time, like Edge's first reign, and Punk's.

Yeah, he was portrayed as very lucky to escape a cage match with Show and Henry at RR. IIRC, he was climbing out, Show grabbed him and was pulling him back in and lost his grip. Bryan fell to the floor and won.

• Like 1

They need to recreate those old Hasbro commercials for these new figures. Like, identically. It'd be a fun little retro homage I think. I can still remember them word for word, I've seen them so many times. They were great. 

• Like 5

My late mother drove for an hour to Toys R Us to buy me the Hasbro ring for birthday in 91. It was actually the same day as Mania 7, so I should have been sad I was not watching Slaughter get ran over by Hulkamania, But I was so happy and still have the remnants of said ring. A doped up relative broke it in 1996.

• Like 2

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 10:19 PM, mattdangerously said:

I really, really need to know more about "Colorful Extrovert" Gaylord Peacock.  I have so many questions.

Double post because Update!

http://itvwrestling.co.uk/

That site has a Search By Wrestler option. You can type in Peacock and get multiple match listings, and a couple of youtube links.